Drake now... | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake now...

90%. So what percentage would be acceptable to you of deep passes?

Had this debate the other night. It isnt worth it with you people. People said the same of Montana in the 80s.

Montana made a living off slants, but he threw many 10+yd passes
Never say him feast off 5yards or less like Brady

Watch the next Patsie game and keep track

Then watch some Marino highlights and say WOW
So much different

Somehow though the 5yarders are unstoppable

he could throw long very well when Moss was there

Watch from 37 mins to pretty much the rest of it...90%

Last edited:

So much different

When you know which play the defense has on it is much easier to call the offensive play that gets guys open and with open space over them, so they can gain YAC. Er...I mean, they are so well prepared and incredibly smart and talented that they can do this. :lol:

So much different

It’s interesting they are getting called for the pick plays now that teams can challenge. Brady on another team at this point in his career would not be a good look. At this point it’s the system. Jimmy G ran it better if anyone remembers - until Kiko knocked him out.

So much different

Stop with the Marino stuff. I grew up watching him. I understand what I saw then, and the arguments against Montana during the same time frame.

How do you know? I read a opinion piece stating it was JAX goal to keep him out of the AFC. So whose opinion is worth more? Yours?
Unless you can show an AFC team offered the same or more than the Rams it is neither here or there is it. Fact is teams will maximize value and send players where thy get the Best offer, the Lone exception would be QB. It surely doesnt apply to a depth RB

So then, if Drake is indeed traded and we hold a few first round picks, what talented RB could we select in the draft?

Sorry, that I had to highjack this thread with a question of my own. Curious.

So then, if Drake is indeed traded and we hold a few first round picks, what talented RB could we select in the draft?

I’d rather burn some cap space on Melvin Gordon and let Walton back him up. WE have some much cap it wouldn’t kill us to give Gordon 4 years at 13m per year.

Taylor and possibly Etienne (not sure he fits though).

So then, if Drake is indeed traded and we hold a few first round picks, what talented RB could we select in the dra

I'm fine witha running back corp in 2020 of Swift from Georgia, Dillon from BC, Walton and Ballage. Dillon could be Miami's version of Derek Henry and force teams to play the run more.

That is fine - he has had his opportunities here. Time to move on and draft another RB.
This is Miami we are talking about.

This franchise only drafts players 1 round ahead of what they project as talent level, so that they can remain "cap-friendly" (i.e. save money).

There is ZERO hope we will draft any quality starter talent except for when certain segments of the fan base demand it at QB.

Drake should be KEPT. We are trading foundational players for practice-squad level talent.

This franchise only drafts players 1 round ahead of what they project as talent level, so that they can remain "cap-friendly" (i.e. save money).

There is ZERO hope we will draft any quality starter talent except for when certain segments of the fan base demand it at QB.

Drake should be KEPT. We are trading foundational players for practice-squad level talent.
If Drake was on another team. You'd barely know who he is. He has shown nothing to warrant a 2nd contract. You can find serviceable RBs up and down the board all day long. We are talking about a ****ing RB, if they aren't a stud and haven't shown they are trending up, move the hell on. This "but it's home grown talent" crap has to stop. Hell Damien Williams showed a few flashes in KC and people were bitching we let the wrong guy go. Less than halfway into this season he barely gets 5 touches. Ajayi was the next great thing. He's unemployed. Miller never lived up to his contract in Houston. If anything, this organization has done a fine job boosting the value of mid round RBs.

What part of "the Dolphins offered Drake a long term contract and his agent never responded" aren't you following?

Stop with the Marino stuff. I grew up watching him. I understand what I saw then, and the arguments against Montana during the same time frame.

Putting Brady's name in the same sentance as Marino or Montana is a joke, and the so call NfL Experts that call Brady the GOAT only show me they're knowledge is not really.expert level or really never really watched Marino or Montana.

Back
Top Bottom