Drew Lock or Dwayne Haskins?

• Drew Lock

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Dwayne Haskins

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
I read that about Murray also and that would have me nervous. At anytime he could just check out and head over to MLB, no at much thinking required there. Does he have the passion to learn and get better after someone guarantees him a ton of cash? I dunno.....
The real concern I have is based on reports from some interviews when they showed him some defensive schemes which he could not identify them while Haskins and Lock had no problems. I think one GM dubbed Murray as a "reactionary QB" which will not be a success long term.

If I had the #1 pick I would pick Haskins. My number 2 choice is Lock and I put Murray at 3 of the three QBs. I know I am swimming against the consensus but in a few years down the road we will hear all about Murray not understanding defenses and not putting the work required in. He has a god given talent but if the reports from the interviews hold true he has no understanding of complex defenses and his off the field work ethic was questionable.

Neither QB will be available when we pick. So let's trade up and get me some Haskins.

My question is, how can you tell a player's work ethic from an interview? That is beyond ridiculous to me.

"Did you see that, coach. He couldn't make the reads. He must not put the work in."

Really? That's suspect to me. A kid that played 2 sports amazing enough to get drafted by both doesn't put the work in?

Let me tell you, if that's the case, he must be the greatest natural talent to come out of college. Hell, I'd be more impressed if what he put on tape is without putting the work in. Imagine what he could accomplish if he'd actually assert himself.

And understanding defenses can be taught. This why they have a film room. What he does on tape can't be taught.

I'm bias because I love the kid. But don't tell me how much effort he puts in on the practice field or in the weight room because you asked him some questions.

Some guys can just play, man. Did you know that when Lawrence Taylor didn't know/forgot his assignment he'd just blitz the QB? I saw that in an interview eons ago wherein he said so with a laugh. That will stick with me forever.

The proof is in the tape. Why else is he slated to go #1 at his size?

My question is, how can you tell a player's work ethic from an interview? That is beyond ridiculous to me.

"Did you see that, coach. He couldn't make the reads. He must not put the work in."

Really? That's suspect to me. A kid that played 2 sports amazing enough to get drafted by both doesn't put the work in?

Let me tell you, if that's the case, he must be the greatest natural talent to come out of college. Hell, I'd be more impressed if what he put on tape is without putting the work in. Imagine what he could accomplish if he'd actually assert himself.

And understanding defenses can be taught. This why they have a film room. What he does on tape can't be taught.

I'm bias because I love the kid. But don't tell me how much effort he puts in on the practice field or in the weight room because you asked him some questions.

Some guys can just play, man. Did you know that when Lawrence Taylor didn't know/forgot his assignment he'd just blitz the QB? I saw that in an interview eons ago wherein he said so with a laugh. That will stick with me forever.

The proof is in the tape. Why else is he slated to go #1 at his size?

The "work ethic" problems came from interviews from his college days. NFL FOs do interview the player's coaches, friends and family. Maybe not the GMs but those assigned to college scouting.

The "work ethic" problems came from interviews from his college days. NFL FOs do interview the player's coaches, friends and family. Maybe not the GMs but those assigned to college scouting.

The info came from Oklahoma coaches? Don't believe that for a second.

He's a bad at interview. He had a cringeworthy interview with Dan Patrick before the Super Bowl (if I remember correctly).

Watching the film I also noticed that, plus he takes too long to throw in many cases. He won't be afforded that kind of time in the NFL. Either he has to change that or he'll throw a ton of INT's and be on his back quite a bit.
I saw the same thing

The info came from Oklahoma coaches? Don't believe that for a second.

He's a bad at interview. He had a cringeworthy interview with Dan Patrick before the Super Bowl (if I remember correctly).
I don't know where the info comes from. The information was "sources close to the team". And you would be surprised how honest college coaches might be with NFL teams. You have to understand that some may end up looking for an NFL job. It would be counterproductive on their resume if they ever get caught lying or artificially inflating or deflating a player's ability.

There were a few links posted in another thread. On the run I could only find one:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...-following-performance-interviews-nfl-combine

I don't know where the info comes from. The information was "sources close to the team". And you would be surprised how honest college coaches might be with NFL teams. You have to understand that some may end up looking for an NFL job. It would be counterproductive on their resume if they ever get caught lying or artificially inflating or deflating a player's ability.

There were a few links posted in another thread. On the run I could only find one:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...-following-performance-interviews-nfl-combine

That makes sense. I'm still hesitant to believe it.

Drafted by two sports? That doesn't come without work. I could barely handle studying and playing in high-school. I came close to not having the gpa to be on the team several times. I cannot even imagine college.

Back
Top Bottom