DT Brian's "Price Tag" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT Brian's "Price Tag"

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFzw0VhV44

Just wanted to share the video I uploaded on Brian Price of UCLA onto YouTube.

He's such an interesting player, because if you took just the first 23 plays of the clip and the final 11 plays of the clip and said this is just over a three game span, you'd be absolutely drooling.

Unfortunately, the 26 plays of him going to ground in the middle is a damning bit of film.

It leaves you wanting to re-evaluate the plays that he made, or came close to making. There are questions.

1. Can he learn to aggressively penetrate off the snap without running risk of going to ground?

2. If not, how many of those GOOD plays were due to his overaggressive and unbalanced penetration/burst to the football?

This is Brian's "Price Tag" as I'm calling it. He makes those gaudy plays, but there is a price. His burst to the football is highly unbalanced and it's too easy to get him on the ground. He is not a controlled football player. It makes you wonder if, in order to get a good look at the guy we'll actually see in the pro game, I should just eliminate all of those clips where he shows the best burst off the snap, or the best burst off the football, because his pro coaches will only ask him to go 80% if his 100% means he goes to ground as often as he does.

Enjoy.

I think he has REALLY short arms... And that's going to be a huge problem in the NFL IMO. And I agree with him going down to easily. I'd prefer Dan Williams, or even Terrence Cody over Brian Price.

that's a good video ck...

what i see is good initial quickness and burst and power...but if he doesn't get the ballcarrier with his initial surge he seems to get a bit out of control and offbalance and easily either tossed to the ground or goes to the ground on his own...doesn't really breakdown...comes flying in and doesn't even get a hand on guys especially once they cross the los...

just looks out of control to me...but he packs a wallop if he can square you up...looks awfully short to me as well...

don't see a fit for us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFzw0VhV44

Just wanted to share the video I uploaded on Brian Price of UCLA onto YouTube.

He's such an interesting player, because if you took just the first 23 plays of the clip and the final 11 plays of the clip and said this is just over a three game span, you'd be absolutely drooling.

Unfortunately, the 26 plays of him going to ground in the middle is a damning bit of film.

It leaves you wanting to re-evaluate the plays that he made, or came close to making. There are questions.

1. Can he learn to aggressively penetrate off the snap without running risk of going to ground?

2. If not, how many of those GOOD plays were due to his overaggressive and unbalanced penetration/burst to the football?

This is Brian's "Price Tag" as I'm calling it. He makes those gaudy plays, but there is a price. His burst to the football is highly unbalanced and it's too easy to get him on the ground. He is not a controlled football player. It makes you wonder if, in order to get a good look at the guy we'll actually see in the pro game, I should just eliminate all of those clips where he shows the best burst off the snap, or the best burst off the football, because his pro coaches will only ask him to go 80% if his 100% means he goes to ground as often as he does.

Enjoy.
Good video. I'm not a big fan of Price though as a NT.

Ratliff is undersized as a NT and he excels at it. I was high on Price like 4 months ago and everybody bashed me for it, He's much better than Cody, Price can actually penetrate and make plays. People look too much into his height and arm length, put the tape on and see if he's good or not.

Ratliff is undersized as a NT and he excels at it. I was high on Price like 4 months ago and everybody bashed me for it, He's much better than Cody, Price can actually penetrate and make plays. People look too much into his height and arm length, put the tape on and see if he's good or not.

The issue is that it's a gamble as to whether or not he'll make the play....it he doesn't make it with his initial surge...he doesn't make it..

He doesn't work down the line of scrimmage, and certainly hasn't shown the ability to hold his ground at the POA and eat up two blockers like Dan Williams and Cody do....Price has a tendancy to be on the ground a LOT...

...but...being on the ground a lot is also one of the main concerns I had with Calais Campbell coming out of college....technique and discipline is something that can be coached...

I think Price can wreak havoc in a 1 gap system in the NFL right now playing the way he does.....but you better have some guys around him to clean up behind him...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom