Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Who's Better?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Who's Better??

Section126 said:
The only thing Wade doesn't have that Kobe has is a three point shot.
Saying that it is not even close and that Kobe is clearly better is not very intelligent....seeing of course as WADE was 2nd team ALL NBA.....and Kobe was not.....

We are talking about a second year player here folks....please look at what he is doing.

Noone is arguing who had the better year. Or even who you would take to build a team around. Skillwise Wade still has a long way to go before you can compare him to Kobe.

Handling the ball? Wade handles it most of the game....when you go to the basket as much as he does..you are gonna turn it over.....WADE

There is a reason Damon is the point on this team, and hes a lousy ballhandler as well.

Ferretsquig said:
Noone is arguing who had the better year. Or even who you would take to build a team around. Skillwise Wade still has a long way to go before you can compare him to Kobe.

There is a reason Damon is the point on this team, and hes a lousy ballhandler as well.

I agree with you until.......Damon Jones a lousy ball handler? He is one of the best ball handlers in the league.....Why did you have to ruin such a good post?

The most important stat for "ball handlers" is turnover/assist ratio.....Damon Jones was in the top 5 in the league this year. (4th overall...ahead of Steve nash BTW.)

Wade's a better teammate and that's really all that matters :lol:

I'm not a Heat fan but I am pulling for them so it's kind of an unbiased opinion.

Section126 said:
I agree with you until.......Damon Jones a lousy ball handler? He is one of the best ball handlers in the league.....Why did you have to ruin such a good post?

The most important stat for "ball handlers" is turnover/assist ratio.....Damon Jones was in the top 5 in the league this year. (4th overall...ahead of Steve nash BTW.)

I dont get the comparison of tun/assist ratio to ones ability to handle the ball. The only thing Damon does is take the ball up the court and either swing it around or dump it into Shaq. Its not like he ever drives into the lane or handles the ball under pressure so why would he have any turnovers?

Ferretsquig said:
I dont get the comparison of tun/assist ratio to ones ability to handle the ball. The only thing Damon does is take the ball up the court and either swing it around or dump it into Shaq. Its not like he ever drives into the lane or handles the ball under pressure so why would he have any turnovers?

Turnover/Assist ratio is how good ball handling is meassured...sorry...it's just a fact.

Section126 said:

So do you really think damon jones is a better ball handler than steve nash?

Section126 said:
Turnover/Assist ratio is how good ball handling is meassured...sorry...it's just a fact.

No its how you measure it in your own little mind...... Now if you wanted to make a judgement based on turnovers / time handling the ball....that would have at least a little legitimacy. There is a hell of a lot more that goes into getting an assist than how well you can handle the ball.

Ferretsquig said:
No its how you measure it in your own little mind...... Now if you wanted to make a judgement based on turnovers / time handling the ball....that would have at least a little legitimacy. There is a hell of a lot more that goes into getting an assist than how well you can handle the ball.

NO....that is how good ball handling is measured.

nyjunc said:
When do we see the Wade-Michael Jordan comparions?

If Wade wins a couple of championships inside of the next 4 years....then they start.....Just like they did with Kobe.

Section126 said:
If Wade wins a couple of championships inside of the next 4 years....then they start.....Just like they did with Kobe.

Kobe has 3, so how did the Wade-Kobe comparison start?

nyjunc said:
Kobe has 3, so how did the Wade-Kobe comparison start?

Because Kobe has Wade's old team and his team sucks...Wade has SHAQ....Wade is in his second year and is accomplishing more than what Kobe accomplished in his second year. That is how the comparisons got started.

I think Wade is better then Kobe and I'm basing it on how well their team did without Shaq. This year Kobe was w/o Shaq and his team missed the playoffs entirely. Last year when Wade didn't have Shaq the Heat made the playoffs plus they won in the 1st round. Both Kobe and Wade had Odom the year they didn't have Shaq so I think that is a fair assesment

Section126 said:
Because Kobe has Wade's old team and his team sucks...Wade has SHAQ....Wade is in his second year and is accomplishing more than what Kobe accomplished in his second year. That is how the comparisons got started.

Kobe doesn't have Wade's old team, he has a couple of former teammates thand let's not forget that Kobe missed a good chunk of the season and Kobe's Lakers play in the West not the East.

Back
Top Bottom