Dwayne Haskins cost Fields Millions $$ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwayne Haskins cost Fields Millions $$

Agree. The notion that the school defines a prospect is laughable. Cal sucked at developing quarterbacks and then Aaron Rodgers was brilliant. Oops. Never mind.

Players are individuals and their work ethic, talent, and ability supersede what school they are from. Even if you want to attribute coaching as limiting a guy, that guy will then get NFL coaching and, yes, can get better. It’s the heart, intensity, drive, talent, physical skill set, etc., not what school the guy came from. Josh Allen has gotten a ton better since he got to Buffalo.

Ya, I’m also an Ohio State fan.

Comparing recent buckeye QBs against each other is dumb. They are all so different except for that one irrelevant coincidence.

Ya, I’m also an Ohio State fan.

Comparing recent buckeye QBs against each other is dumb. They are all so different except for that one irrelevant coincidence.
I’m not an OSU fan but I thought it was fairly obvious that Haskins was not going to be a good NFL quarterback. Fields has infinitely more potential. He just isn’t advanced. If you give him a nice window without a lot of heat and he sees the throw after it has already materialized, then he’s money with it. Like we saw with Tannehill, though, that’s a lot to hope for at the NFL level. Otherwise he will need to really develop.

Agreed. I want him to go back for another year and contend for everything. Heisman, national championship and no.1 pick.

My best friend and my boss (who’s house we were at) are both Bears fans. We were all pumped. I was so happy he didn’t end up a Patriot.

Love your city, one of the great American cities. However, you’re not seriously trying to argue that Fields is better than Lawrence are you? That’s the hottest of hot takes. Urban Meyer is as smart of a coach in football that there is. He knows Fields and Lawrence. He knew who the no-brainer best qb is. Don’t over-think this. Unless you just like hot takes, in no real world is Fields better than Lawrence.

If you do a legitimate deep dive on Fields, you will see there is a reason he went fourth among the quarterbacks and it’s not because very smart people like Urban Meyer are stupid.

Honestly i won't be surprised if Lawrence is a bust.

The way he talks about football i don't think he has enough passion for the game currently to reach his potential.

Not to mention that while he can make every throw, the Clemson offense runs a lot of bubble screen type plays that really pad out his stats and fan perception.

That said he us without a doubt the most talented QB in the draft, I can just see him not living up to the hype.

Honestly i won't be surprised if Lawrence is a bust.

The way he talks about football i don't think he has enough passion for the game currently to reach his potential.

Not to mention that while he can make every throw, the Clemson offense runs a lot of bubble screen type plays that really pad out his stats and fan perception.

That said he us without a doubt the most talented QB in the draft, I can just see him not living up to the hype.
I’d love to see him bust but it’s extremely, extremely unlikely. You’re looking for problems that aren’t really there. I like your imagination and creativity, though.

I’d love to see him bust but it’s extremely, extremely unlikely. You’re looking for problems that aren’t really there. I like your imagination and creativity, though.

Its possible I'm totally wrong, im going off his personality and I've never met the guy.

He just doesnt seem like the type who eats, drinks, sleeps and poops football. If I'm wrong and he is, watch out.

Agree. The notion that the school defines a prospect is laughable. Cal sucked at developing quarterbacks and then Aaron Rodgers was brilliant. Oops. Never mind.

Players are individuals and their work ethic, talent, and ability supersede what school they are from. Even if you want to attribute coaching as limiting a guy, that guy will then get NFL coaching and, yes, can get better. It’s the heart, intensity, drive, talent, physical skill set, etc., not what school the guy came from. Josh Allen has gotten a ton better since he got to Buffalo.

I'm dizzy from all that spin.

Its all about sample size. Logically & unbiased, One should be able to infer more about osu qb's than Cal QB's (AR12 & Goff)

Back
Top Bottom