Drafts Grades & the U's NFL Prospects | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafts Grades & the U's NFL Prospects

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Taken from The Great Blue North Draft Report

Drafts Grades:

November 10
(12:01 AM): Grades in; ‘Boys, south Florida guys get As… Once again our crack scouting staff has emerged bleary eyed from our war room having checked the tapes and re-run the data with mid-season grades on all 32 NFL teams’ 2005 rookie classes. As we have noted in our weekly rookie reports, this has not been a particularly productive year in the NFL for first-year players. Indeed, just 3 teams – Dallas, Miami and Tampa Bay - received As, although there a lot of Bs. For the record, Miami RB Ronnie Brown, the second player selected this year, is our pick for the top offensive rookie of the year to date, edging out Chicago QB Kyle Orton, while Cincinnati LB Odell Thurman beat out Denver CB Domonique Foxworth for defensive honors. All this comes with the huge caveat that it takes several years for a draft to really come into focus. We all based our grades almost entirely on productivity to date and not future potential. As such, teams and/or players can be hurt because a player is hurt or is playing behind a solid veteran.

Future Prospects from the U:

Canes’ juniors say no to draft… The Miami Herald is reporting that two of Miami’s best draft-eligible underclassmen are saying publicly that they have decided to return to school next season. Sophomore tight end Greg Olsen, who as a third-year soph is draft eligible in 2006, for example, is quoted as saying he is ''definitely going to come back'' to Miami next fall as he “enjoys being around here.'' Meanwhile, junior FS Brandon Meriweather told the Herald that he’s ''coming back. I'm having fun, and another year of college would be better for me.'' There’s also not much question now that Injured junior RB Tyrone Moss, who is out for the year with a torn ACL, will also will return next fall. Junior DT Baraka Atkins, though, said he hasn't yet thought about whether to turn pro. This week, as many as 50 NFL scouts from all 32 teams were at Miami watching game tape and attending practice for a couple of days as the Hurricanes. One player they didn’t see, though, was junior CB/KR Devin Hester who has been slowed by a hamstring injury.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

In the future, there is a forum dedicated to all things college and draft, please cut down on the moderator's workload and post things in the proper forum. WB3

Thanks for the link.

Pretty good report overall and it's nice and long.

Can you pull a draft report for Ohio State? Do they have that there? I know they have some good kids coming out this year. Especially LB's

Sorry no can do on the Ohio State draft report... Sorry.

Well one thing I do like about GBNDR is it is free and they are very accurate most of the time... :)

Back
Top Bottom