E-a-g-l-e-s | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

E-a-g-l-e-s

Philter25

MORE COWBELL!!!
Reaction score
Aside from being a huge FinFan, I was also raised a Philly fan. Sorry to disappoint ladies, but growing up outside of Philly made me an Eagles/Flyers/Sixers fan. I picked up Miami when I started playing pee-wee football and loved Marino.....

With that said, I cant believe how some of you have written off the Eagles so far. EVERYONE wrote them off when TO went down, and you know what, they have won decisively in all their games. They havent played a perfect game yet and still have a LOT to improve on. Philly has a VERY solid D and IMO better CBs and secondary than the Steelers. Their run D has been greatly improving over the season and they held the Falcons to under 100 yards rushing.

The Eagles arent a pee-wee team, everyone talks about the NE coaching genious but Jim Johnson is a VERY VERY good DC. Jim will throw blitz packages at the Pats that they havent seen before. Philly's D MIMICS Miami's defense. Hence why I think they have a good chance at beating the Pats.

Only difference between Philly and Miami's D is Philly will blitz a LOT more. Philly has the CBs to play the NE WR's straight up, Philly has better safeties than Miami and a MUCH better Dline and LB corps. Miami's D pulled off the NE upset so why do all of you sell off Philly?

Philly also has a MUCH MUCH better offense than Miami. If TO plays, which I think he will, I think this will be a very close game. I dont think NE has the secondary personnel to match up with Philly's WRs IF TO PLAYS.

Im not barkin victory or being a homer, I just dont think Philly gets blown out.

I wish I could share your optimism, but...

I look at Philly's schedule, and it's tremendously soft. The rest of their division stunk, and their non-divisional schedule included:

Minnesota
@ Detroit
@ Chicago
Carolina
@ Cleveland
Baltimore
@ Pittsburgh
Green Bay
@ St. Louis
Cincinnati

Take out the two losses at the end, and their schedule included three playoff teams - Minnesota (8-8), Green Bay (10-6) and Pittsburgh (15-1).

They got slaughtered by Pittsburgh, who isn't nearly the team the Patriots are. They also struggled with Cleveland (34-31 OT win) and Baltimore (15-10 win) whom the Pats manhandled (24-3 over Baltimore, 42-15 over Cleveland).

Furthermore, Philly's entire defensive scheme is predicated around the blitz, and that's the LAST thing I want to do to Brady, who gets rid of the ball quicker than just about any other QB in the league, and who's Marino-like in his ability to side-step on-coming rushers. And not to mention the fact that the Pats are one of the best teams in the league at picking up the blitz. Pittsburgh started the game yesterday blitzing Brady, but had to back off after he beat them deep a couple of times early.

And not only that, but I think the Eagles are a little small and soft up front... Corey Dillon could have a HUGE day.

I just don't see Philly winning this game.

I take that back... the only way the Pats lose this game is the same way they've lost those four games over the last two years... the Eagles can't beat the Patriots, but the Patriots can beat themselves if they turn the ball over.

The schedule was soft, but whos fault was that? The eagles dont book teams... They had a soft schedule and made sure they took advantage of it. I consider them a 1 loss team, the last 2 games they tanked and rested players.

Pitt was the only team that beat them this year. Philly has better CBs than Pitt. Philly can blitz and leave Sheldon or Lito out there man on man and not get beat. Its what they did all year. If Culpepper and Moss couldnt beat their 1 on 1 TWICE this year, I have faith that Brady and whoever the WR is will share the same fate. Favre and his WR corps had trouble also....

Im not predicting a Philly win, but I think it will be a very close game.

Philter25 said:
Aside from being a huge FinFan, I was also raised a Philly fan. Sorry to disappoint ladies, but growing up outside of Philly made me an Eagles/Flyers/Sixers fan. I picked up Miami when I started playing pee-wee football and loved Marino.....

With that said, I cant believe how some of you have written off the Eagles so far. EVERYONE wrote them off when TO went down, and you know what, they have won decisively in all their games. They havent played a perfect game yet and still have a LOT to improve on. Philly has a VERY solid D and IMO better CBs and secondary than the Steelers. Their run D has been greatly improving over the season and they held the Falcons to under 100 yards rushing.

The Eagles arent a pee-wee team, everyone talks about the NE coaching genious but Jim Johnson is a VERY VERY good DC. Jim will throw blitz packages at the Pats that they havent seen before. Philly's D MIMICS Miami's defense. Hence why I think they have a good chance at beating the Pats.

Only difference between Philly and Miami's D is Philly will blitz a LOT more. Philly has the CBs to play the NE WR's straight up, Philly has better safeties than Miami and a MUCH better Dline and LB corps. Miami's D pulled off the NE upset so why do all of you sell off Philly?

Philly also has a MUCH MUCH better offense than Miami. If TO plays, which I think he will, I think this will be a very close game. I dont think NE has the secondary personnel to match up with Philly's WRs IF TO PLAYS.

Im not barkin victory or being a homer, I just dont think Philly gets blown out.

The Flyers suck!!!!!!!!!!

FireWrongstedt said:
The Flyers suck!!!!!!!!!!
The Sixers or Phillies suck, the Flyers are always top 2 in the East, then lose in the playoffs.

.......luckily im a huge Steve Yzerman fan so I have a west team to root for. When it comes to basketball, its just the Sixers and they suck.

Philter25 said:
The schedule was soft, but whos fault was that? The eagles dont book teams...
I didn't say it was their fault... I just think their soft schedule means that 13-1 record is probably a little deceiving.

Gator Mike said:
I didn't say it was their fault... I just think their soft schedule means that 13-1 record is probably a little deceiving.
You can say the same thing about the Rams a few years ago. Im pretty sure they only played like 1 team over 500 in their SB run.

If the league were combined today, I would rate NE, Pitt, Indy, Philly. So I would say Philly is a top 4 team.

Nevermind... Chad Lewis is out also. We currently have 2 TE's on our roster, and one is our long snapper. LJ Smith has played well, but Chad Lewis was the guy. Crap. Philly desperately needs TO to come back for them to have a shot at winning. McNabb and Westbrook cant put up all the points theirself.

Back
Top Bottom