DW's comments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DW's comments

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
In Wannstedt's press conference, I was impressed that he openly saw the issues with the team.

He recognized they didn't play up to where they should and saw the flaws in the OL. I am glad he noted these areas.

He also continues to be impressed with Simmons and Tolver. I don't see any way they will let either of those guys go. Simmons plays multiple positions on special teams as well as WR. Tolver, in Wanny's eyes, has the best hands on the team. Any release and those guys will be snatched up immediately.

That means OG only makes the team if they keep 6 WR's. Ironically, the worst play among the WR's came from the two starters. Wouldn't it be interesting if Wanny started Tolver and McKnight in the last pre-season game (with Simmons as the 3rd WR), "just to give them a look." That might be what is needed to light a fire under Chambers and Thompson. If those guys start losing some PT, maybe they'll realize they can't "coast" out there.

The OL clearly did not open holes and did not play with the urgency they should. Thankfully it's still pre-season. This will be a big deal if they don't play with the aggressiveness they should. Perhaps, despite Wade Smith's solid progression, they miss Dixon out there as a guy who does play every game as though his career is on the line. Say what you want about his pessimism, he plays as though he's never satisfied - always hungry to be better and I appreciate that.

Chambers is taking everything for granted... He's been babied while he's been here in Miami and that is the problem.. Everyone fell in love with him the second he caught a long ball in TC his rookie year and never wanted to see otherwise.. Now he's been handed a starting #1 WR role 2 years in a role and hasnt shown squat.. This may come back at Wanny and haunt him..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Chambers is taking everything for granted... He's been babied while he's been here in Miami and that is the problem.. Everyone fell in love with him the second he caught a long ball in TC his rookie year and never wanted to see otherwise.. Now he's been handed a starting #1 WR role 2 years in a role and hasnt shown squat.. This may come back at Wanny and haunt him..

The whole Chambers issue is annoying but, as I've been worrying thoughout the offseason, I think the OL problem is the crisis here.

I am ecstatic as well to hear DW admit problems there and stop with the blowing of sunshine up our arses in the media about it.
Hopefully they will focus on this problem and address it with a personell move as soon as some OL vet comes available.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

The whole Chambers issue is annoying but, as I've been worrying thoughout the offseason, I think the OL problem is the crisis here.

I am ecstatic as well to hear DW admit problems there and stop with the blowing of sunshine up our arses in the media about it.
Hopefully they will focus on this problem and address it with a personell move as soon as some OL vet comes available.

There's no crisis with the OLine. When ever an OLine faces a 3-4 D they need time to game plan, watch game tapes and run stunts to counter a 3-4 D.

If they have problems during a reg-season game while facing a 3-4 D then I can agree with the crisis statement.

Oliver...

They did game plan against the Falcons. Almost as heavily as they would in a season game. Didn't help.

OL is a concern. I want to see if its any different with Dixon back in the lineup. Logic wouldn't dictate that, but truth be told the Phins did not run well when Dixon went out with ankle injury during 2002 and Marcus Spriggs came in.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
They did game plan against the Falcons. Almost as heavily as they would in a season game. Didn't help.

OL is a concern. I want to see if its any different with Dixon back in the lineup. Logic wouldn't dictate that, but truth be told the Phins did not run well when Dixon went out with ankle injury during 2002 and Marcus Spriggs came in.

See lil things like this scare me about you CK. No they did not almost game plan as they do during the reg-season. They watched game tapes from last season for 1 day. The OC and his coaches spent 1 day game planning.

Spending 1 day to watch game tape as a unit, and then another day to practice 1/4 of the plays you would normally practice for an opponent is not almost the same thing.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ckparrothead

They gameplanned against the Falcons almost as heavily as they would in a regular season game? Mmmm, I strongly disagree.

Gameplanned ? :lol: Yeah right! Gameplanning means bringing in reverses, counters etc.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Agree.

I read an article in the Miami Herald during the summer before training camp and the draft: it said how Chambers confronted Wanny and explained how he wants to be considerred the go-to-guy for a pass play. He explained he would have rathered the coaches approached him last year and say '"Chris we're not going to get another big-name WR, we want you to develop and step up as our #1" instead of getting Cris Carter. SO the coaches listened and agreed and thats where we are today. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact CC grew the balls to say that, but he STILL hasn't proven to do be the man. Now its almost reg. season and every other great receiver in the league has already shined in preseason except Chambers.

Originally posted by Oliver

??

Oliver...

:jk: Oliver, I was just watching for the debate between two very opinionated individuals. Its usually pretty good.:)

everyone's making some good points but we need to listen to Wanny. He's not happy with the o-line play to the point where he's saying Seth could start over Nails. The o-line has to play better.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Den54

:jk: Oliver, I was just watching for the debate between two very opinionated individuals. Its usually pretty good.:)

Make sure to get some butter for that popcorn. :D

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom