E-mail addres for 790 the Ticket | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

E-mail addres for 790 the Ticket

FireWrongstedt

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
here it is if you want to speak out about the pending Cefalo hire:

alippman@790theticket.com

I implore you all to e-mail them and tell them this is unacceptable. Also e-mail the Dolphins. Here is a copy of the e-mail I sent them:

As a die-hard Dolphins fan, I implore you to reconsider hiring Jimmy Cefalo as the voice of Miami Dolphins football. Cefalo- while I'm sure a great guy- is not cut out for play-by-play duties for a major pro sports team at this point. He's boring and monotone, and we- the Dolphins Nation- want someone who will represent our enthusiam and passion for our team on the air, while calling the game in an exciting and free-flowing fashion. Boog Schiambi is a GREAT play-by-play man with great knowledge of the game and just as important- YEARS of experience calling major pro sports with enthuiasm and passion. This is nothing against Jimmy Cefalo- but he shouldn't be getting his first shot as a play-by-play man in the Dolphins radio booth just because he's an ex-Dolphin- he should go learn doing college games or NFL Europe games first. I understand this is not solely 790's decision to make- the Dolphins obviously make the final call. Believe me when I say that I will be in contact with the Dolphins as well about this issue, and you can expect to be hearing from a throng of unhapppy Dolphin fans, because I will be posting this e-mail address on the premiere Dolphins fan site on on the planet, Finheaven.com. Announcers call the games for the fans- so listen to us when we tell you this potential hire is unacceptable in our book. Experience and passion should count for something. Please think about that. Thank you.

Guys, this is your chance to speak up if you don't like this hire. What are you waiting for? The sun to set in the East?

Here's the e-mail I sent to the Dolphins themselves. Bombard them guys!!!!!!!

To whom it may concern-

As a die-hard Dolphin fan, I implore you to re-consider the hiring of Jimmy Cefalo as the voice of Miami Dolphins football. While I'm sure a great guy- Cefalo is not cut out for play-by-play duties for a major pro sports team at this time. If you haven't realized that already, you will once he spends 5 minutes in the booth. Mr. Cefalo has no previous play-by-play experience to speak of, and this is not the place to learn. He should cut his teeth calling college or NFL Europe games- or something of the like- first. Boog Sciambi- the other leading candidate- is a guy who has paid his dues and has YEARS of experience calling major pro sports. We- The Dolphins Nation- want a play-by-play man who is going to represent our passion and enthusiasm for our team on the air, while calliing the game in a passionate and free-flowing manner. It's bad enough our booth is losing Jim Mandich, who was the ULTIMATE voice of the fan- but to give a major job like this to Jimmy Cefalo just because he's a former Dolphin- and let's be honest here- it's the ONLY reason he's being considered- because he's extremely boring and monotone doing sports on TV- is unacceptable to us, the fans. Announcers call the game for the fans. Well, the fans don't want Jimmy Cefalo. So please give up the infatuation of having two former Dolphins in the booth together and pick the guy who rightfully deserves and should get the job. That man is NOT Jimmy Cefalo. Listen to your fans. Because you'll be hearing from a lot of them about this. Remember who pays your salaries. Listen to the Nation. Thank you for your time.

FireWrongstedt said:
Here's the e-mail I sent to the Dolphins themselves. Bombard them guys!!!!!!!

To whom it may concern-

As a die-hard Dolphin fan, I implore you to re-consider the hiring of Jimmy Cefalo as the voice of Miami Dolphins football. While I'm sure a great guy- Cefalo is not cut out for play-by-play duties for a major pro sports team at this time. If you haven't realized that already, you will once he spends 5 minutes in the booth. Mr. Cefalo has no previous play-by-play experience to speak of, and this is not the place to learn. He should cut his teeth calling college or NFL Europe games- or something of the like- first. Boog Sciambi- the other leading candidate- is a guy who has paid his dues and has YEARS of experience calling major pro sports. We- The Dolphins Nation- want a play-by-play man who is going to represent our passion and enthusiasm for our team on the air, while calliing the game in a passionate and free-flowing manner. It's bad enough our booth is losing Jim Mandich, who was the ULTIMATE voice of the fan- but to give a major job like this to Jimmy Cefalo just because he's a former Dolphin- and let's be honest here- it's the ONLY reason he's being considered- because he's extremely boring and monotone doing sports on TV- is unacceptable to us, the fans. Announcers call the game for the fans. Well, the fans don't want Jimmy Cefalo. So please give up the infatuation of having two former Dolphins in the booth together and pick the guy who rightfully deserves and should get the job. That man is NOT Jimmy Cefalo. Listen to your fans. Because you'll be hearing from a lot of them about this. Remember who pays your salaries. Listen to the Nation. Thank you for your time.

Kep us posted on how the team responds to your email.......it should be interesting.

pigskinguy said:
Kep us posted on how the team responds to your email.......it should be interesting.

I definately will. I hope they do respond. That's why I'm imploring you guys to e-mail them too- the more who complain, the more likely they are to listen to us.

So what is gonna happen if Cefalo gets the gig? Are you gonna tune out the Dolphins broadcast? Nope....that's why if 790 wants Cefalo then that's who we'll get. If he sucks then they'll swap him out. Its not a major deal....is it?

DreamWeaver said:
So what is gonna happen if Cefalo gets the gig? Are you gonna tune out the Dolphins broadcast? Nope....that's why if 790 wants Cefalo then that's who we'll get. If he sucks then they'll swap him out. Its not a major deal....is it?

It's a HUGE deal to those of us who attend the games and listen all the time. Cefalo stinks. Period. If it was up to me, I'd being Zimpfer back. Best PBP guy we've had since Ive been listening.

I sent one now, Sorry I should have copied it and pasted it here. Come on people we need to make our voices heard!

just wondering why in the poll on the main page its pretty much 50-50 in views? i wud have thought it wudnt have been so close?

FanMarino said:
just wondering why in the poll on the main page its pretty much 50-50 in views? i wud have thought it wudnt have been so close?
I was thinking the same thing. I dont think I have read one post in support of Cefalo, but he is keeping up in the votes. Weird things going on.

Dubfire said:
It's a HUGE deal to those of us who attend the games and listen all the time. Cefalo stinks. Period. If it was up to me, I'd being Zimpfer back. Best PBP guy we've had since Ive been listening.

I attend games and listen to the broadcasts all the time as well...You may not like Cefalo as a sportscaster but we have no way of knowing how good or bad he'll be as a PBP guy.

Its just another thing to complain about...no matter who is announced, somebody's gonna be pi$$ed!

I agree with you on Zimpfer though, he & the Mad Dog were great!

e-mail campaigns to try and get people fired or removed from their position when they have done nothing wrong I feel are really low class and in bad taste.

Just because "your guy" didn't get picked is no reason to try and start emailing the world trying to force a change.

It's not gonna work anyway and Cefalo is the man. Time for some people to deal with it and move on.

DreamWeaver said:

Yeah, I am. I have DirecTV. I don't need to listen to the radio broadcast over the internet, but if I liked our announcers I'd be more inclined to, that's for sure. I'm using the only voice I have to show my displeasure with the situation. Instead of just complaining, I actuallly try to do what I can to possibly influence change.

MikeO said:
e-mail campaigns to try and get people fired or removed from their position when they have done nothing wrong I feel are really low class and in bad taste.

Just because "your guy" didn't get picked is no reason to try and start emailing the world trying to force a change.

It's not gonna work anyway and Cefalo is the man. Time for some people to deal with it and move on.

Yeah, it's low class and in bad taste. :rolleyes: My ***. I guess we have completely different definitions of "low class" and "bad taste". If you feel strongly about something try doing something about it instead of shutting up and taking it.

Back
Top Bottom