Draft Value: Trading 5 for 3 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Value: Trading 5 for 3

I don’t think the Lions have their sights set on one guy despite the Tua rumours. Of the teams above us in the draft order, they seem to be the one most open to a trade.

The lions would be crazy not to trade down.... Opportunity of a lifetime for them The Chargers for sure will be calling. ( unless they ink Brady )

I don’t think the Lions have their sights set on one guy despite the Tua rumours. Of the teams above us in the draft order, they seem to be the one most open to a trade.
The Lions as a franchise, despite changes in ownership over the decades, have never had their chit together, as far a coherent, long term strategy.

From Wayne Fontes, to the Andre Ware fiasco, to Billy Sims, something is always cursed with them.

Let's face it, Two all time great players preferred to retire, rather than spend another wasted year there.

I mean if you can guarantee talent like that by keeping all 14 picks then boy sign me up :wtf
The "football world?" I've seen rumors what teams MIGHT do. I've seen no firm documentation of any team making an effort to move up. You know, smokescreen and all that.

Dude, yes- football world. You’re telling me Miami for Tua is not almost everywhere from mocks to articles to radio to tv? It’s everywhere.

It would be funny if Miami does not even want Tua.

I am sorry if this belongs in the draft forum, but with all the talk about Tua I thought I'd post it here)
So I have seen a lot of proposed trades from our 5 to 3 for Detroit's pick...If you look at JJ's chart, sending the 26th pick valued at 700 actually is a little pricey to move from 5 to 3.
Detroit's #3 is at 2200 while the #5 is 1700, giving us a 200 point deficit. How would you, if you wanted to jump from 5 to 3, handle that discrepancy?
Our #39 is worth 510.
In mathematical fairness, a proper deal according to the chart would be our 5 + our 39 for Detroit's number three. (5 valued at 1700 + 39 valued at 510 = 2210), ...almost perfect value for Detroit's 3. I'd do that trade in a New york minute.
What does everybody think?

Tua is a good prospect but has an injury risk. I don’t think we trade up for him. I think we let the draft come to us and either take Tua, Herbert, or even Love. We don’t have to trade up to land a bluechip QB prospect.

redskins will likely either trade down or more likely draft chase young. Lions may trade down, or draft a player that can help them win next year. Indy will likely sign a vet in free agency like rivers, Carolina will likely ride with Cam Newton.

im telling u, we can stay put and get a good QBs prospect without trading any draft capital and so can the chargers behind us who are now in a rebuild mode. They are the biggest risk to trade ahead of us, but if we end up with Tua or Herbert, at 5, I’ll bet our front office will be okay with that with Love being another wildcard.

we don’t have to trade up, u watch...

I think it will likely cost the Dolphins pick #5, pick #26 and their first pick in round two if they want to move up to the third pick. The value chart means absolutely nothing when a team is trying to move up for a potential franchise QB.

If they end up having to move to two if they want to ensure they get Tua, it will probably cost them the above draft picks and one of their first round picks in the 2021 draft.

I hope they stay at 5 and have all their picks to rebuild their entire roster over the next 2 drafts. If that means they lose out on Tua and end up with Herbert, so be it.

Dude, yes- football world. You’re telling me Miami for Tua is not almost everywhere from mocks to articles to radio to tv? It’s everywhere.

Yout comment was "the football world is having discussions about a possible trade up." Yes, trade up rumors are heard every day, But it's easy to find reports Miami won't trade up. Maybe 'much of the football world'

Not comfortable spending ten times what the trade up chart suggests to grab an injured QB

It's not that I think they'll take Tua. It's I have no idea what they'll do. Haskins didn't set the league on fire and it's not unusual for a new HC to want a new QB. As of now, if I had to guess, I'd say 'no idea.'
Haskins showed some promise and he was only 20. If Washington moves on from him I'd be MUCH more intrigued in giving him a try then I ever was about Rosen. Haskins is such a better prospect it's crazy.

Haskins showed some promise and he was only 20. If Washington moves on from him I'd be MUCH more intrigued in giving him a try then I ever was about Rosen. Haskins is such a better prospect it's crazy.

I've said a couple of times here, WASH surprises me often with their (lack of?) logic. Only saw Haskins a couple of times early, admittedly, against good teams. I wasn't impressed. I can't comment about his talent.

I think it will likely cost the Dolphins pick #5, pick #26 and their first pick in round two if they want to move up to the third pick. The value chart means absolutely nothing when a team is trying to move up for a potential franchise QB.

If they end up having to move to two if they want to ensure they get Tua, it will probably cost them the above draft picks and one of their first round picks in the 2021 draft.

I hope they stay at 5 and have all their picks to rebuild their entire roster over the next 2 drafts. If that means they lose out on Tua and end up with Herbert, so be it.

If you think that is the cost for Miami to move up, wonder what it would cost a team like the Chargers? 1st, 2nd , 3rd in 2020 and 1st in 2021? How much is too much for them?

Back
Top Bottom