Duke Johnson... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Duke Johnson...

7rds of 32 teams = 224p

20rds of 14 teams = 280player

I neither support nor deny any theory in this conversation, simply explaining the question you’re asking (I just grabbed random numbers, not sure how many teams or rounds used to be).
But that would still be more players for less than half the teams.

There's a ton of factors here though, not the least of which is the amount of work put into scouting. Completely different universes there.

The best way to settle this is to simply pick a year and scroll through round 7 of that draft. How many names u recognize?

But that would still be more players for less than half the teams.

There's a ton of factors here though, not the least of which is the amount of work put into scouting. Completely different universes there.

The best way to settle this is to simply pick a year and scroll through round 7 of that draft. How many names u recognize?
Lol......the best (and easiest) way is look at the statistics you provided.

The 6+ percent was actually a bit higher than I expected.

Thanks for the positional breakdown.

oMeh, to me a 7th rounder is a dart throw in the dark. The guys that don't make it far outnumber those who do.
I’m a big time Huskies fan and I glad we took a chance on Gaskins. But I never thought he would be the starter here. He’s got great vision and is quick but not fast. So I thought he was destined to be a 3rd down back if that.

I’m a big time Huskies fan and I glad we took a chance on Gaskins. But I never thought he would be the starter here. He’s got great vision and is quick but not fast. So I thought he was destined to be a 3rd down back if that.
That probably is his best role. His size limits what he can do in power running situations.

That probably is his best role. His size limits what he can do in power running situations.
Yep 10 to 12 touches a game is ideal in my thinking. Even though he was a four year starter for the Huskies he had a couple of years where he was nicked up most of the year.

Yep 10 to 12 touches a game is ideal in my thinking. Even though he was a four year starter for the Huskies he had a couple of years where he was nicked up most of the year.
Knicked maybe, but you don't consistently put up those stats for four years being injury prone.

He is what he is, a good smallish back, without elite top speed.

If it were a track meet, rather than football, it would matter more.

What?

I'm not following the logic there.

Please elaborate.
The draft was 20 rounds long but there were only 10 teams. 20 x 10 = 200 players selected. 7 round draft with 32 teams. 7 x 32 = 224 players selected. 7th round = to the 20th round.

AQUA & ORANGE

What's wrong with me...??

Remember El Duque (NOT Marlins) at the U...?

@TheRevoltingBlob

So basically, you dont have an opinion, but you have twitter quotes? Roger that.
I posted a Twitter link with data that provided additional perspective.

But my opinion has been very clear. It is not reasonable to EXPECT production (especially to the point you'll be pissed if u don't get it) from a 7th rounder.

...see, an opinion. No Twitter needed. But the same damn sentiment I've been posting.

I also posted a study that wasn't from Twitter earlier. How am I supposed to respond to an opinion that doesn't comport with reality without using actual information?

Last edited:
I have said it before, and I will say it again...Don't sleep or underestimate Gerrid Doaks as our eventual grind it out powerback.

May not be happening right away, but by mid-season I would not be surprised if he did not start getting more and more chances to show what he can do.
Agree. He is hungry.
That motivation will move the chains. I called him the player to watch after the draft. I think he will surprise.

Back
Top Bottom