Dt/nt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dt/nt

crowder_rules

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let's get younger along the D-Line. Holliday is old and might not be back. I don't think Traylor has anything any left. Manuel Wright needs to drop weight and play DE. But he is not ready. Neither is Vickerson nor Roth. And Zgonina should retire. So, the Patriots and Steelers DE's average about 305-310. And their NT about 320-335 depending on the time of day. We need a Nose tackle to stop the run. The first eight games we were like 12th versus the run, then we dropped down to like 22nd. Here are some options:

Ryan Pickett NTUFA6-23105Rams
Kenderick AllenDTRFA6-63153NY GiantsGrady Jackson
DTUFA6-23459Packers
Maake Kemoeatu
DTUFA6-53504Ravens

These are all moderately priced free agents. The top two are more de's. Allen went to LSU. The bottom two are both massive nose tackles. Remember Saban wants moderately priced guys that are role players.

crowder_rules said:
Let's get younger along the D-Line. Holliday is old and might not be back. I don't think Traylor has anything any left. Manuel Wright needs to drop weight and play DE. But he is not ready. Neither is Vickerson nor Roth. And Zgonina should retire. So, the Patriots and Steelers DE's average about 305-310. And their NT about 320-335 depending on the time of day. We need a Nose tackle to stop the run. The first eight games we were like 12th versus the run, then we dropped down to like 22nd. Here are some options:

Ryan Pickett NTUFA6-23105Rams
Kenderick AllenDTRFA6-63153NY GiantsGrady Jackson
DTUFA6-23459Packers
Maake Kemoeatu
DTUFA6-53504Ravens

These are all moderately priced free agents. The top two are more de's. Allen went to LSU. The bottom two are both massive nose tackles. Remember Saban wants moderately priced guys that are role players.
i agree somewhat. but i think there are other points that should be dealt with 1st

Defensive tackle is a bigger concern than most Dolphin fans realize. The only guy currently on the roster that is a 3-4 guy is Traylor and he is 37. For Saban to run his type of defense that position needs to be strong. I agree Miami needs to bring in a DT/NT, but I think they should look to the draft. I'd spend the majority of free agent money on improving the offensive line and maybe quarterback if Brees becomes available and the Dolphins don't have to give up picks. The best fit at DT in the draft would be Gabe Watson from Michigan, who I think could go low first round. Stanford also has a player whose name escapes me that would be a nice fit as a 3-4 NT (2nd/3rd rounder). Haloti Nagati (sp) as well, but he might go top 10.

I think a true NT is the top priority for this team. Followed closely by O-Line. We have plenty of guys who can play DT in a 4-3 set. Wright and Holliday both and fill this need and Vickerson is also depth for DT. Traylor is the only guy we got that is a NT. Zgonina was our 3rd down NT for his pass rushing skills and give Traylor some rest.

We need to draft a NT. Gabe Watson and Brodrick Bunkley are the best choices for this need in the first round. We might look to later rounds for this need and either have Traylor play one more year or get on of the guys mentioned earlier in FA. I like Maake Kemoeatu from the Ravens. Grady Jackson is a monster but he plays in a 4-3 at Greenbay.

relax the dt from texas is big like 6-5 and will be available with our 2nd or even 3rd pick, sorry i forgot his name but he is good go back and look at the tap of him vs. usc he is way good...also i find it funny how nobody comments on this one but everyone comments on the qb issue. i am a true fin fan and see all the needs of the fins and willl give my opinion not just about the qb....also i trust saban and as good as he drafted last year he deserves it

PublixSubsRule said:
relax the dt from texas is big like 6-5 and will be available with our 2nd or even 3rd pick, sorry i forgot his name but he is good go back and look at the tap of him vs. usc he is way good...
rod wright? he was awful in the rose bowl.

There're a few good Dt's in this draft and I'm pretty sure Nick will take one unless he gets one in free agency.

Ozzy rules!!

Very few NT/DT's past the age of 29 are worth any more then a vet-minimum incentive laden contract.

Back
Top Bottom