Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins

Those guys often let you down... if I was pulling the trigger...production Would be essential.

I agree with that unless i see those tools translate which top 10 edge I need outside shoulder win.

That’s why I think it’s best Gary goes in front of us. The sweat heart stuff assuming it drops him doesn’t help us with Ed Oliver though imo

Curious moving up for a one year starter... passing on a more talented 4 year starter.

I made that point in another thread. Lock may be the more NFL ready QB of the 3 because of experience. But I'm not smart enough to know that for certain.

I don't think they're targeting a QB this year. If they were they'd be assembling an OL. Expecting a late day 2/early day 3 guy. Easton Stick or something.
I honestly believe that the o line being this bad the last few years was coaching. I don’t believe for a second that we are the one team in the NFL that always finds the OL guys that cannot block. The OL will improve this year due to coaching and therefore I think a 1st round QB isn’t out of the question. And there’s one thing a 1st round QB does, regardless of who it is: he gives us hope for a better future. Same reason we play the lottery.

Drew Lock is NOT diabetic

and definitely has a lower

IQ than Cutler.

So maybe look again.

I think people forget how much people loved Jay Cutler coming out of Vandy. He was a damn good prospect. Jay's ego just kind of screwed him as he thought he could win on arm talent alone

As for Lock, Ie think Miami likes the top 3 QBs more than people think but I also dont thinj we will trade up

Dan Marino Had 59.4 pct and look how he turned out, A QB make plays when plays aren't there, we make to much noise about passing percentage, this kid has the "it factor"

There is one thing about Lock. His best completion % was this past year which means he got better there. No, just over 62% is not great but lets remember something. He's very good with the deep passes and speaking of that. Tannehill complete 70% of his passes in like 8 games in 2016 but a lot of tjose passes were short passes and bubble screens. I'll admit that I haven't watched all of Lock's games in college but was he going deep more often than others which makes it harder to have a high completion %?

I'm not advocating that we draft him. That's a decision for the FO/HC to make but they will have all the fact while we don't. Is he a good leader? Can he be in command of the huddle? Can he get the locker room to rally behind him? That's what all the interviews are for and they will talk to his former coaches and teammates too.

Here's my take on the QB position in Miami.

We started having this QB debate again about year 3 of Tannehill's tenure. I'd take a QB in the draft every year until we stop having this debate. Realistically we had this debate since the year Marino retired.

2019 QB, 2020 QB, 2021 QB, maybe by then one sticks.

Back
Top Bottom