DT L. Chester : What's The Story??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT L. Chester : What's The Story???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I know many fans on here, including myself were excited when we first heard, or read positive things about LC, but I'm wondering what THE TRUE STORY IS......

Here's what I know:

He played at Carolina {quite possibly the leagues worst DL last year}, and broke his leg during the season.....

He's very strong {benches over 600lbs}, and he's a big guy listed at 6-2 310lbs.

Other than that, I really know next to nothing about him.

I assume he's a run stuffer first, and a penetration DT last.

My main concerns are his health. I haven't seen him on the field yet, and I have yet to hear anything positive regarding him as a Phinz player.....

We were obviously very interested in signing him by the way we pursued him at the start of FA. We didn't even really wait to see if any other DT would become available......

Is he really that good, or were we just worried that nobody else with solid skills at DT would become available???....

I guess we'll find out more about him soon enough.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

From what I understand, he was consistently double teamed before the injury and is a monster in the middle. If healthy, he should easily be able to replace DG as both of them fit that "gladiator"/workout warrior mold. I'm looking forward to him blowing the Jet O-linemen out of their shoes!
:jumper:

On my madden2002 game he was 54 overall..........Not good,not good at all......

Originally posted by WCoastFin
On my madden2002 game he was 54 overall..........Not good,not good at all......

They have Chambers as 67 on that game.

The game doesn't even have Tom Brady. In fact, according to this game, Deion Sanders still plays for the Redskins. I wouldn't trust their ratings too much......

Chester is also a young guy who is just realizing his potential. He was just trying to get by on brute strength his first few years in the league and is now learning to use his hands and get a push into backfield as well as learning to occupy blockers and gain seperation to get a tackle.

You haven't heard alot about him because his leg is just now healing and they're going slow with him to make sure he is fully recovered and able to play the whole season.(Unlike the man he's replacing)

Originally posted by Phinstd
Chester is also a young guy who is just realizing his potential. He was just trying to get by on brute strength his first few years in the league and is now learning to use his hands and get a push into backfield as well as learning to occupy blockers and gain seperation to get a tackle.

You haven't heard alot about him because his leg is just now healing and they're going slow with him to make sure he is fully recovered and able to play the whole season.(Unlike the man he's replacing)

You also haven't heard much from him because he was on the pathetic Panthers. Sometimes good players get overshadowed when they're playing for bad teams. Let's see what he can do now that he's on a SB calibre team; this is the true test.

I'm overall confused though because the Panthers DL has been called by a lot of people possibly the worst DL in the NFL...yet we've just signed both Larry Chester and Jay Williams, two of the guys starting on that DL, and one of the other guys on the DL was Sean Gilbert who though SOMETIMES overrated, is actually quite good...

So is the 4th guy THAT bad? Have we made a big mistake? Or was the Panther DL severely underrated due to p!ss poor linebackers and a bad defensive scheme?

I know that their secondary was terrible. As evidence of that they signed Terry Cousin as their starter to "upgrade" the pass defense. I'm not bashing Cousin but the guy is not starting caliber in the NFL. I believe they only have one good LB over there - Dan Morgan - and the rest of the squad is pretty much crap. Their line was the strength of what amounted to a an overall bad defense.

Im reserving all judgement on both these guys till we see them play in a game !!! This is all too much conjecture ....Im willing to give any body a shot to come in here shut their mouths and get the job done all year long!!!!!!!Im not sure that there was any better talent out there for our price level... although I would love to see sam adams in here as part of the rotation ..again at the right price.

Agreed. But the youth of Chester is definitely something we looked at as Bowens doesn' have a whole lot of time left in those knees.

If you go out and buy a Sam Adams, two year pro bowler as he is, you do not rotate him. He plays all run downs. Tim Bowens rotates out to Larry Chester.

Back
Top Bottom