DVP Elite? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DVP Elite?

Consistency and staying healthy is going to be key with Parker.
2019 was Parkers only full season in 5 years.
Most of Parkers 1200 yards receiving came at the back end of the season and most came in 5 or 6 games.

He got the monkey off his back last year.

he’s much more than a jump ball guy. And oh yeah he’s got a QB now

mike gesicki - Jump ball guy
DVP - elite talent

Needs 2 more years of last years play to be considered elite. Last year’s play: Top 5 in receiving yards and touchdowns.

Proud of the season he had, but as we all know - he needs to be healthy.

...c'mon guys DVP was pretty effing ELITE last year!

Like what have you done for me lately!

Well DVP got 'er done!

I think the kid is still ascending!

Nutrition + mental tuffness (coaching) helped him immensely.

He's an emerging MONSTER and his confidence IMO has always

been the core issue. Good news is he appreciates Miami sticking with him

and the kid is a very underrated TEAM player. He loves it!

My opinion. Of course.

He'll probably never be an elite WR, to me elite is being one of 3-5 best at your position and to get there you need to produce for at least 2-3 years. Who know's if he'll build upon last year or be the next Braylon Edwards.

He'll probably never be an elite WR, to me elite is being one of 3-5 best at your position and to get there you need to produce for at least 2-3 years. Who know's if he'll build upon last year or be the next Braylon Edwards.
He is definitely more Braylon Edwards than he is AJ green.

Most of Parkers 1200 yards receiving came at the back end of the season and most came in 5 or 6 games.
Those games where we went 5-4 down the stretch, you mean.
I admit he'd been a disappointment until last year and I still think Gase screwed him in '18. You can only go a year at a time, but last year was pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Elite players put a resume of high end output, consistently in the books.

Miami right now has zero such players including peoples misguided thoughts on this WR corp.

The thing is a lot of the deep balls last season were jump balls or 50/50 type passes, not situation where Parker was just blazing aaway from deep coverage. I'm not sure how Tua is at throwning those type of passes, most of the clips you see from Alabama have Smith, Jeudy and Ruggs running open past defenders.

NOPE, however, he did improve last year.

We do not need Elite, we need solid, that is why it is called a team sport.

I was always a DeVante Parker fan. The only thing holding him back was always the constant injuries. I gave up on him the year he finally conquered that and showed his ability, LOL, my timing sucks! But if healthy, he's a beast. Just for reference, in the 2015 Draft he was taken #14. Here are a few of the other notable 1st round picks we should keep in mind when looking at DVP.

7Chicago BearsKevin WhiteWRWest Virginia
9New York GiantsEreck Flowers (our new OG)OT (complete flop at OT)Miami (FL)
14Miami DolphinsDeVante ParkerWRLouisville
20Philadelphia EaglesNelson AgholorWRUSC
27Dallas CowboysByron Jones (our new stud CB)CBConnecticut
29Indianapolis ColtsPhilip DorsettWRMiami (FL)

Parker was the best WR, and overall for that draft was a good pick. We obtained two other guys from that draft, Byron Jones our new elite CB, and Ereck Flowers who up until last year had been a bust, but who when moved to OG, he did fairly well. Let's hope that we are not forced to shift him out to OT, and that he continues to do decently at OG. Byron Jones was the gem of that draft class, and while he was a bit of an athletic marvel and boom or bust prospect, has panned out tremendously well.

As far as DeVante Parker is concerned, our investment eventually paid off. The draft is always seen as a load of future stars. It isn't always loaded with talent. Sifting through the great athletes and collegiate stars to find the good NFL players is a very inexact science. I'm not sure we should be asking whether Parker is elite. I think we should be appreciating the fact that we selected the best WR in that draft class, and he is excelling. That seems to be pretty well regarded as a consensus at this point, and I'm dang glad to see it.

Back
Top Bottom