Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft

Miami has one first round pick, and stays at #20. Who do you draft?

• QB - Rivers

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • O-Line - Carey

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • WR - Clayton

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
Assuming we keep Wally and are left with the current picks that we have in the 1st, 3rd and 4th. What do you think Rick, Dan and Dave would do if they weren't to trade down.

I would hope that they choose Rivers, and help out WR and Oline in FA.

I would take Clayton as long as it was Michael Clayton...
Rivers is 2nd+ round talent.
Carey would be my choice if Clayton & Woods were gone.

With the 20th overall pick the Miami Dolphins selcect WR Rashaun Woods!!!!!!! THE crowd goes WiLd!!!!! Ricky & C.C. are seen giving high fives. Due to the fact that E. Smith just rushed for a TD....Wait I meant to say Terrell Davis scored the TD....or was it just that Miami finally got a TRUE #2 WR that could end up as a #1 playing as a #2!!!!

You look at OL, QB, and WR.. and you take the best player out of your needs. In this case, that guy is DEFINATELY Mike Clayton.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
I would take Clayton as long as it was Michael Clayton...
Rivers is 2nd+ round talent.
Carey would be my choice if Clayton & Woods were gone.

I completely agree with this statement!

But i love Vern cause thats my boy... but i really think Clayton would be a quality WR that could start right away and we need help NOW.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
You look at OL, QB, and WR.. and you take the best player out of your needs. In this case, that guy is DEFINATELY Mike Clayton.

agreed

In a draft this rich in WR you don't have to spend a high pick to get a quality player. Next years crop of QBs looks very thin. You have to go QB this year.

Originally posted by fin-atic
In a draft this rich in WR you don't have to spend a high pick to get a quality player. Next years crop of QBs looks very thin. You have to go QB this year.

You do if you don't have a second round pick. Thats why I've been harping mercilessly on how much I hope Miami trades down anywhere from 7-14 spots and can pick up a late second or early third.

You can get your WR in the late first/early second, and QB in the late second/early third or vice versa. Either way, I like the two for one even if we went with other positions.

I think there will be quality talent in the third. With Chambers and McMichael we have a few people who can catch it if we have someone who can get it there. Ithink QB and OLine are bigger needs. We may address the line via Free Agency.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think there will be quality talent in the third. With Chambers and McMichael we have a few people who can catch it if we have someone who can get it there. Ithink QB and OLine are bigger needs. We may address the line via Free Agency.

The problem isn't so much getting the ball to those guys. We all thought our passing game was going to flourish last season, and while there are many reasons for that not happening, one of them is that one side of the field could always be eliminated from our passing game. Sure that falls almost solely on the shoulders of Derrius Thompson. But the fact remains that Chambers, while could be a top 5 WR in this league, isn't Randy Moss like, you can't throw it up to him and EXPECT him to catch it 7 out of 10 times.

Michael Jenkins sits as the ideal guy to be the No.2 WR on this team in the future. And I'd love for Issac Bruce to hold that job next year.

Taking Rivers at #20 might be reaching, his status is still uncertain but I think he will have to do great at the combine/Senior Days to get into the first round. If there is a QB worth taking at #20, then take him. If there isn't, then go WR. This year, we know there will be a WR worth taking at #20.

Back
Top Bottom