Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Vea/Jefferson

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Smith/Andrews

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
That's pretty much exactly where I'm at. I go back and forth between Smith and James in round one. I'd be happy with either, but I think James may be the better player.

At tight end, I'd add Andrews. I'm not sure who the best tight end is, but round two is where Miami needs to get one among the top 3 or 4. I like Jewell at LB in round three.

If Miami goes Derwin and then a TE in round 2, I like Genard Avery at LB in round 3. He's a thumper but is also athletic enough to play in coverage. I like him a lot

Seems to be all over the board regarding the tight end position. Some like Hurst, others have Gesicki or Goedert. I know CK likes Andrews a lot. He seems to be someone who finds a way. Fumagali from Wisconsin I think is a bit of a sleeper.

Fumagalli's biggest downfall has been he hasn't been able to run or really do any drill work this offseason. I think it drops him to round 5

Round #1 - James/Fitzpatrick//Nelson/Guice/Vea Round #2 - Gesicki/Elliot/Reid/Philips

Too many scenarios to really put it into 1-2 combos.

Short list at #11...

QB: Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen
RB: Saquon Barkley
WR: (none)
TE: (none)
IL: (none)
OT: (none)
DT: Vita Vea, Taven Bryan
DE: Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport
LB: Roquan Smith
CB: Denzel Ward
DS: Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick

Extended list for 1st round (considering trade down possibilities, etc)...

TE: Mark Andrews
DT: Vita Vea, Taven Bryan, Maurice Hurst, Da'Ron Payne
DE: Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport, Sam Hubbard, Harold Landry
LB: Roquan Smith, Rashaan Evans, Tremaine Edmunds, Lorenzo Carter
CB: Denzel Ward, Joshua Jackson, Jaire Alexander
DS: Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Justin Reid

Getting down into the second round, all of the above, but also you can add...

QB: Kyle Lauletta, Mason Rudolph, Lamar Jackson
RB: Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny
WR: Christian Kirk, James Washington, Courtland Sutton, D.J. Moore, Equanimeous St. Brown, Calvin Ridley
TE: Ian Thomas, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, Hayden Hurst
IL: Quenton Nelson, Will Hernandez, Isaiah Wynn, Frank Ragnow, James Daniels, Billy Price
OT: Tyrell Crosby, Connor Williams
DT: Harrison Phillips
LB: Shaquem Griffin, Leighton Vander Esch, Jerome Baker
CB: Mike Hughes, Isaiah Oliver
DS: Ronnie Harrison, Terrell Edmunds, Jessie Bates

Fumagalli's biggest downfall has been he hasn't been able to run or really do any drill work this offseason. I think it drops him to round 5
I think that would be interesting. Taking a 5 or 6 flyer on him and doubling up a TE.

I think that would be interesting. Taking a 5 or 6 flyer on him and doubling up a TE.

He was actually one of my favorites dating back to last season. I just find it troubling when a guy can't find a way to do testing at his pro day or the combine. He's not the most athletic, but from what I saw at Wisconsin, he knows how to use his body to snag passes in traffic. I think he'd be a terrific red zone target.

Regardless, I'm a fan of drafting two tight ends in this draft. Hopefully one in the second round and one in the 6th if possible. I'd imagine we'll bring in some UDFA TEs as well. Maybe we can find a diamond in the rough.

Fumagalli seems like a Jesse James type of TE, which isn't very dynamic, but can be solid.

He was actually one of my favorites dating back to last season. I just find it troubling when a guy can't find a way to do testing at his pro day or the combine. He's not the most athletic, but from what I saw at Wisconsin, he knows how to use his body to snag passes in traffic. I think he'd be a terrific red zone target.

Regardless, I'm a fan of drafting two tight ends in this draft. Hopefully one in the second round and one in the 6th if possible. I'd imagine we'll bring in some UDFA TEs as well. Maybe we can find a diamond in the rough.

Fumagalli seems like a Jesse James type of TE, which isn't very dynamic, but can be solid.
I haven't seen. What was the no show excuse. Is he injured.

Edmunds/Smith + Gesicki/Goedert
James/Fitzpatrick + Evans/Gesicki/Goedert
Mayfield + Evans/Gesicki/Goedert

Too many scenarios to really put it into 1-2 combos.

Short list at #11...

TE: (none)
DT: Vita Vea, Taven Bryan
DE: Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport
LB: Roquan Smith
CB: Denzel Ward
DS: Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick

Extended list for 1st round (considering trade down possibilities, etc)...

TE: Mark Andrews
DT: Vita Vea, Taven Bryan, Maurice Hurst, Da'Ron Payne
DE: Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport, Sam Hubbard, Harold Landry
LB: Roquan Smith, Rashaan Evans, Tremaine Edmunds, Lorenzo Carter
CB: Denzel Ward, Joshua Jackson, Jaire Alexander
DS: Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Justin Reid

Getting down into the second round, all of the above, but also you can add...

QB: Kyle Lauletta, Mason Rudolph, Lamar Jackson
RB: Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny
WR: Christian Kirk, James Washington, Courtland Sutton, D.J. Moore, Equanimeous St. Brown, Calvin Ridley
TE: Ian Thomas, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, Hayden Hurst
IL: Quenton Nelson, Will Hernandez, Isaiah Wynn, Frank Ragnow, James Daniels, Billy Price
OT: Tyrell Crosby, Connor Williams
DT: Harrison Phillips
LB: Shaquem Griffin, Leighton Vander Esch, Jerome Baker
CB: Mike Hughes, Isaiah Oliver
DS: Ronnie Harrison, Terrell Edmunds, Jessie Bates

Yeah, lots of options. Do you think Vea is better than Payne? Seems he is consistently mocked higher. I like a trade down option with Payne, depending on who drops to #11.

Miami tends to be pretty predictable as far as drafting needs. That leads me to think LB or DT in round 1, but I also have this strange feeling that it could be Lamar Jackson.

Yeah, lots of options. Do you think Vea is better than Payne? Seems he is consistently mocked higher. I like a trade down option with Payne, depending on who drops to #11.

Miami tends to be pretty predictable as far as drafting needs. That leads me to think LB or DT in round 1, but I also have this strange feeling that it could be Lamar Jackson.

I do. Others disagree. I think the big hole in Da'Ron Payne's story is that he didn't really pressure the passer a lot in college. There are schematic reasons he can fall back on there, but it's not something you just assume a guy can do. There were schematic limitations for Vita Vea as well. It wasn't often (e.g. the Washington State game) when he was really allowed to pin his ears back and just penetrate. He was devastating on those occasions when he did, but importantly he kept an overall elite level of production in rushing the passer even despite the schematic impediments. This is because of his strength and heft, which he has in addition to the uncanny speed and mobility. He just has more tools in the tool box to reach into and use, and that allows him to impact the game even when he's not being set up to do so.

Dream - Yet Realistic
1/2 any combo:

RD1 James, Minkah, R Smith
RD2 Goedert, Michel, Daniels
I think James and Michel could be BPA options in each round. Michel is really impressive. I like Guice a little better for Miami, but really a toss up on talent.

Back
Top Bottom