DVP trade: 2022 or 2023 5th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DVP trade: 2022 or 2023 5th

madridfinfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys! I’ve seen conflicting information and reports regarding the DVP trade. Can anyone confirm whether it was a 2022 or 2023 5th that we sent over? Not that they’re by any means an official source, but of the mock draft simulators seem to agree that it was the 2022 5th. Thanks!

I dunno but it would be nice to have another pick this year.

2022 5th:
PFN:

Bleacher Report:

NFL

2023 5th:
Sports Illustrated:

Rappaport: https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.spo...-parker-from-dolphins-for-draft-picks/sn-amp/

At first there were reports that said both but it appears it was the 2022 pick.

Ok. Would have been nice to have had that 5th rounded this year. But it should come in handy next year as we traded away our 4th and 6th.

Ian Rapoport saying it’s a ‘23 right? He should know. He works for the league.

Based on everything I can find Miami traded a 4th in 22.

It was reported by some that it was a 23 4th rounder but most of the news outfits say 22.

Another certified loser trade by Grier in terms of value. Obviously the word is out Grier has no clue about time value and accepts deferred comp at present value. Helps the fan base seems clueless on this transaction technique as well. A gift for Belicheat no less...

If you go by the corollary that a 3rd next year is equal to a 4th in this draft then Miami traded Parker and a 5th for a 4th.

I am not sure that I agree with the idea that future picks should be devalued by one round but that seems to be the feeling of at least some NFL teams based on past trade compensation.

If you agree with the principle then Miami used Parker to move up one round in the draft, which is not much value but it does show you what offers were out there for him.I assume the Fins took the best offer they could get, especially considering they sent him to a division rival.

And argument could be made that they would have been better off keeping him and waiting for a team to suffer a WR injury in camp that could have increased his market value. Or just keep him on the roster.

But calling him a "gift" is a bit much.

I am sure I would have a hard time finding positive posts about Parker from you before the trade and now he is "A gift for Belicheat"?

8aa13adb0ffc52ac563ea4cec680e2d5.jpeg

If you go by the corollary that a 3rd next year is equal to a 4th in this draft then Miami traded Parker and a 5th for a 4th.

I am not sure that I agree with the idea that future picks should be devalued by one round but that seems to be the feeling of at least some NFL teams based on past trade compensation.

I see that devalue philosophy as nonsense.

For example, what IF next years draft is better or deeper? What if it’s better or deeper at positions of higher value or positions of extreme need??

Not all drafts classes are equal.

For example, what IF next years draft is better or deeper? What if it’s better or deeper at positions of higher value or positions of extreme need??

You also have to factor in your salary cap situation. I agree with you. Devalue philosophy is nonsense. It’s another one of those cliches that keeps getting repeated over and over and just isn’t true.

I believe the pick is next year, not this year. Isn’t there anything official from the NFL to verify this?

We gave up a 5th this year for the patriot 3 rd next year

I agree but I think there is some feeling in that direction around the league. If you look at trades of future picks the "2nd rounder next year for a 3rd rounder this year" math usually adds up.

And next year is supposed to be a stronger Draft.

Back
Top Bottom