DWs Press Conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DWs Press Conference

i don't know how many times i have listened to all the hype in the off season, to be disappointed in sept-dec.

Originally posted by dolfan06
i don't know how many times i have listened to all the hype in the off season, to be disappointed in sept-dec.
but we have not had a decent RB since we traded for another guy named Williams

ok, I am officially excited now. Leon Searcy is kicking butt, Brent Smith is 100% and looks as sharp as last year. Gardener is doing everything, and has lost 15 lbs.

Wannstedt says he is as fast as Mixon or Bromell ever was, so that is awesome, plus he has the power to flat run over a TE.

Robert Edwards is doing everything and performing up to a high level. WOW...even Jamie Nails is making a case for himself.

Wannstedt is right, we have some high quality depth. Our second string O line could be

Spriggs, Nails, McKinnie, Perry, Andrews

that is nothing to sneeze at!

The only thing I am a bit worried about is that Chambers is STILL not 100% from that ankle injury. Thinking back, I am amazed they were even going to try and get him on the field against the Ravens. Wanny said he will be fine by Junes mini camp...but that concerns me that he is still hurting from 3, almost 4 months ago.

Still excited about the rest though. :D ;)

that's lots of good stuff, but I agree on CC's ankle. He's real young to recover soo slowly. It must have been lots of ligament damage. :cry:

I just read the whole Press Conference on www.miamidolphins.com

I like what Norv is going to be doing with the new offense, throwing more to the TE. If McMichael really works out, and we start throwing to the TE more, teams will start concerning themselves with us throwing to the TE and free things up for Chris Chambers, not to mention Ricky Williams coming out of the backfield. If Norv really gets the TE and FB involved our offense more, we really could be fun to watch. It won't be as boring and nerve-racking as it has been in the past few years. Even when Marino was here the last couple of years, everyone would cringe when the RB got the ball, because we would just hope for an occassional 5-7 yard carry. Now we will see Ricky Williams get the ball and we will see a 9-15 yard carry frequently. WE also won't see the 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down pass crap anymore either. I'm getting excited just talking about our new Offensive system!!

I am concerned that Chris Chambers's ankle is still injured though. It's been almost 4 months and it is still bothering him. Is this really a precaution or a sign???? I hope it is just a precaution.

I hope you had fun reading this long post!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphins042602.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

I really hope Perkins is wrong here cause what he is saying shows he has no brain:

And, in a bit of a no-brainer, Wannstedt said Chambers would be a starter if he were healthy. That could mean James McKnight becomes a slot receiver with Gadsden holding his starting position.

You don't put SPEED in the SLOT. You put the guy with the hands in there. Geeze I hope Wanny learned that lesson from last season.

Chambers/McKnight
Orende in the Slot

I agree with you there VanDolPhan,

I think our best option at 3rd WR in the slot would be Ward not McKnight. He made some really good tough catches over the middle last year.

Maybe Cris Carter in the slot position doesn't sound like a bad idea after all.....

Phins Phan

I agree with you on the Carter thing, however, I am more worried about a speed pass rusher.

If the QB can sit back there all day, it doesn't make any difference in the world if we have Surtain and Madison covering guys.

So the real question is, do we spend money on CC, or do we go DE, and wait until June 1st to see who gets cut?

Back
Top Bottom