Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins

I think of the top 3 QBs in this draft, Lock has the biggest chance to be a bust.
I disagree. The biggest bust potential has Murray. But I don't think he will be a bust. Murray will be this generation's Michael Vick. Got talent but his work ethic and lack of understanding defensive schemes will be the big hurdle he will never overcome. Just like Vick he will be a reactionary QB who will be bailed out more often than not by his mobility. He will be a good and serviceable QB but never a great one.

Yes...and it should never be out of the question when you lack an elite QB.

Amazes me how the last 18 years has taught some Dolphins fans absolutely nothing...QB is priority 1 in the NFL.

We’ve had 2 Lock hall of fame QB’s, Super Bowl winning QB’s... there at our first round pick and passed for a bust cornerback and a average running back.
this is what dolphins do all time. pass on all the good qb. we try help other teams win SB.

this is what dolphins do all time. pass on all the good qb. we try help other teams win SB.

I don't know about helping other teams but we certainly help ourselves to not win any.

I honestly believe that the o line being this bad the last few years was coaching. I don’t believe for a second that we are the one team in the NFL that always finds the OL guys that cannot block. The OL will improve this year due to coaching and therefore I think a 1st round QB isn’t out of the question. And there’s one thing a 1st round QB does, regardless of who it is: he gives us hope for a better future. Same reason we play the lottery.

I have few doubts it was largely due to the coaching. But it's also a less talented group without James. Entering last year we had Sitton too, so we had quite a bit more projected talent. As it stands outside of Tunsil we have a lot of projections or at best average performers (Kilgore). Coaching will help, but that's a recipe to get a rookie killed.

I disagree. The biggest bust potential has Murray. But I don't think he will be a bust. Murray will be this generation's Michael Vick. Got talent but his work ethic and lack of understanding defensive schemes will be the big hurdle he will never overcome. Just like Vick he will be a reactionary QB who will be bailed out more often than not by his mobility. He will be a good and serviceable QB but never a great one.

You may be right... it all depends on how he adapts to the pros... college is a much different level. Lock is my QB1 in this draft due to his skills, experience and potential!

Oh.

Back
Top Bottom