Drafting QB debate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting QB debate

Who do u think is the best QB in the draft? Who do u want most?

• Alex Smith -Utah

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Aaron Rodgers -Cal

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Charlie Frye -Akron

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Jason Campbell - Auburn

• Adrian McPherson -Florida State

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Andrew Walter -Arizona State

• Kyle Orton -Purdue

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Dan Orlovsky -Connecticut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stefan Lefors -Louisville

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • David Greene -Georgia

• Ryan Fitzpatrick -Harvard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ItalianDolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
All this talk about the QB's in college is confusing. We hear names like Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Charlie Frye, Matt Jones, Jason Campbell, Adrian McPherson, etc. Alex Smith is probably the best one, but others say Charlie Frye has the best potential. Lots of people talk about Adrian Mcpherson being a top prospect, u rarely hear about Aaron Rodgers tho. So i thought id start a debate at who u think is best, why u think they are best, and even a poll. Right now i like Alex Smith, but some of u are talking so much about other QBs that im going back and forth:D

That's why we wait and Draft Kyle Orton in the third.

ItalianDolFan said:
All this talk about the QB's in college is confusing. We hear names like Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Charlie Frye, Matt Jones, Jason Campbell, Adrian McPherson, etc. Alex Smith is probably the best one, but others say Charlie Frye has the best potential. Lots of people talk about Adrian Mcpherson being a top prospect, u rarely hear about Aaron Rodgers tho. So i thought id start a debate at who u think is best, why u think they are best, and even a poll. Right now i like Alex Smith, but some of u are talking so much about other QBs that im going back and forth:D

In your poll, you asked two questions: 1) Who is the best QB in the Draft 2) Who do you want

I'm not sure how someone who believes that Smith is the best QB but thinks we should draft Orton, should vote. ;)

For me, it was easy. I believe that Smith is the best QB in this draft and, if we are going to draft a QB, I believe it should be him.

I like Orton because I watch him all year, but I still think that Smith is going to be the best QB that we can take with our draft picks. I really dont see us drafting a RB, I firmly believe Ricky will be in a Fins uni next year. Gordon can start the first couple games then Ricky will take over after his 4 game suspention.

I dont get Smith being the best. I dont understand a qb having avg physical skills gets to be the best. His outs float. Sorry but that is what I see and have read. yes many experts claim he is, so it is possible, but they say that on one hand, yet say he is a concern becuase of slow dropbacks, but placement of teh ball on drops, and floats on teh outs. You may not believe those reports, but they are there. Yes there are differing opinions, there always is. That is why it is a gamble, if every single scout, former GM and draft nik had teh exact opinion, there wouldnt be much debate would there? Rogers is clearly better IMO. Smith is smarter, but Rogers is intelligent, has teh intangibles and much better arm.

McPherson is still my sleeper pick, he has all teh skills, mental appraoch, the question is character, if he has matured and grown, he may be the best of teh bunch, he is accurate, athletic and has a great arm.

Rodgers is too small for my liking. I don't care what the specifics are, he just looks way to small. He's also got that pretty boy persona that makes me pray Saban won't pick him.

How can Smith be smarter if Rodgers in more intelligent, anyway? :lol:

No one can say who clearly is the better QB at this point because they all have questions surrounding wether or not they can succeed at the next level. If you want to say one will be better than the other in the NFL that's fine but it's an opinion that holds no water.

FiN.in.RI said:
Rodgers is too small for my liking. I don't care what the specifics are, he just looks way to small. He's also got that pretty boy persona that makes me pray Saban won't pick him.

How can Smith be smarter if Rodgers in more intelligent, anyway? :lol:

No one can say who clearly is the better QB at this point because they all have questions surrounding wether or not they can succeed at the next level. If you want to say one will be better than the other in the NFL that's fine but it's an opinion that holds no water.

My point is they are both intelligent and have teh intangibles, but Rodgers has better physical skills. Yes Rogers is on teh smaller size for ideal qbs, but his size shouldnt hamper his effectiveness.

rickeyrunsover said:
I dont get Smith being the best. I dont understand a qb having avg physical skills gets to be the best. His outs float. Sorry but that is what I see and have read. yes many experts claim he is, so it is possible, but they say that on one hand, yet say he is a concern becuase of slow dropbacks, but placement of teh ball on drops, and floats on teh outs. You may not believe those reports, but they are there. Yes there are differing opinions, there always is. That is why it is a gamble, if every single scout, former GM and draft nik had teh exact opinion, there wouldnt be much debate would there? Rogers is clearly better IMO. Smith is smarter, but Rogers is intelligent, has teh intangibles and much better arm.

McPherson is still my sleeper pick, he has all teh skills, mental appraoch, the question is character, if he has matured and grown, he may be the best of teh bunch, he is accurate, athletic and has a great arm.

It takes a lot more than physical skills to be a great QB, it is a very cerebral position. I don't know how you can say McPherson has all the intangibles(probably the single most important trait) in a QB when we don't even have college ball to judge him by.

Arena Ball is not the NFL and many an Arena league or Canadian quarterbacking great have failed in this league.

Jason Taylor was asked which player he would start a franchise with, he said Tom Brady. Now certainly Tom Brady, Joe Montana and many other championship QB's were not great physical specimens.

I don't know whats going to happen in this draft but I'll make a bet with you right now that Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith both will be better Pro quarterbacks five years from now than Adrian McPherson.

rickeyrunsover said:
My point is they are both intelligent and have teh intangibles, but Rodgers has better physical skills. Yes Rogers is on teh smaller size for ideal qbs, but his size shouldnt hamper his effectiveness.

h I see what your saying now, I just didn't get the context right. Sorry about that.

I think his size will hamper his effectiveness as far as being the number 1 or 2 draft pick taken overall. SOme team will lose out when the pick him and I just hope it's not us.

Frye is the best for Miami.

bakedmatt said:
i can't believe so many people are picking mcpherson...

Well I'm picking the undefeated Campbell..I think his guy is way too underrated..

I can't believe only one other person picked Andrew Walter. Who else could fit this system we're about to use better?

Back
Top Bottom