Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

Your interjection is ok with me. But as a fan for well over 40 years (more than most of you have lived) I can say that this team is one of the best teams we have had assembled in the 3 years of this current regime since Jimmy Johnson. They have put together a very young and good defense. They have a top WR in the game, they have very few holes on the defensive side of the ball and now they need to plug in 4-5 holes on offense and they SHOULD be a playoff team.

That's pretty good considering what they started off with.....

So how anybody can (with an honest look at this team) say they are mediocre is just plan wrong IMO.

But that is just my opinion.
:)

For me its.

1. Draft Mallett at #15. Dont trade down.. take a franchise QB who is only available at #15 because of "character issues". i think most people can agree that he has the talent.& size that the Fins could use at Qb.

Henne will start the season.. but if he sucks.. Fins can turn to Mallett. Ready or not.. he would deserve a shot.
If Henne tears it up... well guess what-- Fins still have value in Mallett--- teams around the league are always looking and trading for QBs that are sitting behind solid starters..... eg. Whitehurst, Aj Feely(when the Fins went after him)-- teams looking at Kolb now...etc.

Mallett may very well be a bust at #15.... is that worst then Ginn #9, Jason Allen at #16?

Since 2000.. i like the odds of taking a QB in the first round and hows thats turned out vs ( 2-7th round)

For me its.

1. Draft Mallett at #15. Dont trade down.. take a franchise QB who is only available at #15 because of "character issues". i think most people can agree that he has the talent.& size that the Fins could use at Qb.

Henne will start the season.. but if he sucks.. Fins can turn to Mallett. Ready or not.. he would deserve a shot.
If Henne tears it up... well guess what-- Fins still have value in Mallett--- teams around the league are always looking and trading for QBs that are sitting behind solid starters..... eg. Whitehurst, Aj Feely(when the Fins went after him)-- teams looking at Kolb now...etc.

Mallett may very well be a bust at #15.... is that worst then Ginn #9, Jason Allen at #16?

Since 2000.. i like the odds of taking a QB in the first round and hows thats turned out vs ( 2-7th round)

The problem is as SOON as they draft Mallett IN THE FIRST ROUND, the supporters of Mallett will want him to start DAY 1, ready or not. Now as soon as Henne makes any kind of mistake, we have a full blown QB controversy. Is Rayn Mallett ready to start day one to go against NE? Will he be? And if he starts and NE beats him down and Miami gets another blow out, what's next. FULL MEALTDOWN. People will say why they didn’t stick with Henne, Mallett supporters will say they put him in to early. And the fire the HC, GM, and Owner chants will come and guess what, Miami will start all over with a NEW HC who will say I don't want the players they have and we start over again......I DO NOT WANT THAT!

Keep building the team around Henne....

So now that I have been here consistently for well over two weeks let me formally introduce myself…….

I AM WHO I AM!

MARKEYH is who I am. I profess to be a Dolphin seer. I am a draft freak/Geek that’s been more right than wrong on whom Miami will draft based off of how the management is perceived and their style of coaching. I am a polarizing person. You will either like me or hate me but one thing for sure, I will defend my position up to and until you give me concrete proof that I am wrong. And so far on the Mallett issue my clairvoyance tells me that there is no way in the world this Miami regime should/would draft a player with some history of drugs and with his immobility. (Especially if they as I “SEE” are going to a WCO style as I have been the first here to even mention that)

The one thing that would make the “Wild Cat” even better is if Miami had a strong armed QB who could also run.

They need a Rookie QB who will need a year or two to develop. Also someone who just might fall in the later part of round two and maybe to round 3. So if Miami were to draft a QB I would say it would be Colin Kaepernick .

I have my own article I write called “As The Seer Sees It” I usually produce it sometime after the draft and free agency period. It is my vision of how Miami will do and where they are headed. I will expose there weaknesses and highlight their strengths….

I also have a spreadsheet program I created that is highly accurate (70-80%) in predicting the winners of the weekly match-ups as I also use my “seer abilities” as the final piece of the formula to get the scores.

I am here for the long haul. I started off in 1994 at the “Miami Herald” Chat Room I was a regular at the World Crossing Miami Dolphins Talk site and the AFC Beast Miami Dolphins site as well. About two weeks ago World Crossing was shut down and thousands of people were displaced and you all have the pleasure of having me as a regular.

So let’s have some fun!

GO MIAMI!

The site has always accommodated and welcomed diverse and intelligent POVs, even if they go against the grain.

However, you're a couple of negative reputation points away from being "waterlogged/pinked-out" where you'll find yourself permanently wallowing in the Depths with XP starting threads in your dishonor. So as a word to the wise, if your intent is to stick around here long enough to prove yourself, you'll accord long-standing FH members who've built their reputations more through deed than word the appropriate respect they've already earned.. Just an FYI.

glossy_smiley_blue_wink-1.png

MARKEYH:

You say this team isn't mediocre? Let me help you with the word "mediocre":

Mediocre

A team going 7-9 two years in a row is mediocre by the very definition of the word. This team needs a jumpstart. A first round QB could be the shot in the arm we need. I will also address your assertion that we shouldn't "take a QB that has a history of drug use and is immobile.". The last time we did that, we ended up with Dan Marino. Now I'm not saying mallet will be Marino, but we won't know until we try.

Back
Top Bottom