Draftniks give in to the masses? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draftniks give in to the masses?

TeeMoney

Kid A
Club Member
Reaction score
A month... no, A week before... no, The day before the Senior Bowl most (and most visible) draftniks had Losman ranked ahead of Rivers. Sixty minutes (or 15 minutes?) of football later and Rivers is ahead of Losman and a ?wacky? few have him in the mix with Eli and Big Ben. Was it a public outcry that caused the rocketing status of Rivers? He played a great game, surrounded by great talent, against great talent... but the same things that caused him to be ranked lower in the first place are still there. So, do the draftniks NOT watch all the film they say they do? Do they just pick guys they see by school profile, then get told by the talking heads that "hey, this guy Losman has a great arm and can run", so they automatically put him above the ugly-armed Rivers? Then, as draft time comes... they fall in with the draft party-line?

I know alot of you guys love Rivers, I'm not taking away from him. Mostly just the draft guys that we worship this time of year. They watch all this tape, and not even a full game of play (ie, a few quarters in the senior bowl) changes the destiny of these guys (in the publics eye). And we cry out when the REAL draft guru's, the guys like Spielman that are making the picks, draft guys we blink our eye's at and shake our heads- cause Kiper didn't have him on his big board, or he didn't have a 3 paragraph write-up by Scouts, Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:
He also out shined Loseman at the combine, on the field, and in his interviews.

I think the more scouts saw of Rivers the more they began to see him in the top 3 at QB. Some think the drop off from Manning and Big Ben down to Rivers is so small that a trade back for Rivers from the top 5 is a good move.

It's Losman, funny guy. What were the combine results?

thanks.

T$

Back
Top Bottom