drafting braylon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

drafting braylon

northstar

Starter
Reaction score
do u guys think if we draft braylon that it may be because ricky is considering coming back..or is it because BPA..id like to see us draft ronnie but if ricky comes back braylon has to be our pick..imagine williams, chambers, edwards, and mcmichael

i still think that rb has to be adressed somewhere in the draft though

Edwards, Booker, Chambers, and McMichael means 4 good receivers fighting for the amount of production that can at maximum make 3 of them happy. It would be a disaster in the making.

Jimmy James said:
Edwards, Booker, Chambers, and McMichael means 4 good receivers fighting for the amount of production that can at maximum make 3 of them happy. It would be a disaster in the making.
You want a QB or RB at #2?

BizarroAndres said:
You want a QB or RB at #2?

I am absolutely torn between Smith and Brown at #2. I would be happy either way, I think.

I'll be fine with Edwards if Saban is really that high on him, too. I just think for the good of everyone, we'd have to trade Booker to the Eagles for a 2nd rounder.

Jimmy James said:

"disaster in the making"? why? 3 pro wideouts and a TE that all need to become "TEAM" players. to reach the superbowl you play as a team, not as an individual. put the stats aside and do what is best for the "TEAM". otherwise pack your bags cus Saban is gonna send you packing.

WHY do we keep counting on Ricky coming back??? Ricky is not part of the equation in the draft tomorrow. I would go with the best playmaker and that's edwards. The draft is deep enought that we can get a good running back in the later rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if we do go defense with most of the picks.

I'll note that I'm not saying we are unable to pick up a WR here. If it's somebody who isn't going to have to contribute and who won't expect to start immediately, it could be an excellent move. I think that rules out all of the first round WRs, but we could absolutley take on a project and be just fine.

miami_mi said:
WHY do we keep counting on Ricky coming back??? Ricky is not part of the equation in the draft tomorrow. I would go with the best playmaker and that's edwards. The draft is deep enought that we can get a good running back in the later rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if we do go defense with most of the picks.

Because some fans are idiots and believe that Ricky Williams will come back, be a changed person, and that Nick Saban will actually count on that happening.

Miami will take Ronnie Brown at 2. It makes much more sense than taking the narcisistic Edwards.

finresurrection said:
"disaster in the making"? why? 3 pro wideouts and a TE that all need to become "TEAM" players. to reach the superbowl you play as a team, not as an individual. put the stats aside and do what is best for the "TEAM". otherwise pack your bags cus Saban is gonna send you packing.

There is being a team player, and there is stupidity. Ask Troy Brown which one he was. I imagine that now that he's cut, he feels pretty used.

How many yards do you expect the Dolphins to throw for next year? We'd have to throw for at least 4000 with that group to avoid utter disaster. Even then, there would still be at least one very disgruntled player. Why go through all of that and poison the well when you see it coming?

Move on from Ricky people....he isn't going to be counted on. It's a new era, starting tomorrow!

I'm with JJ to a point. I don't see any point in drafting Edwards beyond some sort of trade bait. I'm fine with it if that's what Saban thinks is best, but we're most flush with receivers who are young and have long careers ahead of them.

I think #2 is too high to take any of these RBs as well.

Ideally, I'd trade out of it and take one of the big 3 RB around 5-7.

Jimmy James said:
There is being a team player, and there is stupidity. Ask Troy Brown which one he was. I imagine that now that he's cut, he feels pretty used.

How many yards do you expect the Dolphins to throw for next year? We'd have to throw for at least 4000 with that group to avoid utter disaster. Even then, there would still be at least one very disgruntled player. Why go through all of that and poison the well when you see it coming?

You have to understand something. Those fans I mentioned in an earlier post are the same fans that think Scott Linehan is going to come in and throw the ball 700 times next season while only running it 200 times.

They also refuse to believe that Ronnie Brown will do tons more for this offense than Braylon Edwards ever could. The only impact Edwards will make is in the passing game, and I don't see him as a player that will stretch the field in that aspect. Ronnie Brown will affect the running and passing game. He will open things up downfield by drawing the safeties up. He will also give the quarterback more time to throw due to his ability to block on the blitz pick ups. He will also open things up underneath as well as down the field with his receiving ability. There isn't another player in this draft that can be used the way Ronnie Brown can be used.

*He can dot the I in the I formation
*He can play in the single set
*He can run in short yardage situations
*He can run in long yardage situations
*He can play on third downs and in obvoius passing situations
*He can be split out wide as a receiver, allowing the team to use the empty set in the backfield
*He can open things up where they can utilize Heath Evans's running ability
*He can line up in the split backfield and lead block for the other runner

Agua said:
I'm with JJ to a point. I don't see any point in drafting Edwards beyond some sort of trade bait. I'm fine with it if that's what Saban thinks is best, but we're most flush with receivers who are young and have long careers ahead of them.

I think #2 is too high to take any of these RBs as well.

Ideally, I'd trade out of it and take one of the big 3 RB around 5-7.

Trade with who??? Sound like no one want to trade with us. I say take Edwards and in the 2nd round pick up a RB!!!

Back
Top Bottom