• Dwayne Haskins

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

Kev7

Active Roster
Reaction score
Assuming Kyler Murray goes number 1, who do you guys prefer out of Haskins vs Lock?

My choice would be Drew Lock. I was impressed with his athleticism from his pro day as opposed to Haskins who will struggle to create his own throwing lanes and seems like he has a propensity to gain weight.

Reports suggest Lock is extremely like-able and let's face it, you need your QB to be a locker room leader who players will gravitate toward. If the coaching staff is sold on him I wouldn't mind leap frogging the Broncos and trading up with Detroit to secure him.

Sometimes I just wonder how either of these two guys would have done if they had been in the other guy's team.
Lock with Ohio ST and Haskins at Missouri

Ohio ST was loaded and Missouri wasn't. This is why it's so hard to tell how good a QB will be in the NFL. The QB having talent is fine but sometimes the team they go too will have a lot to do with how good or bad they do in the NFL.

I like things about both but I guess the real question is, who does this coaching staff rather have?
Which one would be the best to run their offense. I know people like to think we're going to run exactly what the pats run on both offense and defense but I'm sure we'll do at least a few things different. Haskins is very accurate from the pocket which is good. Flush him out and he's not as accurate.
Lock can move better and will get you yards/first downs with his legs.

Also, what kind of leader is the coaching staff looking for? A lot goes into making the decision as to who they'd rather have and in the end it could be all academic cause both of them could be gone before our pick thanks to our fluke win against NE. A game that meant nothing other than drop us from drafting 8 to drafting 13.

My preference is neither, but if Haskins if I am forced to choose.

I think he has a higher ceiling, but having not met either one, I don't believe I, or any other "fan" has enough information to make a qualified choice.

I'd be very happy with Haskins. No way he falls to 13, right???.......???

Bread basket passes all day long. He’s short on 2 deep but perfect placement with tight coverage on another 2. Watch him roll left. Watch the one brilliant scramble.

Highlights don’t tell the whole tale but...

Either @13 would be OK by me. Relative to our current roster
condition and new regime philosophy -- NO WAY I'd trade up
unless the asking price was 3 animal crackers.

Beyond that -- if 3 QBs get plucked in front of us -- well there's
going to be some highly rated DL/Edge on the board so what's
the question again?

Bottom line -- gimme

VALUE! VALUE! VALUE!

Either @13 would be OK by me. Relative to our current roster
condition and new regime philosophy -- NO WAY I'd trade up
unless the asking price was 3 animal crackers.

Beyond that -- if 3 QBs get plucked in front of us -- well there's
going to be some highly rated DL/Edge on the board so what's
the question again?

Bottom line -- gimme

VALUE! VALUE! VALUE!

No qb? Gimme picks picks picks

Whatever we do, I just hope they don't push it too much. I'd be ok giving up a say a 4 this year and a 6 next year to move up a few spot for a QB. I don't want to give up a 2nd or a 3rd. We need picks to build the team up.

Intelligence and awareness is a factor for this coaching staff. Which one of these QBs has the advantage?

Didn’t get to see either of them often last fall.

Assuming Kyler Murray goes number 1, who do you guys prefer out of Haskins vs Lock?

My choice would be Drew Lock. I was impressed with his athleticism from his pro day as opposed to Haskins who will struggle to create his own throwing lanes and seems like he has a propensity to gain weight.

Reports suggest Lock is extremely like-able and let's face it, you need your QB to be a locker room leader who players will gravitate toward. If the coaching staff is sold on him I wouldn't mind leap frogging the Broncos and trading up with Detroit to secure him.
Haskins for some odd reason reminds me of Jamarcus Russell. Not sure why, I think he just looks like him from a body type aspect. Jamarcus couldn't keep the weight off after he was drafted.

Back
Top Bottom