Drew Lock Destroying #11 Ranked Florida

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BlueFin, Mar 19, 2019.

1. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan Donator

Wow. Lock is obviously a polarizing force around these parts!

Just what we need after Thill.

:arghh

Travis34 likes this.
  2. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Missouri had at least 3 NFL prospects starting on their offensive line last year - Paul Adams, Yasir Durant and Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms. That's both tackles and a guard.

Alabama had 4 - Jonah Williams, Ross Pierschbacher, Jedrick Willis and Alex Leatherwood. Although Leatherwood played out of position last year at RG. He's a natural left tackle.

3. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

This my friends is how you scout a player. Damn skippy!

4. TedSlimmJr

His offensive line was good. His receivers didn't drop a lot of balls. Lock threw a lot of bad balls.

rickd13 likes this.
  5. TedSlimmJr

Sure it's ok for other people to like Lock and nobody said anything to the contrary. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But there's nothing wrong with trying to clear up some false narratives and myths surrounding Lock and the talent on Missouri's roster either.

rickd13 likes this.
  6. Rowdy1972

Rowdy1972 Well-Known Member

No team in the SEC is really devoid of talent besides Arkansas at the moment. Kyle Shurmur at Vandy but up the same numbers as Lock in the SEC East. Vandy has NFL talent just like Missouri. Shurmur had to overcome lackluster coaching do accomplish his season though.

7. TedSlimmJr

That's right. I mean Missouri has raked in a recruiting class just outside the top 25 over the past 5 years. Average rank somewhere around the #35 class in the country over the past 5 years. Missouri ain't UL-Monroe.

8. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

I guess if you count late round picks and count them equal to Alabama’s line... ok.

You know very well his line was not great.

And yes... even Daniel Jeremiah in his scouting report noted several dropped balls in the tape he watched... so did I.

9. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

Florida State was ranked top 10 last 5 years...but you cant rightfully judge the QB and RB there the past couple seasons. You think Missouri's offensive line played decent Ted?

10. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Watch the Alabama tape... Lock was under near constant pressure!

Nappy Roots likes this.
  11. Rowdy1972

Rowdy1972 Well-Known Member

Are we really going to start making oline excuses for a QB coming out of college? One that played on an SEC team. I learned my lesson from blaming the oline the past 7 years. Florida State is an extreme example.

12. TedSlimmJr

Yeah, they were top 8 in the country in sacks allowed (only allowed 13 sacks all season) and top 5 in TFL's allowed.

Missouri's offense was 13th in the country in total offense. You can't accomplish all this with a poor offensive line. They had a 1,200 yard back that was only a sophomore averaging 5.4 YPC and scored 11 TD's.

Nowhere near as poor as FSU's offensive line. FSU hasn't recruited offensive lineman very well. Missouri has.

rickd13 and FSU Truth like this.
  13. TedSlimmJr

You asked how many NFL prospects were on Missouri's offensive line. I told you. His offensive line was terrific.

Furthermore, every quarterback deals with drops. None moreso than Tua against Georgia. Go find me a game where a QB had more drops on perfectly thrown passes.

What I see on tape with Lock are a lot of poorly thrown balls where the receivers are falling down just catch it. Or balls thrown behind receivers on shallow crossers. His ball placement is not good.

Tailgun and rickd13 like this.
  14. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The Fitzpatrickiest team in the NFL Finheaven VIP

Jimbo was awful at recruiting o-line and did so in boom or bust cycles...grabbing 4 or 5 guys in one cycle, then ignoring the position for the next two. It was infuriating that he would spend so much time chasing the shiny big name kid and ignoring other position groups.

Nappy Roots likes this.
  15. LargoFin

LargoFin A True Fan

There is nothing wrong with Drew Lock's performance for #1 overall pick.

63% completions, over 450 attempts, over 25 attempts per sack, over 40 attempts per interception, under 16 attempts per touchdown.
    Big prototypical, quick gun, slings it, does it from the pocket, and has some athleticism.

Nothing more is required. You'll be hard pressed to find that in last 10 years of drafts. Carson Wentz wasn't as good a prospect.