Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

"but the utter bias of your posts is outstanding."

Pot meet Kettle......

There are enough reports on Mallett to send up a red flag for any smart GM. He SHOULD not be a first round pick not only for Miami, but for any Team IMO.

If you want me to do research and provide some data like the "unbalanced One" then pay me and I will.

Other than that I am content with sticking with my opinion because at the end of all of your & the “Unbalanced Ones” long drawn out post that I refuse to read and skip to the end...(Like a boring book) It is no more than what I produced "An Opinion"

The only red flags being thrown out are by the media. You know, the same media that says Chad Henne is not a franchise quarterback. So when are they correct? When should we listen to them? Its cool to listen to them when they are spreading rumors(with no facts) but not when they are saying "yo, this guy has had 2 seasons, and hasnt made any progress" and posting evidence as to why?
Lemme guess, you took their "red flag" to heart about Ryan Mallett skipping meets with the Panthers to go drink his body weight in booze? We totally should have listened then. Completely should have ignored when the Panthers organization sent out a letter saying "thats absolutely crazy".

Nothing has been proven. Thats the truth. And theres a reason why more and more teams are stepping up and saying: "we are going to take him in the first round". Even if its smokescreen, thats telling a shred of truth. Teams do not waste time spreading rumors people aren't likely to believe. They have been choosing Mallett because teams are starting to get completely comfortable with the idea of drafting him.

And you must have misunderstood me. I said it was "fun", "amusing", and your opinion was a "gem". I am loving your opinion, please continue. I mean, its so wrong and twisted that its fascinating how someone can be so misinformed. And why would i pay you for research and data? I've already seen you cannot produce it or you produce things from horrifically bad media sources(Mel Kiper pops to mind).
And your opinions thus far have been wrong. I recall when you were harping about "our front office's never having any stability!" When i pointed out that only Cam Cameron didn't, you declared he shouldnt have been fired. Its this kind of logic that i can get behind....watching from a distance and chuckling. But none the less, please keep it up, this thread contains some grade A hilarity.

"So when are they correct? When should we listen to them?"

Maybe when the guy who is the victim of the rumors "Fall on the sword" and admit that they are true?

As for my point about Miami's lack of stability it is 100% accurate and my point about Cam Cameron is just an extreme example of how things have been unstable in Miami.

The fact is Since Don Retired they have had a turnstile in the front office and at The Coaching position that can not be denied by any reasonable person not trying to out wit an old dog....

*Tony Sparano (3 years)2008-present
*Cam Cameron (1 year).... 2007-2008
*Nick Saban (2 years)...... 2005-2006
*Jim Bates (few months)...........2004
*Dave Wannstedt (to many years)....2000-2004
*Jimmy Johnson (not enough years)....1996-1999
*Don Shula......(25 years) ......1970-1995

And many of you idiots want to fire Tony & Jeff and start over.......

Many of you most likely booed Cam Cameron when he passed on Brady Quinn....Where's Quinn now?

Say what you want abou Cam Cameron but he had Ronnie on his way to a probowl and career season.....Had he been given time who knows who would have been the QB...

So excuse me if I am not impressed with your infatuation with Mallett spurned on by the "Unbalanced One"

"So when are they correct? When should we listen to them?"

Maybe when the guy who is the victim of the rumors "Fall on the sword" and admit that they are true?

As for my point about Miami's lack of stability it is 100% accurate and my point about Cam Cameron is just an extreme example of how things have been unstable in Miami.

The fact is Since Don Retired they have had a turnstile in the front office and at The Coaching position that can not be denied by any reasonable person not trying to out wit an old dog....

By "Fall on the sword" you mean do exactly what he told the press he would do? He never denied experimenting with drugs. Not once. He told the press "it was a matter he would discuss with the teams" and thats exactly what he did. He never failed a drug test, he never got busted by policy with drugs, and he never was caught by coaches while under the influence. What he confirmed or denied with team officials has apparently been enough to make them comfortable.

By the way, i know this is a shocking development, but many kids while in college have tried drugs. That doesn't equal addiction. Dan Marino tried drugs and it worked out fine. Michael Phelps got caught smoking pot, and according to a bunch of olympic records he turned out fine. We have had Presidents of the United States try out drugs. Get over it.

Oh, and where did you receive this 100% verified evidence of drug abuse concerning Ryan Mallett? Please, do share? The only piece of evidence is from...wait for it...the media. A source supposedly heard it from another source that was told by a team director that Ryan Mallett said something. Whoa! What thoroughly accurate information! So, again, its 100% truth when the media reports something you like, but when they report something you dont like(with visible evidence on everyone's tv screen) concerning Henne's lack of improvement: then by god everyone but you is wrong!

*Tony Sparano (3 years)2008-present
*Cam Cameron (1 year).... 2007-2008
*Nick Saban (2 years)...... 2005-2006
*Jim Bates (few months)...........2004
*Dave Wannstedt (to many years)....2000-2004
*Jimmy Johnson (not enough years)....1996-1999
*Don Shula......(25 years) ......1970-1995

And many of you idiots want to fire Tony & Jeff and start over.......

Many of you most likely booed Cam Cameron when he passed on Brady Quinn....Where's Quinn now?

Say what you want abou Cam Cameron but he had Ronnie on his way to a probowl and career season.....Had he been given time who knows who would have been the QB...

So excuse me if I am not impressed with your infatuation with Mallett spurned on by the "Unbalanced One"

2 of those coaches were asked to leave. 1 was fired, the other accepted retirement. Every other one quit. Every single one made the choice, without ANY pressure from our owner, to leave. The owner especially wanted to keep Jimmy Johnson and Nick Saban, but they both either retired or asked to be let out of their contracts. What point are you trying to make? 1 in 6 coaches gets fired, and thats "pressured"? To me, that says "free rein until you mess up on a historic scale".

When you lose 15 games in a 16 game schedule, your liable to get fired. When members of the team start screaming at you because of your lack of leadership, your liable to get fired. When you draft players based on personal friendships and not on the field talent evaluation, your liable to get fired.

I'd say you are overlooking the fact that he benched Ronnie Brown at the beginning of the season. As a slap in the face, he had Ronnie Brown returning kickoffs in pre-season. This doesn't even take into account the fact he flat refused to take back Ricky Williams(who by all accounts has had the better success) until losing upwards of 5 running backs to injures(in part because of lack of offseason conditioning).

By the way, many on this forum wanted Patrick Willis. We needed someone to line up beside Zack Thomas(before Cam Cameron forced Dom Capers to switch to a 4-3 during the season) and eventually take his spot when he retired. So go ahead, ask the question: Where's Willis now?

So excuse me, seeing how im not impressed by your revisionist history.

Just think about last off season....
Who did they try and go after to replace Tony? It was Jim Harbaugh and what type of offense will he run? A WCO.....
Ricky Williams just recently on the radio said Miami seems to be going in a different direction offensively where they will not run the ball like they have before….

The owner wants to see a more up tempo style offense and the WCO is the answer. That is why I do not think they are looking seriously at ANY QB who is not mobile.

I admit I am reading between the lines.....and time will tell... 8 days and counting.

It's doesn't matter what the owner wants when neither the head coach nor the offensive coordinator have any experience running the west coast offense.

They claim they are going to a similar offense of New England. Well if you look at that offense it's a cross between the WCO and the spread. The WCO has evolved so much there are so many different versions. Philly and GB run a WCO that throws the ball down the field, which isn't the traditional offense. Was and Hou run one that throws the ball down the field, but is more run heavy. NE and KC run a hybrid of the WCO and spread. Clev and Seat probably run the closest to a traditional WCO, but I would imagine San Fran will as well. The only thing all of those really have in common is they set up the run with the pass instead of setting up the pass with the run. They spread the field and create running lanes.

The New England offense they were referring to is the offense New England ran during Daboll's seven years there.

Chad Henne described the offense as similar to the one he ran at Michigan and is QB friendly.
Henne described the offense as “similar to what I was used to at Michigan. It’s a New England offense — New England with a little Jets in it. It’s a good offense for a quarterback.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/01/2090077/miami-dolphins-chad-henne-says.html

Personally I wanted Levi Brown until he was taken off the board by AZ; after that I wanted Willis. Would love to say that I wanted Revis also, but honestly he wasn't at all on my radar at #9. I did Not want the Catholic University's hype machine, not even if it was a package deal with Jeff Smardja (sp?). So I cheered when I didn't hear the expected "Brady Quinn" but went "WTF" when I heard us taking a guy I just saw being put into a boot who came out of left field. Cam, as well meaning as he may have been, had some misfortune, some injuries, but he did not command respect, alienated a number of key players and stumbled with the offense, which was supposed to be his strength, He deserved to be shown the door.

2 of those coaches were asked to leave. 1 was fired, the other accepted retirement. Every other one quit. Every single one made the choice, without ANY pressure from our owner, to leave. The owner especially wanted to keep Jimmy Johnson and Nick Saban, but they both either retired or asked to be let out of their contracts. What point are you trying to make? 1 in 6 coaches gets fired, and thats "pressured"? To me, that says "free rein until you mess up on a historic scale".

When you lose 15 games in a 16 game schedule, your liable to get fired. When members of the team start screaming at you because of your lack of leadership, your liable to get fired. When you draft players based on personal friendships and not on the field talent evaluation, your liable to get fired.

I'd say you are overlooking the fact that he benched Ronnie Brown at the beginning of the season. As a slap in the face, he had Ronnie Brown returning kickoffs in pre-season. This doesn't even take into account the fact he flat refused to take back Ricky Williams(who by all accounts has had the better success) until losing upwards of 5 running backs to injures(in part because of lack of offseason conditioning).

By the way, many on this forum wanted Patrick Willis. We needed someone to line up beside Zack Thomas(before Cam Cameron forced Dom Capers to switch to a 4-3 during the season) and eventually take his spot when he retired. So go ahead, ask the question: Where's Willis now?

So excuse me, seeing how im not impressed by your revisionist history.

I'm sorry you must be confused....I am not here to impress you or anybody else. I am just a man with an opinion....you have the right to disagree.....I put my opinion out here for feed back and I know when to agree to disagree.
It's no use going back and forth on words and how we both define them.........It does not matter why the past coaches and GM's and owners moved on the fact that they did has caused instability in the organization.....IMO.

I'm sorry you must be confused....I am not here to impress you or anybody else. I am just a man with an opinion....you have the right to disagree.....I put my opinion out here for feed back and I know when to agree to disagree.
It's no use going back and forth on words and how we both define them.........It does not matter why the past coaches and GM's and owners moved on the fact that they did has caused instability in the organization.....IMO.

Seeing as how you support Chad Henne, you've got no business calling other folks "confused."

Personally I wanted Levi Brown until he was taken off the board by AZ; after that I wanted Willis. Would love to say that I wanted Revis also, but honestly he wasn't at all on my radar at #9. I did Not want the Catholic University's hype machine, not even if it was a package deal with Jeff Smardja (sp?). So I cheered when I didn't hear the expected "Brady Quinn" but went "WTF" when I heard us taking a guy I just saw being put into a boot who came out of left field. Cam, as well meaning as he may have been, had some misfortune, some injuries, but he did not command respect, alienated a number of key players and stumbled with the offense, which was supposed to be his strength, He deserved to be shown the door.

It is very hard for any NEW HC to have a smooth first year without a good structure within the organization.... I am not a big fan of firing any HC after just one season......

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Seeing as how you support Chad Henne, you've got no business calling other folks "confused."

Time will tell....

By "Fall on the sword" you mean do exactly what he told the press he would do? He never denied experimenting with drugs. Not once. He told the press "it was a matter he would discuss with the teams" and thats exactly what he did. He never failed a drug test, he never got busted by policy with drugs, and he never was caught by coaches while under the influence. What he confirmed or denied with team officials has apparently been enough to make them comfortable.

By the way, i know this is a shocking development, but many kids while in college have tried drugs. That doesn't equal addiction. Dan Marino tried drugs and it worked out fine. Michael Phelps got caught smoking pot, and according to a bunch of olympic records he turned out fine. We have had Presidents of the United States try out drugs. Get over it.

Oh, and where did you receive this 100% verified evidence of drug abuse concerning Ryan Mallett? Please, do share? The only piece of evidence is from...wait for it...the media. A source supposedly heard it from another source that was told by a team director that Ryan Mallett said something. Whoa! What thoroughly accurate information! So, again, its 100% truth when the media reports something you like, but when they report something you dont like(with visible evidence on everyone's tv screen) concerning Henne's lack of improvement: then by god everyone but you is wrong!

You see how he and his agent side steps that question and in most cases where there is smoke there is fire...and IF he had a reputation of partying to much and drinking and using drugs, people will eventually tell....even his so called friends....

But the fact that you have sold out and try to minimize his actions by saying “most kids in college do it” Is just proof that no matter if it’s true or not you have blinded your mind to any negative reports on him and your attacks on me is more proof of that….

You Mallett lovers might want to check out ESPN about now...Gruden is about to drill the kid.....

Back
Top Bottom