Durval Queirox Neto | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Durval Queirox Neto

pyuXie3.gif

My read is that the NFL is attempting to create international demand for the game and generate additional TV revenue from all over the world. By providing greater opportunity for potential players from other countries to learn the game at a high level this is a low cost, low risk attempt to spark interest in the game. As such, Durval Queirix Neto is an experiment. As an elite judo guy, he is probably skilled in tossing opponents to the ground. It will be interesting to see if he can fully incorporate this skill into football. He may also be able to teach his Dolphin teammates some cool judo moves. I'd like to see Neto get some playing time in the preseason games to see how the experiment is progressing.

He played at my hometown Brazilian team before landing at Miami.
He’s so phisically gifted the whispers are he’s agent paid for him to play here (because we’re hands down the best team) for 6 months before the nfl try out which was obviously successful, as het got picked by the Phins

He played at my hometown Brazilian team before landing at Miami.
He’s so phisically gifted the whispers are he’s agent paid for him to play here (because we’re hands down the best team) for 6 months before the nfl try out which was obviously successful, as het got picked by the Phins
Someone posted a video of him playing football in Brazil and he looked like a giant amongst middle schoolers- it was bizarre. He was all over the place tackling everyone in sight.

Someone posted a video of him playing football in Brazil and he looked like a giant amongst middle schoolers- it was bizarre. He was all over the place tackling everyone in sight.

Indeed, as football is pretty much amateur here.
Idk if he has great football technique or IQ, but he has instincts and the phisycals. And its said to be a good guy.
I think he played football abroad then he got paid to play here for a while just to keep his shape.
I hope he makes at least PS.

If the teams were able to have the type of off-season strength and conditioning programs, he would have had a decent chance. Unfortunately they were not able to have that this off season. So without access to the strength coaches and the DL coach he probably won't make it.

No worries at all. Judo is akin to wrestling...... a lot of similarities. So as a DT, he should have a great grasp of leverage.

Yes, Judo work more with using leverage to your advantage, which is amazing more Linemene did not at least work with Judo or wresting to sharpen their leverage against the opponent.

I worked out against a Judo expert when I 1st got into Martial Arts as a teen, it's the real deal, they get their hands on you...they own you.

Neto is still very intriguing to me.

Back
Top Bottom