Eagles in Prime Position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles in Prime Position

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
The Eagles could come out of this offseason a team to be reckoned with. They just signed Javon Kearse so I guess that puts the Ogun talk to rest. Now everybody seems to think they're gonna get Owens. And they probably will since SF isn't asking for much. Then they go into the draft with all their picks and take another WR in the 1st round. With these upgrades, it could be just enough to put them over the hump and get them to the SB.

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the Dolphins but it was on my mind. :goof:

I dunno.. The Skins are looking mighty tough now.. Normally I wouldnt say that, but with Gibbs running the show... Oh boy!

The NFC East will be BEASTLY next season... Parcells, Gibbs, Reid, Coughlin. Should be a bloodbath.

I think this will be the one HIGH PROFILE, mega bucks deal they shell out this year and i think they really "screwed the pooch" is shellin out all that cash on their defense.

their defense is already very good and they need a difference maker at WR, why not spend the money there?

Of course if they do get a great WR then getting Kearse will be a good, albeit very RISKY, move.

Originally posted by Lukin
The Eagles could come out of this offseason a team to be reckoned with. They just signed Javon Kearse so I guess that puts the Ogun talk to rest. Now everybody seems to think they're gonna get Owens. And they probably will since SF isn't asking for much. Then they go into the draft with all their picks and take another WR in the 1st round. With these upgrades, it could be just enough to put them over the hump and get them to the SB.

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the Dolphins but it was on my mind. :goof:

I thought the same thing, that is until i remebered they have no CBs whatsoever, whos gonna cover the WRs while Kearse rushes in???

What are they gonna do when (if) McNabb and Detmer get hurt? No more A.J to rely on.

Getting on the A.J.:bandwagon

Originally posted by Lukin

I would'nt be all that excited about the so called "freak" he had a great rookie year, but he is often injured and underachieving when he does play.

i dont wanna give up chambers doesnt make sense.

The Eagles are pretty well positioned to deal with the departure of Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor. They've been drafting a lot of DBs. They drafted Lito Sheppard in the first round last year...and Sheldon Brown in the 2nd round. Their safety situation is also REALLY good (dare i say best in the NFL unless you count Baltimore or Dallas but those safety situations are more about 1 player, Philly has 2). I also wouldn't rule out them getting Bobby Taylor back.

And the best way to cover up for a weak corner position is with killer passrush. With Jerome McDougle, Jevon Kearse, Brandon Whiting, N.D. Kalu, and Jamaal Green, they have a DE rotation that should be the envy of the league.

For the most part the Eagles will play the same corner's they played last year, Lito, and Sheldon. They need, and will sign another though for the nickel.

Don't forget, Taylor, Vincent, and Dawk were injured much of the year.

I can't help but wonder what this post has to do with the dolphins though? :)

I'm hoping Moss lands here.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The Eagles are pretty well positioned to deal with the departure of Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor. They've been drafting a lot of DBs. They drafted Lito Sheppard in the first round last year...and Sheldon Brown in the 2nd round. Their safety situation is also REALLY good (dare i say best in the NFL unless you count Baltimore or Dallas but those safety situations are more about 1 player, Philly has 2). I also wouldn't rule out them getting Bobby Taylor back.

And the best way to cover up for a weak corner position is with killer passrush. With Jerome McDougle, Jevon Kearse, Brandon Whiting, N.D. Kalu, and Jamaal Green, they have a DE rotation that should be the envy of the league.

Well said parrothead.... We are hoping for a big year out of McDougle this season.

Their DLine is pretty solid now but like someone said they have no CBs. They better work on getting Bobby Taylor back or it'll be all for not.

Rumors saying we are really close to signing TO, but thats a rumor of course....

Back
Top Bottom