Dwayne Allen Signing Not A Good Sign For Dolphins Chris Grier | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwayne Allen Signing Not A Good Sign For Dolphins Chris Grier

IMHO they spent too much time trying to teach Gesicki to block and not near enough how to run routes against NFL defenders. It seemed to me like all the defender had to do is lean on him and his route was so disrupted as to relegate him to being void as an option. Gase put him in situations to lose instead of a chance to be successful.

In the eyes of this sight this is his first signing period. Everybody else was Gase or of course Tannenbaum’s fault.

I'd have rather retained Frank Gore for $2 million and lived with our TE room than bring Allen in. So it goes......

I don't like the Dwayne Allen signing primarily due to his age. You don't sign 29-year-olds to multi-year contracts at the start of a rebuild. Also, at a $3.5 million average salary, he's guaranteed to get a lot of snaps -- at least this season -- when we need to see definitively what our two 2018 draft picks at this position can do. We're getting rid of good players in Cameron Wake and Frank Gore because they were progress-stoppers in their position groups, but now we're bringing in one at tight end?

However, I'll condone it on the basis that he was released by his team and not a free agent that counts against the compensatory pick formula.

Back
Top Bottom