Dream Results for the rest of the Season | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dream Results for the rest of the Season

Though I agree that taking Tua if he's there when Miami picks is am easy decision, Tua is not guaranteed to be a franchise QB that much more then a lot of other QBs that will also probably be coming out in April.

Some people here are blinded by his great stats he is amasing each week, or because he's from Alabama, or both and rightfully so, but Alabama is incredibly coached, and premium players do Tend to not be the same QBs in the NFL they were in college like...AJ McCaren, Jalen Hurts, Jake Coker, Greg McElroy, Brodie Croyle to name a few....Again, not saying it will be the same story, but past draft picks from Alabama does make you think.

Also if Miami does not get Tua, players like Herbert, Fromm, Eason, Burrows, Love, Hurts could turn out to be as good or better NFL players then Tua. So just because we don't get the chance at drafting Tua does not meam Miami still can't get a premium QB.

I'm hoping for 2 results because I would still like the no 1 draft pick and don't want to see us go 0-16.

1- In regards to Miami, that we beat the Pats and hopefully bugger their chance of going undefeated.

2 - Non Miami, hoping the Bengals beat the Steelers thus making the Steelers pick slightly better and lessening the Bengals chances of getting the no 1 pick.
1 - Well done the Ravens, we didn't get to piss on the Pats but will happily take that. Now can some one do the same to the 49ers.
2 - Come on Bungals still do the Steelers.

....Again, not saying it will be the same story, but past draft picks from Alabama does make you think.

I was thinking this the other day as well. How many great QB's has Tennessee produced? Do you know cause if Alabama doesn't produce NFL talent I'm off the Tua bus next stop.

Spark me up cuz I only have one life to live and i want to see my team win every chance I get.

I don’t know where I’ll be this Sunday let alone next year.

What bothers me is that a lot of you are deadlocked on Tua being the second coming when nobody truly knows.

Isn’t he playing on the best team in college that could probably beat this Dolphins team? Isn’t he coming off yet another surgery?

I believe the ones smoking crack are the ones that are ABSOLUTELY SURE that Tua is going to be a star in the NFL.

Are the odds in his favor? Yes. Is he a monster of a player? Yes. Do we not know whether it will translate to the NFL? Yeeeeee es.
I also only have one life to live, and I'd like to see my team do some real winning, not a bunch of too-little-too-late efforts vs other bad teams in a dead season.

I'm hoping for 2 results because I would still like the no 1 draft pick and don't want to see us go 0-16.

1- In regards to Miami, that we beat the Pats and hopefully bugger their chance of going undefeated.

2 - Non Miami, hoping the Bengals beat the Steelers thus making the Steelers pick slightly better and lessening the Bengals chances of getting the no 1 pick.

1- we did this last year and how did that turn out??? They won the SB and we got a lower draft pick due to a meaningless win.

Miami needs Cincinnati to win and then to beat us. We need to lose out so that we have the first pick.

I was thinking this the other day as well. How many great QB's has Tennessee produced? Do you know cause if Alabama doesn't produce NFL talent I'm off the Tua bus next stop.

Honestly other then Manning, I can't think of any, but I'm really not as big college football person.

As for Tua, he could end up being exceptionally great in the NFL, and as I have said, if when Miami picks, he is there, you take him, but if you have to trade up to get him...Not worth it, and the reason is because he plays for such a well run organization as Alabama that makes you look better then you are.

There are other quality QBs coming out if you can't get Tua, no need to go into panic mode.

I also only have one life to live, and I'd like to see my team do some real winning, not a bunch of too-little-too-late efforts vs other bad teams in a dead season.

I get it, dude. It's not as if I don't understand your point of view.

But a win is a win is a win. Doesn't matter the other guy's record. Winning boosts moral. Winning makes you a winner for the week regardless of the record. It's a happy week, filled with hope and cheer.

And those too-late for too- little efforts shows character. This team could easily mail it in but week after week it looks like they play harder and smarter. That's something to be excited about because it speaks worlds of this coaching staff. And we severely had to hit on a good HC and staff.

There's no such thing as a dead season. There are players to evaluate, schemes to improve, and experience to be had.

But, again, I understand where you're coming from.

I get it, dude. It's not as if I don't understand your point of view.

But a win is a win is a win. Doesn't matter the other guy's record. Winning boosts moral. Winning makes you a winner for the week regardless of the record. It's a happy week, filled with hope and cheer.

And those too-late for too- little efforts shows character. This team could easily mail it in but week after week it looks like they play harder and smarter. That's something to be excited about because it speaks worlds of this coaching staff. And we severely had to hit on a good HC and staff.

There's no such thing as a dead season. There are players to evaluate, schemes to improve, and experience to be had.

But, again, I understand where you're coming from.
Agree with what you're saying from a team standpoint, hoping they can stack successes and get better.

From a fans standpoint, who contributes nothing but a pair of eyeballs every Sunday for 3 hours, I'll take the short term failures for the hope of long term winning.

Honestly other then Manning, I can't think of any, but I'm really not as big college football person.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it seemed that the argument you were making was that Alabama has not produced a decent NFL QB so Tua will probably follow that trend

(" Tend to not be the same QBs in the NFL they were in college like...AJ McCaren, Jalen Hurts, Jake Coker, Greg McElroy, Brodie Croyle to name a few....Again, not saying it will be the same story, but past draft picks from Alabama does make you think.")

I don't remember that argument being made for Tennessee, or Michigan, or Oklahoma even. Regardless, it's a foolish argument and instead of seeing positives in Tua's game, many spend an inordinate amount of time looking for, grasping for, straws to NOT draft Tua. Would, rather, take a lesser talent out of fear of the unknown, when what is known is near unanimous praise.

There is a blogger, podcast guy, openly promoting trading a 1st round pick for Gardener Menchew or whatever. GTFOH

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, it seemed that the argument you were making was that Alabama has not produced a decent NFL QB so Tua will probably follow that trend

(" Tend to not be the same QBs in the NFL they were in college like...AJ McCaren, Jalen Hurts, Jake Coker, Greg McElroy, Brodie Croyle to name a few....Again, not saying it will be the same story, but past draft picks from Alabama does make you think.")

I don't remember that argument being made for Tennessee, or Michigan, or Oklahoma even. Regardless, it's a foolish argument and instead of seeing positives in Tua's game, many spend an inordinate amount of time looking for, grasping for, straws to NOT draft Tua. Would, rather, take a lesser talent out of fear of the unknown, when what is known is near unanimous praise.

There is a blogger, podcast guy, openly promoting trading a 1st round pick for Gardener Menchew or whatever. GTFOH

Tua playing with one of, if not THE most , dominant teams in the history of college doesn't give you pause?

The ankle surgeries don't give you pause?

Tua is an amazing talent. If we're at one, it's a no-brainer. But giving up a ransom gives me pause. And I have a feeling that anyone ahead of us is going to try to stick it to us knowing how badly we need a QB.

Tua playing with one of, if not THE most , dominant teams in the history of college doesn't give you pause?

The ankle surgeries don't give you pause?

Tua is an amazing talent. If we're at one, it's a no-brainer. But giving up a ransom gives me pause. And I have a feeling that anyone ahead of us is going to try to stick it to us knowing how badly we need a QB.

I don't see Cincy getting more than 2 wins on the season based on the schedule. Not looking good for Miami getting the top pick. Same goes for the Redskins but maybe they can pull out 3.

Dolphins 1-7
@ Colts
Bills
@ Browns
Eagles
@ Jets
@ Giants
Bengals
@ Patriots

Jets 1-7
Giants
@ Redskins