DT then OL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT then OL

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
Neto, the guy from Brazil, arrived as a DT and now is a guard. What is the skill set difference that has the coaches make the switch.?

It means he sucked at DT after years of development and that they are trying to salvage him in any way possible. I dont see this guy on active roster in 2 years.

Hopefully I am wrong but probability is on my side.

It means he sucked at DT after years of development and that they are trying to salvage him in any way possible. I dont see this guy on active roster in 2 years.

Hopefully I am wrong but probability is on my side.

After years of development??? Isn't he the kid from Brazil that Miami brought in last year who went to the IMG acamdamy for a few months after just starting playing the game a few years ago? I think he has less overall playing experience than a high school jr. I could be wrong, but I thought he moved to the offensive side last year and played there some in preseason? I'm not sure he was on the defensive side very long, maybe a few ota sessions. I'm just not getting all the years of development part seeing he's only been with the team for a year.

Last edited:
Neto, the guy from Brazil, arrived as a DT and now is a guard. What is the skill set difference that has the coaches make the switch.?
DT is a read and react position. OG is more of a "this is your assignment, execute".

In any case, extreme longshot to ever play meaningful snaps, regardless of position.

The way the program is set up, it doesn't cost a PS spot, though, so it really doesn't matter.

I think he was placed at DT because he is a massive man (6’4” 324lbs). Perhaps his skill set leaned towards the offensive side, so they moved him to OG. Guys who have almost no Football experience tend to move around before they find their natural position.

By “years of development” I assume you mean 10 months?

5/6 of year in development. Lol. My point wasn't the length of his development, more that it seems they are trying new things because his development seems like it didn't really go as planned.

Like I said before, hope I am wrong and he is our future pro bowl LT but dont hold your breaths.

I mean it's a cool initiative from the NFL to find talent outside of the US but to expect anything from this kid is definitely a bit much.

DT is a read and react position. OG is more of a "this is your assignment, execute".

In any case, extreme longshot to ever play meaningful snaps, regardless of position.

The way the program is set up, it doesn't cost a PS spot, though, so it really doesn't matter.
Ty. A nice responce. Elaborate on skill differences?

Back
Top Bottom