Drawing parallel | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drawing parallel

I'll take anyone compared to Kelce and Calvin Johnson.

Big talk for a guy who had 2 games with more than 100 yards receiving last year.

Guess how many D. Smith had? I will give you a hint. It was way more than 2.

Big talk for a guy who had 2 games with more than 100 yards receiving last year.

Guess how many D. Smith had? I will give you a hint. It was way more than 2.
As a Tight end. We will see. If we don't nab Pitts at 6 I hope you are right.

A comparison to Pitts would be Vernon Davis. While Pitts is 3 inches taller than Davis was, Davis was faster and stronger than Pitts is. When Davis was drafted by 49ers with the 6th pick in the 2006 draft, it was said at the time he was a unique TE who would revolutionize the position.

While Davis had a good career and was a pro bowl TE twice in his career. He never came close to having 1000 yards receiving in any season. During his 14 years in the NFL he averaged 5 TD’s a year and 13 yards per reception. These are decent career stats for a TE who played as long as Davis did but it certainly isn’t the type of stats you would expect from a player who was thought to be the player who would revolutionize the position.

So perhaps Pitts might be the player to come into the league and do things no other TE has been able to do but I have my doubts. I think he will be a good TE who may have a career similar to Davis, which certainly would be fine. I would just prefer an elite WR who can consistently gain over a thousand yards receiving every year and score at least 10 TD’s or more a year. I think Chase, Smith, and Waddle are all capable of being this type of WR and that is why I prefer the Dolphins draft one of these WR’s instead of Pitts.

The guy who was legitimately GREAT whose body type was the most like Smith was probably Lance Alworth... yup, Bambi.

Now that goes way... way back into an earlier era, but if you want a guy who was ridiculously lean and very successful... go with Bambi.
LOL, you have all the young bucks on here hitting the internet to try and figure out who the heck Lance Alworth was. While I actually watched AFL games before the merger and Alworth was one of the stars of that league, most of the young people on here probably have no idea how great he was.

LOL, you have all the young bucks on here hitting the internet to try and figure out who the heck Lance Alworth was. While I actually watched AFL games before the merger and Alworth was one of the stars of that league, most of the young people on here probably have no idea how great he was.
I only caught the tail end of his career, but I heard about him for years.

The guy who was legitimately GREAT whose body type was the most like Smith was probably Lance Alworth... yup, Bambi.

Now that goes way... way back into an earlier era, but if you want a guy who was ridiculously lean and very successful... go with Bambi.
Brother that is spot on! He was such a great receiver back in the day. Al Davis said this about him: "He was one of maybe 3 players that had what i would call "IT". You could see right from the start he was going to be a super star".

A comparison I had not seen before was Devonta Smith and Lance Alworth made by Gil Brandt.

Uncoverable 1v1.

Back
Top Bottom