Duke University research... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Duke University research...

As an economist, this makes me wish I had written it. I did some research for a professor of mine back in the 80's on Baseball on a similar item. I read the media report on this several days ago. Thanks for the link.

What have we come to....a guy writing his thesis on the impact of players drafted in the NFL? I hope they reject this guy and make him do something useful before giving him a degree. You would think Duke would be embarrased to put something like that in their archives.

I don't read anything from a Duke website.

thedayafter said:
what the hell?? Do you require attention? This is the second post in the past hour of yours that I have seen you "bump". The fact you have done it after just a short period of time each instance is even more annoying.

So you posted something and people didn't find it that interesting enough to warrant a reply. Move on

LOL @ byroan's laundry list of game score titles under his username!

I'm currently going to grad school for Business Administration, and Economics is one thing that I've never really understood...until now. Finally something I can relate to to help me learn. Thanks for this article.

Schleprock said:
what the hell?? Do you require attention? This is the second post in the past hour of yours that I have seen you "bump". The fact you have done it after just a short period of time each instance is even more annoying.

So you posted something and people didn't find it that interesting enough to warrant a reply. Move on

LOL @ byroan's laundry list of game score titles under his username!

Hey pal... if you don't like it don't read it... simple as that....

What does "bump" mean, exactly? Is it an attempt to boost an article to the front? Just curious.

Da 'Fins said:
What does "bump" mean, exactly? Is it an attempt to boost an article to the front? Just curious.

Actually I didn't know anything about it until some "vets"... guys with over 2,000 posts said it should be done for "articles of interest'... I respect the board and would not "bump" for the sake of posting.... but this article was decidedly different and so I bumped it....

Da 'Fins said:

Yes. It's hardly used on this site though. Most topics that are interesting stay on the top or someone creates a new thread on it.

saves said:
Yes. It's hardly used on this site though. Most topics that are interesting stay on the top or someone creates a new thread on it.
yes, thank you. And this topic is not of urgent need.

It's kind of like Crying Wolf ...when there's no wolf.

thedayafter said:
Actually I didn't know anything about it until some "vets"... guys with over 2,000 posts said it should be done for "articles of interest'... I respect the board and would not "bump" for the sake of posting.... but this article was decidedly different and so I bumped it....

So when you "bump" an article that's a good thing right?

Schleprock said:
yes, thank you. And this topic is not of urgent need.

It's kind of like Crying Wolf ...when there's no wolf.

Urgent need.... as if.... who are you to set criteria.... you're probably too lazy to even read the review.... careful... you might actually learn something...

Check the posts... most support the thread....

Back
Top Bottom