Draft

What position to draft?

• CB

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • OL

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • WR

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other, if this is your choice, please tell in post what you would draft, and why.

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

ashtoncvsg

Scout Team
Reaction score
In the beginning of the offseason the debate was which OL to draft. Now all the sudden it has changed from a debate on which to draft WR or CB. Personally I don't feel we really need another WR, a good slot would be nice, but I don't think it is our first concern. While I do feel the CB position is light, Saban did pick up 2 CB and a DB(which we don't know what pos he will play). I don't really feel any of these 3 guys were the answer, but obviously Saban does. With that being said seeing as how he feels these guys are good enough to warrent picking up, why are people still talking about drafting a CB? Our 2 main concerns were QB(which we took care of) and OL. I still have yet to see improvement on what I feel was one of the worst OL in the NFL the past 2 seasons. While I do feel Shelton could be a good pick up, it isnt the dramatic lift our OL needs. I still say we take Winston Justice if available and if not the next best OL on the board. What do you guys think?

Depending on how the rest of FA goes, I would take a safety. There seems to be more depth at CB, OL, and WR so that good players at those positions could be available in later rounds.

WR, They will be about the right value at our pick and make our Defense that much harder to defend.

We spend the draft pick to bring in our QB, now lets give him another target to throw to! (This is of course, assuming that WR is the BPA.)

other. We could use a good safety. We gave up big plays last season, and need someone there to help

I think Safety is most likely. Also I am surprised you did not mention DT. In my mind it is a huge need. Our D line is aging and Manny Wright is a big boom or bust player. I think we could get a good one in round two, but there isn't anybody worth the 16 that is going to be left.

i don't really see a reason to focus on WR. if there's a good one there, and the target defenders are gone, then maybe...still i'd rather trade down.

dolfan348454999 said:
I think Safety is most likely. Also I am surprised you did not mention DT. In my mind it is a huge need. Our D line is aging and Manny Wright is a big boom or bust player. I think we could get a good one in round two, but there isn't anybody worth the 16 that is going to be left.
There's a problem with your statement...we don't have a second round pick this year.

dolfan348454999 said:

One Manny isn't a bust. He only played a handfull of downs. He is young and they are bringing him along slowly. Yes our DL is aging, but we took two DL in last years draft, and Manny with this years pick. We have a solid Dline the way it is right now. Might be a little older, but one of the better Dlines in the NFL. With only a few picks in this years draft, and bigger needs else where, DL isn't that big of a priority. Maybe if someone falls crazy to us, then I could see it. But need other positions way over that.

I have said for awhile now I want Winston Justice! We need a RT cause I am not happy with Seth as our Center and I think we can just move Carey to Guard and Hadnot to center and be alot better! If he is gone I would take Jackson or Holmes becuase we need a WR with some speed to take the pressure off Chambers and Booker is good just not the whole solution. If we can't get those guys than I am more than happy to take Ko Simpson to play Free Saftey and have Hill play strong!

Skeet84 said:
I have said for awhile now I want Winston Justice! We need a RT cause I am not happy with Seth as our Center and I think we can just move Carey to Guard and Hadnot to center and be alot better! If he is gone I would take Jackson or Holmes becuase we need a WR with some speed to take the pressure off Chambers and Booker is good just not the whole solution. If we can't get those guys than I am more than happy to take Ko Simpson to play Free Saftey and have Hill play strong!

Amen! :D

Back
Top Bottom