DT K. Vickerson : "7th Round Turd".... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT K. Vickerson : "7th Round Turd"....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
FINS NOT HAPPY WITH VICKERSON

Word out of South Florida is that the Miami Dolphins are unhappy with seventh-round pick Kevin Vickerson, a defensive tackle from Michigan State.

Per a league source, Vickerson has missed and/or arrived late for multiple meetings during the offseason, causing the team to wonder whether it's gotten its teeth into a turd.

Miami's current view of Vickerson could affect his contract negotiations. Typically, low-round picks receive a signing bonus plus three years of minimum salaries. Don't be surprised if the Fins lowball Vickerson on the bonus portion of his package. If Vickerson balks, the team could, in theory, not sign him at all, allowing him to re-enter the draft pool in 2006.

Vickerson's behavior, and the team's reaction to it, makes their interest in USC defensive tackle Manuel Wright, who'll be taken in the July 14 supplemental draft by someone, even more understandable. The Fins already are thin at the D-tackle position, and if they've got questions about one of their 2005 rookies at the position, it's all the more reason to look for more bodies.

Vickerson didn't play for Miami coach Nick Saban at Michigan State. However, Vickerson started in his sophomore season under then-head coach Bobby Williams, who now is a member of the Nicktator's staff.

As a junior, Vickerson was benched by coach John L. Smith. Vickerson got back into the starting lineup as a senior.
=============================

Man, DT isn't looking too good right now. Saban and Mueller better put their heads together, and find some solid replacements for Bowens / Chester fast. I thought Vickerson was going to be a decent addition, but he sounds lazy, and uninterested in the rules being laid out for him. Too bad, I was hoping he would emerge....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Link ?

and 2nd i really would´nt have expected much impact from him anyways, he is a 7th rounder for a reason and i didn´t read anything about him being a steal that should have went earlier, he will have a hard time making the team anyways

thanx for the info dude, ive been lookin for info about this guy for a while now. Not what i was expecting to hear but good to know nontheless.

thanx

How many times do 7th rounders turn into starters? Now if we shelled a 1st-3rd on him, I might actually care.

Over the past years, I cant think of a single 7th rounder that started for us... Im gonna haveto look it up and see if there actually were any over the past decade.

when PFT says a league source... take it with a grain of salt. Now I have noticed on PFT when they say a team source..it has some weight to it. That isn't to say what they are telling you is false...it just might not be as truthful as the story implies.

When the word "turd" is used, you can usually be sure that it's PFT.

Philter25 said:
How many times do 7th rounders turn into starters? Now if we shelled a 1st-3rd on him, I might actually care.

Over the past years, I cant think of a single 7th rounder that started for us... Im gonna haveto look it up and see if there actually were any over the past decade.

Derrick Pope started some games last year, and he was a 7th round pick.

The great JB Brown was a 12th round pick (shortly before the draft was cut to 7 rounds). He sucked, but hey, what do you want from a guy chosen at the end of the draft?

You can't expect every draft pick to be starters...he was just a 7th rounder...no big deal....would've been nice if he was good enough for rotation....oh well....

phunwin said:
LOL...isn't that the truth!!!!

Pluuease..... 7th round pick ..... if the guy doesn't get it..... so long .... stats say that less than 53% of players drafted make an impact on a team.... this Vickerson this is no big deal.....

If you are to believe the rumors....

phunwin said:
:lol: Its funny, cause its true.

phunwin said:
Derrick Pope started some games last year, and he was a 7th round pick.

The great JB Brown was a 12th round pick (shortly before the draft was cut to 7 rounds). He sucked, but hey, what do you want from a guy chosen at the end of the draft?

Good call on Pope.... so we have had one guy actually start a game for us in the past 10 years that we drafted in the 7th round. That pretty much sums it up.

Philter25 said:

Its probably one of the reasons why he is a 7th rounder.Doesnt bode well for our new DC.First recommendation and the guy looks like a loser.

CrunchTime said:
Its probably one of the reasons why he is a 7th rounder.Doesnt bode well for our new DC.First recommendation and the guy looks like a loser.

• That's a little harsh don't you think.... and unfounded as well. Any reason to believe Vickerson was his "first recommendation"?
  • The draft is a "crap shoot" with the best in football only getting a 56% return on their picks.
  • This is way overblown and the source is suspect as well.

Back
Top Bottom