Dwayne Allen Analytics And Film Study (locked On Dolphins) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwayne Allen Analytics And Film Study (locked On Dolphins)

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'm gonna be diving in deep to all these signings, and what better way to start than when I'm sitting on my couch with nothing to do.

I looked at Dwayne Allen's snap count workload (run vs pass), some of his technique in the running game (videos), and showed the whopping four pass targets he had in the passing game.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/free-agent-signing-analysis-tight-end-dwayne-allen/
Thanks for posting. For that money and as good a blocker as he is I'm ok with they getting him here.

45th best run blocking TE ... down from 8th the year prior. This just keeps getting better and better. :bobdole:

I admit to laughing out loud a bit at the clip of Charles Harris getting destroyed.

My question is are we really gonna carry 4 tight ends

Doubt it if we carry 5 WRs

If we only carry 3 then O'leary would be the odd man out I'd think but no need to worry about that right now. Lot of things can happen. Look at Gray last year getting hurt before he even play a pre season game.

I think we will have 4 TEs on the roster. Gesicki, Allen, Smythe and O'Leary with Gray and Derby departing. I expect that Flores and O'Shea know precisely what they are getting in Dwayne Allen. We have added a top blocker to help the run game. I doubt that this a repeat of Gase adding Julius Thomas. I like the signing.

Last edited:
Isn't it the official job of the Miami Dolphins to train TE's so they can go off to other teams in the NFL?

Shoe's on the other foot now.

I admit to laughing out loud a bit at the clip of Charles Harris getting destroyed.

I pointed that play out not long after it happened. The only time coaches notice Charles Harris on film is when he’s being buried by a TE or jumping offsides.

Other than that, they wouldn’t even know he was getting a paycheck. Great interview though.

Back
Top Bottom