DVP Elite? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DVP Elite?

Injuries have really held him back more than anything

If he can stays healthy he has the talent and potential to be in the top 5 which to me is elite

Potential but not there yet
His last 10 or so games, he performed at an elite level. That's not really arguable.

To me, he has to do it consistently over the course of a couple seasons to be considered a top receiver.

They were running through NE's schedule today on WEEI and he came up. They talked about how badly he schooled Gilmore last year in Foxboro. They still think they get us in week 1 at home but conceded the game in Miami. They rarely sweep us, can't see why anyone would predict that but was still impressed the NE guys picked a split.

One guy had them at 6-10 the other at 7-9, intriguing season ahead in Foxboro.

They were running through NE's schedule today on WEEI and he came up. They talked about how badly he schooled Gilmore last year in Foxboro. They still think they get us in week 1 at home but conceded the game in Miami. They rarely sweep us, can't see why anyone would predict that but was still impressed the NE guys picked a split.

One guy had them at 6-10 the other at 7-9, intriguing season ahead in Foxboro.

Uncharted territory for them for sure.

I can't wait.

The thing is a lot of the deep balls last season were jump balls or 50/50 type passes, not situation where Parker was just blazing aaway from deep coverage. I'm not sure how Tua is at throwning those type of passes, most of the clips you see from Alabama have Smith, Jeudy and Ruggs running open past defenders.

Thing is -- IMO -- in the league today beating a CB vertically downfield

is just as viable as beating a CB horizontally! The so called "50/50" is

therefore just a reference to a +% deep ball that matches your

ball attacker (again thinking vertical) against the opposing CB

who is "vertically challenged" (i.e., the dude is short comparatively)!

DVP is a full spectrum threat -- short slants, outs, classic deep ball

and modem deep 50/50 ball. Point is -- dude attacks the field in ALL

dimensions! I'm like OK with that!

BNF

Need to see a repeat of 2019 and will be considered elite. Potential top 10 WR

His increase in production last year reminded me of the year Sidney Rice had after Brett Favre came to Minnesota. Hopefully it will last more than just 1 year for DVP thpugh

IMHO.....before last season, his production (or lack thereof) had a lot to do with, not only injury but scheme. DVP's strength has always been stretching the field and winning 50/50 balls. We saw flashes of it during his rookie season but then they went away from it. When Gase took over, the way he was being used changed, especially during Gase's last season with the Fins. I don't know about anyone else, but I was sick and tired of seeing DVP's number being called for bubble screens and short slants, THAT'S NOT HIS GAME!. That had a lot to do with his pedestrian YPC. With his talent, his YPC should never drop below 15 ypc. Last year was the first year his true skill set was being used to it's maximum potential...FINALLY. I'm a little concern about how he will be used this year because we have a new OC, I just hope he is used they same way as last year, let him stretch the field and throw him the jump ball.

Thing is -- IMO -- in the league today beating a CB vertically downfield

is just as viable as beating a CB horizontally! The so called "50/50" is

therefore just a reference to a +% deep ball that matches your

ball attacker (again thinking vertical) against the opposing CB

who is "vertically challenged" (i.e., the dude is short comparatively)!

DVP is a full spectrum threat -- short slants, outs, classic deep ball

and modem deep 50/50 ball. Point is -- dude attacks the field in ALL

dimensions! I'm like OK with that!

BNF
Yes he can indeed get open.

But I believe the point being made was that Tua more so throws deep to guys who are open, not so much contested throws. Not saying that is always the case but just a thing to think about

Maybe Tua sees some film of Parker last year and just gets the confidence in him to throw it up

But I believe the point being made was that Tua more so throws deep to guys who are open, not so much contested throws. Not saying that is always the case but just a thing to think about

Maybe Tua sees some film of Parker last year and just gets the confidence in him to throw it up

....also he can watch and learn from the sideline how Fitz uses DVP.

IMO no reason to doubt the kids ability to throw tall balls if indeed his accuracy is that good.

Key point is placing the ball where your receiver can grab the pig!

I tend to think he's OK with that...

Please stop... Just stop comparing a stacked college team to the NFL.

I'm rooting for Tua to be a perennial pro bowler, but stop trying to project the collegiate game to the NFL. Guy hasn't played a snap yet.

I'm rooting for Tua to be a perennial pro bowler, but stop trying to project the collegiate game to the NFL. Guy hasn't played a snap yet.
....stop... talking about the kind of throws he used to make in college? Okayyy then. Maybe he is more apt to throwing it to the open man rather than 1v1 tight battles. Nothing wrong with that. He makes (made, okay, in college) killer reads.

Chill out

lol just lol

that's literally what the whole ****ing draft is all about

lol just lol

that's literally what the whole ****ing draft is all about
I think you are taking my comment out of context, as it relates to the post to which I was responding, and specifically the QB position.

I probably didn't state my meaning all that well.

All I was saying is that just because Tua had tendancies towards certain throws in college, does not mean that his NFL career will mirror that.

Windows are smaller, defenses are better, the coaches may ask different things of him, etc.

Back
Top Bottom