Duke Johnson to the Bills. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Duke Johnson to the Bills.

You Guys all forget our Future HOF Doaks? Maybe He have his First legendary season coming.
surprise threaten GIF

Leave it to Grier and the Dolphins to take what little positive PR they had coming out of last season and flush it down the toilet. Local guy comes in, runs tough and with effort behind a slipshod OL, and what do they do......they let him go sign with not just any team, but a division rival!

Look, Duke was not going to become an All-Pro or even start more than likely, however, he is a solid backup and 3rd down running back. It just seems like this FO gets off on annoying the fanbase at times and there is no accountability as Ross doesn't do anything.

Regular fans care more about regular players more than some of us. That’s why you have threads started proclaiming guys like Duke Johnson and Mack Hollins are must keep players. That gets annoying every year we have people with emotional attachments to JAGs.

It’s annoying, I want my team to do better.

I am not a respected insider, I’m a respected outsider. I put in a lot of time and effort into my posts. I waste as much time researching things that won’t benefit me one bit, as anyone who gets paid to cover the NFL. I’m proud of that.

I’m not the best Dolphin on this board. I’m not the most knowledgeable either but I am always open to constructive criticism.

Im a ****y MoFo, but believe me, I’ve earned the right. Im wrong from time to time, never mind it either. Makes me a better poster.

@Mach2 corrects me all the time and puts me in my place when im too ****y, as do others. But my posts aren’t mindless wastes of text. My words have meaning. Maybe not to everybody but I certainly put as much thought into what I say as anyone.

Like right now for instance, pulled over in my car while late for an appointment because it’s important to me to reply to you.

I criticize “some people” because I don’t actually like criticizing specific posters.
I don't think anyone who thinks letting go of Mack Hollins and Duke Johnson was a mistake is saying that because they think either are "difference makers". There is more to a team than the 22 starters. It is important to have role players - in this case, special teamers and 3rd down backs - who can be quite effective and even win some games with their effort.

These type of players are not so easy to replace and they are examples to other teammates of what effort and determination can bring on the football field - even those more talented players. It just gets so old seeing these type of players get dropped seemingly early by the Dolphins and go on to have solid careers elsewhere and win championships. A couple that come to mind are Larry Izzo and Wes Welker.

Didn't really want to resign him - I still think we are going to add a RB in the draft and we already have Edmonds/Mostert in Duke's role, but I definitely did not want to see him go to Buffalo

McDanial probly looked at his past history as a running back and he just didn't fit. I think that we were just happy too see a guy run over 5 yards at a time we got excited

He was definitely our best back but that’s not saying much. He had a couple really nice games and ran hard but I never thought he looked fast or had any juice. He ran with strength and made plays, but he always looked slow (to me). Based on what you’ve all shared about the running back type that fits this offense, someone like Salvon Ahmed is a better fit than Duke Johnson was.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’m not upset he didn’t get resigned because it means we have improved the room.

Being the best RB in the NFL’s worst RB room was not an impressive feat.

Nope, I don't like it. But I mean if our new coach needs the right guys in his system and Duke wasn't it guess he was going somewhere. NE or BUF of course. Maybe the days of such concerns are over.....

There wasn't a running back on the roster that wasn't replicable however Duke did more in 4 games than any other back on the roster:

312 yards / 67 rushes / 4.65 ypc / 3 TD and two 100+ yard games. He will bring physical running to Buffalo if they can get their run blocking squared away.

It's not so much how many yards he got, or how high his average yards per carry was, what put him at a need to re-sign now point was how he got most of those yards.

Duke was not very tall, or very big, but Duke took on tacklers, and kept on going.

Tough running for 4, 5, or 6 yards consistently sometimes can be as important as 10 - 20 yard spurts.

Leave it to Grier and the Dolphins to take what little positive PR they had coming out of last season and flush it down the toilet. Local guy comes in, runs tough and with effort behind a slipshod OL, and what do they do......they let him go sign with not just any team, but a division rival!

Look, Duke was not going to become an All-Pro or even start more than likely, however, he is a solid backup and 3rd down running back. It just seems like this FO gets off on annoying the fanbase at times and there is no accountability as Ross doesn't do anything.
Obviously, Micky D didn't feel Johnson had a place on this team, especially after getting Mostert and Edmonds.

Back
Top Bottom