Drafting The “patriot Way” | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting The “patriot Way”

I hate the fact that the Dolphins have to copy another teams “way”, I would rather have them be the trendsetter, But nothing’s worked thus far.

You hate it so much you created a thread called the "Patriot Way" on a Miami Dolphins forum.

Speaks volumes.....

N.E is not that good at drafting but good at developing player to play in their systems. Miami is not bad at drafting but terrible at developing their player or they change coach every 3 yr. last 2 to 4 yr draft have been alright. but suck at find QB..when they do hit on some player. they let them, go in free agent.

I've always like the idea of trading down but BB and the pats didn't invent it. Jimmy Johnson used to move back all the time too. Funny how JJ and BB are very close friends and have been boating together down in the keys. Anyway, trading players for picks before is too late is something the pats do all the time. While here on this site we got people telling us how Wake needs to end up his career as a Dolphins(and never winning anything) you have the pats trading older vets for picks or letting them go into free agency and gaining picks all the time. That's how you build your team and keep adding to it every year.

I was actually one of the ones whos mentioned resigning wake..... but I wanted him resigned to a trade friendly contract which would guarantee we'd look into trading him to a contender after he hit sack 100. he's so damn close, I don't want to waste another 8 million on his production hit or miss for one year, but it'd be nice to see him get #100 in a fins uni, then be playing somewhere in January..

I've been thinking of moving up to 2 ply.

you just have to be careful. if you live in the country then septic systems aren't designed to handle the super comfy cotton toilet paper. I miss Charmin' but with a woman in the house, and 2 kids that must wipe like a woman I had to switch to Angel Soft. my father in law has been in the septic business like 50 years and he said that's what to use lol

You hate it so much you created a thread called the "Patriot Way" on a Miami Dolphins forum.

Speaks volumes.....
It’s news. Doesn’t mean I necessarily like it.
That’s a pretty weak argument, but ok.

It happens. That's how picks are valued. A 2nd this year is worth a 1st next year.
It's a good idea to trade forward like this if we get a decent offer. Depending on how effective we are at tanking (Sparano blew it completely going 6-10 after starting 0-7 leading us to Tannehill instead of Luck), we may need the extra picks to trade up to even get the 3rd best QB next year … and we need to get one of those elite guys, IMHO.

I was actually one of the ones whos mentioned resigning wake..... but I wanted him resigned to a trade friendly contract which would guarantee we'd look into trading him to a contender after he hit sack 100. he's so damn close, I don't want to waste another 8 million on his production hit or miss for one year, but it'd be nice to see him get #100 in a fins uni, then be playing somewhere in January..
Well, if there's a season where it would be OK to do a solid for a truly loyal team legend, this tank season of 2019 would be it. But it would have to be a 1 year thing I think.

I love Grant and don't see Grier moving a kid he drafted. He's done very well and has rare speed and open field moves. He's similar to Wilson and maybe the coach only wants one speed flanker type in the receiver room. I feel that you never can have too much speed and explosiveness. I hope Wilson and Grant return. Those guys are fun to watch, remember the high five? That was cool as hell!!

Tyreek Hill is the type of player we could get from Jakeem Grant, and I'd hate to lose out on that kind of offensive talent for a mid to late draft pick. I believe in Grant, and see him as the best open-field runner we have.

So we need more white receivers.

I say take Andy Isabella in day 2.

Dude has wheels, supposedly is smart and can run routes. Also played at UMASS.

Match made in heaven lol

Always trade down for picks and draft a HOF QB in the 6th round sounds like a great plab. Good luck!

Nobody wants to admit this as we embark into the “Patriot way” but it all starts with 12. Without him who knows what this looks like.

Always trade down for picks and draft a HOF QB in the 6th round sounds like a great plab. Good luck!

Nobody wants to admit this as we embark into the “Patriot way” but it all starts with 12. Without him who knows what this looks like.

The patriot way is bringing in team first players who want to win as opposed to players who want to get paid. They also don’t overpay for dline players.

Back
Top Bottom