Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

You see how he and his agent side steps that question and in most cases where there is smoke there is fire...and IF he had a reputation of partying to much and drinking and using drugs, people will eventually tell....even his so called friends....

But the fact that you have sold out and try to minimize his actions by saying “most kids in college do it” Is just proof that no matter if it’s true or not you have blinded your mind to any negative reports on him and your attacks on me is more proof of that….

They have had all offseason to tell. This isn't a new subject, there was speculation that he didn't declare for the draft last season because of drugs(i dont personally believe that, i believe he saw it just wasn't smart to declare after a single full season). So where are the so called friends? Where is the evidence? You are pointing the finger about his being honest with teams as a vice. Your using lack of evidence as evidence.

While i never have once used drugs in my life, i did drink like a fish and partied all the time. Many of the people i did party with did use drugs(some recreationally, some well more then that) later became cops, lawyers, and doctors. Jobs that are far more important then lining up under center. I've seen pictures of olympic gold medalists pulling hits from a bong.
Peter King on the best quarterback to play the game of football: "What are you going to be like when your 21 years old and your the BMOC, i mean...your going to have a few beers, your going to do things."
Don Shula: "You know, he's done some things he's maybe not very proud of in college, but who hasn't."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8022030f/Top-Ten-Draft-Steals-Dan-Marino

And your right. I "sold out" to the reality that kids do stupid things. Shocking. But what i do realize is that his "problem" was never so bad it affected his ability to play football. And thats the only thing that should be questioned. With the exception of a single arrest(in which he was caught walking, not driving), the man has a clean record. Hell, Percy Harvin failed a drug test at the combine and hasn't gotten into trouble since. So yes, it doesn't bother me that there are rumors concerning him trying a drug or two.
You on the other hand, are looking for any and all excuses to bolster your argument that is so weak you yourself refuse to support your claims with any sort of evidence. In large part, because their is no evidence that you can get your hands on, and the only stuff available is innuendo, rumors, or stuff that just isn't a big deal(to 99.9% of those paying attention to this).

I'm sorry you must be confused....I am not here to impress you or anybody else. I am just a man with an opinion....you have the right to disagree.....I put my opinion out here for feed back and I know when to agree to disagree.
It's no use going back and forth on words and how we both define them.........It does not matter why the past coaches and GM's and owners moved on the fact that they did has caused instability in the organization.....IMO.

Your 100% correct, i am confused. How anyone can sit here and say Cam Cameron did not deserve to get fired goes outside of what i define as logic. Very few teams in NFL history did as bad a job as we did that season. If a person is hired to win games, and we lose 15 out of 16, why should he keep his job? If a person is hired to lead a team, and his team is actively fighting against him, why should he keep his job? When a person drafts bad players because he knows their families, why should he keep his job?

And "it does not matter" why they moved on, but the fact they did move on is what created instability, so somehow that should equal giving Tony Sparano a free pass. Your pointing at things that have nothing to do with one another, making a vague connection, and labelling it the cause of our current problems. I will make it simple: win games or get fired. That totally goes against what the other coaches(save Cameron) had, which was: win games or you get fired even though the owner will not fire you and instead look the other way as the team falls apart due to inept front office work and bad coaching after which the owner will attempt to talk you out of quiting.

I find it hilarious that in one sentence you are quick to bash some people's preferance for Brady Quinn, but are so quick to step back when reminded how many wanted some very successful players. You are completely allowed to post your opinion. And i am equally allowed to point out the hugely visible flaws in it and bring up reminders of reality. As well, i to know when to agree to disagree, i just see no reason to as your opinion is so far fetched that it is easy to disprove. And it is a good thing you are not here to impress me or anyone else, because you have not.

You Mallett lovers might want to check out ESPN about now...Gruden is about to drill the kid.....

clear.gif

Joey porter was the biggest knucklehead to disrespect Cam Cameron, if you want to side with him all you are doing is losing this argument, because Joey is a loose cannon. (He also was one of my favorite players) He did the same with Tony he seems to have no respect for authority.

As far as Tony getting a free pass. I never said that, in fact I am not a big Fan of Tony. I feel a more experienced HC would have done a better job over these past two seasons with the team we have. So I was on the "Fire Tony” bandwagon this past off season. It is way to easy to get a little too emotionally attached to this team and make quick emotional decisions. In hindsight I am glad Tony is still here because if he were fired what would have happened most likely?

A new HC and possibly new GM would have come in and possibly with a new “SYSTEM” and so now the players on the team would not fit the system and so they would start to dismantle the players that is not their players and so we start all over again….

Now they still would be only allowed one bad season before the idiots would once again call for the heads of everybody….(Owner , GM ,HC)
It makes no sense to fire any HC in the game after one year. (See Cam Cameron) Because it truly takes at the very LEAST 4 years to try and rebuild a team and that would be if you had perfect drafts from year one. Cam should have been given 4 years to try and turn that team around. I also was not a fan of him too. (I do not like Rookie HC’s) If I were the Owner I would have paid the money for Bill Cowher....

When you fire a GM or HC it sets a team back years IMO. The same is true when drafting a Rookie QB. It takes time to develop any Rookie QB and for some who may have not played in any Pro style system it’s like trying to learn a new language and some my not be as fast as others in learning such a complicated offense compared to their college years with a less complicated offense …

But the fans would have a fit if they draft Mallett or any QB this year and Henne starts the season and begin to have problems. What is the logical thing that will happen…???

They will demand that the Rookie starts, using the same foolish logic that most fans use…Well it’s better to let the Rookie play than to stick with Henne it can’t be any worse….

So then they start that Rookie (even though he is not ready) and if he also struggles and looks as bad if not worse than Henne…what happens then? Well we have a full fledge QB controversy…..the Henne supporters will say Henne was better than that, the New Rookie QB supporters would say Well he just needs more time….and the rest who are fed up with everything will call for the heads of The(Owner , GM ,HC) if not all of them, one of them for sure….
I for one feel we need to stick with this management for at least 3-4 more years they have earned it IMO just by how they have stocked this team with a young Defense that is full of potential Pro Bowl defensive players if they keep developing them correctly…

They can now start to complete the job by drafting Offensive Talent to balance the team out……

It would be a waste to draft any QB this year and if “I” were the GM I would not this year. Unless it’s some kid late in the draft who I see potential if here were to sit for a few years, That would prevent unreasonable fans from undermining Henne or the Veteran QB I would bring in to compete with Henne.
Henne is still an unknown as far as if he truly has reached his potential…In fact they are to blame for the mistake of not squashing any QB issues now. They should have endorsed the idea that Henne is our starter better. (Even if they were not 100% sure about that) Now you have a large part of the fan base absolutely sure Miami needs a new QB. I just do not agree just yet that it is the case.

I would concentrate my attention and this draft on every other offensive position of need other than QB. I would draft in the first round an impact player who can “DAY ONE” start. ( Mark Ingram / Torrey Smith) I also would double up with another RB and Speedy WR in the later rounds. I would get the best pass catching SPEEDY TE I can in the draft, I also would draft the best OT/G I can in the draft.

I would make every effort to try and trade down. If the labor agreement were settled I would put one of our YOUNG D-Linemen on the trading block.
( Kendall Langford or Phillip Merling ) which ever one would get me the best pick….I also would listen to any offers for one of our young CB/DB’s if it were to get me a 2nd round pick…..

“Everybody says you can find running backs later in the draft, or you can find receivers later in the draft, or you can find guards later in the draft,” Ireland said. “I think if you look at the top running backs in this league over time, they’re going to be first- and second-round picks. I do know that.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/21/2179738/jeff-ireland-is-right-miami-dolphins.html

Jeff Ireland really knows what he's talking about....

My Latest Miami Dolphins Mock Draft 7 Rounds

Plan A: (Non Trade Version)

1st (Mark Ingram/ Mike Pouncey /Torrey Smith)
3rd (DeMarco Murray/Shane Vereen/ Virgil Green)
4th (Ricky Stanzi,/ D.J. Williams/John Moffitt)
5th (Roy Helu Jr., Mason Foster, Da'Rel Scott,Denarius Moore)
6th (Cecil Shorts III, Tyrod Taylor, Ricardo Lockette)
7th (Ryan Hill, Jake Kirkpatrick, Jarriel King)
7th (Bilal Powell, Taylor Potts, John Clay)
7th (Colin Jones, Byron Maxwell, Michael Morgan)

The Trade version would be to aquire a 2nd round pick and here is the list of players they most likely will try and target if they were to get a 2nd round pick.

Christian Ponder
Jake Locker
Akeem Ayers
Ryan Mallett
Mikel Leshoure
Torrey Smith
Titus Young
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Williams

The good news IMO for you Mallett lovers is IF his stock plummets and he falls out of the 2nd round I feel that would almost assure he would land in Miami if he is there in the 3rd round....

The latest report just might have taken him out of the 2nd round.....

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Mallett-skips-out-on-meeting-with-Panthers.html

The National Football Post stands behind its report earlier today that Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett informed the Carolina Panthers he was sick when he was supposed to meet them during a pre-draft visit to Charlotte, N.C., earlier this month after a late night on the town.

How do you miss a meeting with the team that is picking first in the Draft? He was sick......Really?!

OMG if that is not a stupid mistake. He may have thought they were not taking him as the first pick in the Draft. But the fact is they could be looking at trading down and maybe take him later in the draft...who knows????

For this report to surface it's obvious that somebody in the Panthers organization was not to happy he didn’t show up.

My prayers go out to Brandon Marshall........

It's divorce time Bro......

Dolphins' Marshall hospitalized after stabbing; wife arrested

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...r-stabbing-wife-arrested?module=breaking_news

By Albert Breer NFL Network

Dolphins WR Marshall stabbed, hospitalized; wife arrested

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall was stabbed late Friday night and remains in intensive care at a South Florida hospital after an incident involving his wife.

A high-ranking Dolphins source said Saturday that Marshall's injuries are "not life-threatening."
Michi Nagomi-Marshall, who married Brandon Marshall last year, was arrested on one count of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Bond was set at $7,500.
"This is a very difficult time for Brandon and family," Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, and lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, said in a joint statement. "Thankfully, he will make a full recovery. We simply ask that his privacy is respected."
McGuire and Steinberg were traveling to South Florida on Saturday morning to be with Marshall.

3 days away, and we will finally see what Miami will do. One thing is for sure is that many having different views as to what they "SHOULD" do. I think we all can 100% agree on one option "Trade Down". We can all agree Miami would be best served to try to trade down and try and get a 2nd round pick.

Other than that we seem to all have different thoughts as to what to do. I still think the safest pick would be a pick of need and value and Mark Ingram fits BOTH @ 15th in this year’s draft. He is a top 15 player by almost everybody ranking players. He is the number 1 rated RB in the opinion of everybody too He is a true NEED pick because Miami's backfield have 2 unproven players Kory Sheets and Lex Hillard signed.

Ricky and Ronnie are both old. So we can all agree that one if not both will not be back.

So to me the logical choice is RB and I am glad Jeff last week refuted (what many who do not want Ingram says) that you can find a RB later in the draft. The fact is most RB's Drafted in the first are usually very good RB's and this team is in need of a RB more than any position. Now QB is the one position that seems to be 50/50 when they are drafted in round one. Most likely because they are over valued and teams tend to reach.

Is Miami in DIRE need of a QB in this year’s draft? NO! Henne is still an unknown IMO and should have at least another year before they give up on their "INVESTMENT" in him. They are correct to bring in competition but whom? Many Henne haters are saying there is no better option out there, than that shows Henne at worst is an above average QB.

I say keep building the talent around him this year give him every opportunity to succeed, if he fails to step up you can Draft a QB next year or trade for one.

Here is my opinion of Miami’s needs in order.

RB (2), TE, OG/T (2), Speedy WR, ILB, QB,

3 Days and counting.......

GO MIAMI!!!!!!

:)

I agree trade back some and take Mallet.Not too far..New England is playing us to take either Mallet or Ingram at 15.We could call there bluff and trade back..I would Take Mallet in a trade back if he's gone then Kaepernick.

My 3 possible #15 pick in order

1) Mark Ingram (it's the SMART pick to me)
2) Mike Pouncey (He is a need too)
3) Torrey Smith (Also a need)

I also did a mock that had Tyron Smith fall to #15 if he does I can see him as our pick.

Even with Parcells gone I would suggest you pay attention to his special tonight to see how Jeff's line of reasoning just might be.....3 days and counting!

My Latest Miami Dolphins Mock Draft 7 Rounds

Plan A: (Non Trade Version)

1st (Mark Ingram/ Mike Pouncey /Torrey Smith)
3rd (Colin Kaepernick/Ryan Williams/DeMarco Murray)
4th (D.J. Williams/ John Moffitt/Casey Matthews to replace Channing)
5th (Denarius Moore/Roy Helu Jr., Mason Foster, Da'Rel Scott,)
6th (Cecil Shorts III, Tyrod Taylor, Ricardo Lockette)
7th (Ryan Hill, Jake Kirkpatrick, Jarriel King)
7th (Bilal Powell, Taylor Potts, John Clay)
7th (Colin Jones, Byron Maxwell, Michael Morgan)

The Trade version would be to aquire a 2nd round pick and here is the list of players they most likely will try and target if they were to get a 2nd round pick.

Christian Ponder
Jake Locker
Akeem Ayers
Ryan Mallett
Mikel Leshoure
Torrey Smith
Titus Young
Andy Dalton
Shane Vereen

Tomorrow is the day; this is one of the most important drafts in Miami's history IMO. This draft could add the final pieces to this team that would send them into the playoffs and a perennial playoff contender for years to come or it could force change next year that would see at the very least Tony fired and maybe Jeff too?

It SHOULD be an offensive player draft I would try and get one Defensive player....(See Casey Matthews in my Mock in the 4th round) But other than an ILB I would stick to an offensive draft for the most part.

As Bart Scott said in the playoffs last year… “I CAN’T WAIT”!

Every team has supposedly "impatient" fans, it's the nature of the beast. People do not want to pay good money year after year to support mediocrity time and time again. Just felt the need to interject.

Back
Top Bottom