Drake for Breida | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake for Breida

Neither one is special, Zona just utilized Drake better than we did. We should have gotten a difference maker in the draft. #56 and a ham sandwich for Dobbins. I take him over these two.

didn't Gase/Jets take a QB in the 4th round this year lol that should work out well for them. I am sure Gase can keep his QB and skill players confident in the plan.

I'm still bitter to this day we broke up Ajayi,Drake,and Landry. Ascending Talents that sure as hell would have looked good playing with Tua right now.

Ajayi was the strong ox that could wear down defenses and I think drake is a really great third down back.. Could have been a nasty combination if the buffoon Gase could have put his ego aside..

I still will never forget him describe Ajayi " You don't always have to hit homeruns, sometimes you just need base hits"This was the season right after he became the leading rusher in the 2nd half of the previous year but i guess he hit too many homeruns.. He then lucked out that drake was a good runner which he proceeded to underutilize his entire time..

God i'm so glad he is gone.

I don't know if Ajayi belongs in the same conversation as the other two. I get that he was talented, but outside of 1 good year? His career (which is now over at age 26) has been pretty unremarkable.

Yeah dude is still the most athletically gifted out the entire RB group, I'm still hoping he can harness the potential behind an improved offensive line. He wasn't terrible his first year so we will see what happens
No vision. No feel for setting up blocks. Plays "small".

I had hoped for the best as well, but at this point, I don't think he will ever be more than what he is.

I could be way off on this but i believe the Fins were targeting D.J.Dallas

Not long after Seattle picked him in the 4 round a few spots ahead of us they announced the trade for Breida

I don't know if Ajayi belongs in the same conversation as the other two. I get that he was talented, but outside of 1 good year? His career (which is now over at age 26) has been pretty unremarkable.
yeah who knows, In my mind it should have been a timeshare situation, Ajayi may not have gotten that Injury.. He was lighting it up and won the Superbowl with the Eagles still averaging over 5 ypc i believe.. I just know watching him run with power was beautiful, He was a tough SOB to bring down and just like Ronnie Brown if he got hit you'd see him get a couple extra yards after contact. I loved Ajayi at Boise and was ecstatic we drafted him.

If Ajayi was healthy, I have no doubt he'd still be a starter for some team. Gonna go down as a lost talent and likely forgotten but those 200 yard rushing performances were something i won't forget.

yeah who knows, In my mind it should have been a timeshare situation, Ajayi may not have gotten that Injury.. He was lighting it up and won the Superbowl with the Eagles still averaging over 5 ypc i believe.. I just know watching him run with power was beautiful, He was a tough SOB to bring down and just like Ronnie Brown if he got hit you'd see him get a couple extra yards after contact. I loved Ajayi at Boise and was ecstatic we drafted him.

If Ajayi was healthy, I have no doubt he'd still be a starter for some team. Gonna go down as a lost talent and likely forgotten but those 200 yard rushing performances were something i won't forget.

I thought he was a steal and my favorite pick in that draft but in hindsight he fell because of knee issues and it was said he would never see a second contract but yes he was a joy at the time and easily my favorite back we had in a long while.

He also made the most memorable play in my entire time as a Dolphin fan.

But hey, its fine to disagree, I am aware i'm in the minority on Drake - but I still think he Miami failed to use him properly
Didnt use him enough would be my beef. Never had Drake as a grinder getting the hard yards though and with our teams O-Line the hard yards were mostly the only option. When you have an pretty poor O-Line then your running game cannot accommodate different types of RBs.

Neither one is special, Zona just utilized Drake better than we did. We should have gotten a difference maker in the draft. #56 and a ham sandwich for Dobbins. I take him over these two.
I was disappointed to miss out on Dobbins and Taylor. Dillon as well. Those running backs went a little early than expected.

Back
Top Bottom