• Smith/Andrews

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
Edmunds/Goedert
Roquan S/Elliot
Nelson/Michel

I'm still not understanding. You're saying take vita so he can take on doubles. But that is what Suh did. How is this any different? How is it supposed to be better? Is vita better than Suh?

Im not saying he's better than Suh, but he's got 40lbs on him out the gate and we have a gaping hole at DT now. Im not really sold on any later round DTs and we haven't contacted any FAs so it seems like we might be interested in taking one early.

No way Elliott goes before 42!!! He is a SS, not a ball hawking FS. He does his damage near the LOS. Half of those pics he got were from tipped balls. You now want 3 interchangeable pieces instead of 2 and use a second for it. Jessie Bates III or Justin Reid is what we need, not Elliott.

I think DT is a need but there are 5 guys I like at that position with Vea, Payne, Bryan, Hurst and Settle. If the Dolphins were smart they would look to trade down and acquire an extra pick and still get a solid DT.

If they were to trade down an acquire an extra 2 and 3 you could get
1st Bryan or LVE
2nd Goedert or Gesicki
2nd Leonard or Settle
3rd Bates III
3rd Mike White

No way Elliott goes before 42!!! He is a SS, not a ball hawking FS. He does his damage near the LOS. Half of those pics he got were from tipped balls. You now want 3 interchangeable pieces instead of 2 and use a second for it. Jessie Bates III or Justin Reid is what we need, not Elliott.

I think DT is a need but there are 5 guys I like at that position with Vea, Payne, Bryan, Hurst and Settle. If the Dolphins were smart they would look to trade down and acquire an extra pick and still get a solid DT.

If they were to trade down an acquire an extra 2 and 3 you could get
1st Bryan or LVE
2nd Goedert or Gesicki
2nd Leonard or Settle
3rd Bates III
3rd Mike White

Elliott doesn't have range like Ed Reed, Earl Thomas, or Malik Hooker, but he's very instinctive and does have range similar to Harrison Smith. Saying half the picks were from tipped balls is - imo - meaningless. Safeties get INT's by being in the right position and capitalizing on mistakes. Elliott is a student of the game, and he's almost always in the right place. In addition to his 6 INT's, he posted 9 PD's. By contrast, Bates III posted 1 INT and 5 PD's (40% of Elliott's output). I won't argue with someone who prefers Reid to Elliott, as I like them both, but Bates III just isn't in their range. Elliott played both deep and in the box at Texas, and he made plays at both spots, because his mind works quickly. Aside from basic fundamentals and the minimum athletic requirements, instincts are king at Safety, and Elliott has the best instincts in the class.

The INT off the tip against USC shows Elliott covering a TE running down the middle, then breaking off the coverage and making a pick that maybe no other Safety in the class gets to - then he runs it back for a TD. The INT on the overthrow shows Elliott coming from single-high. For teams looking for a big, versatile Safety, who makes a ton of plays on the ball, and will excel as the QB of the secondary (something Miami desperately needs), Elliott is very attractive.

I would rather have 2 impact starters in 1&2...if I'm dreaming I think James/Smith because I want a stronger faster defense...either way though I would like 2 impact starters on one side of the ball be it defense or offense...dreaming

The reason ESPN and others have the phins ranked near the bottom (or bottom) of their power rankings is because of their low opinion of RT and after last season, Gase has lost his wonderkid reputation
Overall roster is not as bad as many make it out to be.
At some point, this FO has to address the QB position. RT needs legitimate competition.

I think I'll revise mine to James/Lauletta as my 1-2. I think 2 is high for Lauletta, but I'd rather beat the Pats to the punch.

11 - Mayfield/Smith/Davenport
42 - Elliott/Reid/H Phillips/Jefferson

Of the players that are projected to potentially be available at the spots, those are my top choices.

1: Derwin/Roquan

2: Hurst/Goedert

That's pretty much exactly where I'm at. I go back and forth between Smith and James in round one. I'd be happy with either, but I think James may be the better player.

At tight end, I'd add Andrews. I'm not sure who the best tight end is, but round two is where Miami needs to get one among the top 3 or 4. I like Jewell at LB in round three.

Elliott doesn't have range like Ed Reed, Earl Thomas, or Malik Hooker, but he's very instinctive and does have range similar to Harrison Smith. Saying half the picks were from tipped balls is - imo - meaningless. Safeties get INT's by being in the right position and capitalizing on mistakes. Elliott is a student of the game, and he's almost always in the right place. In addition to his 6 INT's, he posted 9 PD's. By contrast, Bates III posted 1 INT and 5 PD's (40% of Elliott's output). I won't argue with someone who prefers Reid to Elliott, as I like them both, but Bates III just isn't in their range. Elliott played both deep and in the box at Texas, and he made plays at both spots, because his mind works quickly. Aside from basic fundamentals and the minimum athletic requirements, instincts are king at Safety, and Elliott has the best instincts in the class.

The INT off the tip against USC shows Elliott covering a TE running down the middle, then breaking off the coverage and making a pick that maybe no other Safety in the class gets to - then he runs it back for a TD. The INT on the overthrow shows Elliott coming from single-high. For teams looking for a big, versatile Safety, who makes a ton of plays on the ball, and will excel as the QB of the secondary (something Miami desperately needs), Elliott is very attractive.

Hey, J-Off. I know you liked Thompson at DT early in the season. What are your thought on him in the mid-rounds and some other DT's that could help Miami? I'm having trouble finding starters there after the top guys are gone.

Last edited:
11 - Mayfield/Smith/Davenport
42 - Elliott/Reid/H Phillips/Jefferson

Of the players that are projected to potentially be available at the spots, those are my top choices.

Davenport is a real interesting prospect. I haven't seen him in a live game, but he jumps out on tape. Are there any good tight ends that would make it to R3? I suppose Miami could trade back into R2.

Jefferson is intriguing as well. I wouldn't mind James in R1, Jefferson in R2 and a trade up for someone like Andrews.

Davenport is a real interesting prospect. I haven't seen him in a live game, but he jumps out on tape. Are there any good tight ends that would make it to R3? I suppose Miami could trade back into R2.

Jefferson is intriguing as well. I wouldn't mind James in R1, Jefferson in R2 and a trade up for someone like Andrews.

After Gesicki, I don't care much for any of the TE's, but I'd look for Tyler Conklin in the 4th or 5th if TE was a must.

Hey, J-Off. I know you liked Thompson at DT early in the season. What are your thought on him in the mid-rounds and some other DT's that could help Miami? I'm having trouble finding starters there after the top guys are gone.

Think there's some boom/bust with Thompson after a disappointing season, but, depending on the board, I'd be happy with him in the 4th. Has a better ceiling than many of the guys ranked ahead of him.

After Gesicki, I don't care much for any of the TE's, but I'd look for Tyler Conklin in the 4th or 5th if TE was a must.

Seems to be all over the board regarding the tight end position. Some like Hurst, others have Gesicki or Goedert. I know CK likes Andrews a lot. He seems to be someone who finds a way. Fumagali from Wisconsin I think is a bit of a sleeper.

Back
Top Bottom