Eagles Qbs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles Qbs

Why is that a scary proposition? We could get a proven QB who is better than the garbage that we have had. Look at the QBs who have started for Miami since Marino retired.... That is a scary proposition.

-Jay Fiedler
-Damon Huard
-Ray Lucas
-Brian Griese
-A.J. Feeley
-Sage Rosenfels
-Gus Frerotte
-Daunte Culpepper (Saban you suck! We could have had Drew Brees)
-Joey Harrington
-Cleo Lemon (Seriously the name says it all)
-Trent Green
-John Beck
-Chad Pennington
-Chad Henne
-Tyler Thigpen
-Matt Moore
-Ryan Tannehill
-Brock Osweiler
Three of these were drafted by the Dolphins. The others were another teams trash to include Feeley, who Miami gave up picks to the Eagles for. No thanks. Would rather get a high draft choice and hope they use it on the QB this time not an LT.

Why is this even a discussion?

The Phins are not bringing in any top free agent QBs. I doubt they bring in any top FAs, period.

Those in favor of signing a big name QB have their heads in the sand.

I’d like Wentz. But Wentz’s injury history and Miami’s string of bad luck isn’t a good combo. I can easily see Miami trade a first for him and he’s constantly hurt for Miami because you know it’s Miami. Maybe if Miami can get him for a 2nd though.

I’d like Wentz. But Wentz’s injury history and Miami’s string of bad luck isn’t a good combo. I can easily see Miami trade a first for him and he’s constantly hurt for Miami because you know it’s Miami. Maybe if Miami can get him for a 2nd though.

a couple of articles about Wentz and his behavior.
https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-...agles-quarterback-as-selfish-not-team-player/

The counterpoint article.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-eagles-defend-carson-wentz-report-selfish-qb

When a guy as talented as Wentz ends up at a small school, I gotta raise an eyebrow atleast.

The Eagles have their own "problem that is nice to have", but that problem still needs a solution.

They have the Marino vs Montana debate in full effect. Do you want the QB who is the system (Marino)? Or the QB who is great in the system (Montana)?

Quite frankly, as stupid as it seems, the Eagles need to think outside the box. Ask the bigger question: How do we keep both?

People love making success choose between success factors. You should never choose between success factors. You've figured out how to win and win it all in this league; the hard part is over. Now figure out how to sustain it.

I can't believe fans are actually choosing the QB with promise over the QB that delivered on the promise.

These are misguided thoughts. Continuing to debate athlete vs. winning.

Fans stop supporting because of losing . Player skill and greatness are second chair to winning. You choose WINNING ever time. No player is more important than winning

The irony here is how many Wentz fans on this board also want RT gone? Wentz can't stay healthy. Yet you want his potential over Foles' results? Please. Give me results everyday of the week and TWICE on Sunday.

Wentz has done nothing to erase the need for Foles. Foles has delivered. You keep both. Decide on some other position to sacrifice salary and make it happen.

"You can't pay 2 QBs". Where is it written?

"You have to choose". You win a Super Bowl because you have two. Now you want to knowingly defeat yourself, idiotic.

As far as I'm concerned, Wentz needs to be proving his worth. Foles already has.

Pay Foles. Find the salary somewhere else.

This combo works for this team. It doesn't matter how you find victory. Once you di, you do everything to keep it.

Regardless of the rifts and tough decisions,the Patriots know their formula and let NOTHING destroy it: 1) Kraft, 2) BB, 3) Brady and 4) the system.

Nothing else matters. No other player matters. If Brady wants to play until 47 and they keep winning, he will be the QB. They are rewriting the manual on how to run a team and all fans can do is complain and wait for it to end. Copying it is the next best thing in their eyes.

If I'm Philly, I'm keeping Foles. No question. He is part of my winning formula. I'm not listening to anyine that says I "have to choose". No thanks, I'm winning, you go get in line with the other people who are losing

"Can't carry two QBs". Watch me rewrite that rule.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001015457/article/eagles-expected-to-pick-up-qb-nick-foles-option?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=around-the-league;team=phi;conf=nfc;dvsn=nce;plyr=nicholas_foles&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#fff&p.bgc1m=#0964bf&p.bgc2m=#053a74&sr=amp

Eagles are expected to pick up Foles contract. The Dolphins need to trade for Wentz or Foles. They are much better than what we have. Any quarterback in the draft is a risk, and I would much rather have a quarterback who has had success in this league.

Not going to happen. The Dolphins already said they are going to tank this year and most likely play an unproven QB. They are going to draft a QB in the next few years.

Two years in a row he gets injured and misses significant time. Do we really want to go down that road? Especially given the fact we don't have an all pro line like the Eagles to keep him upright and clean.

Nope- no thanks.

I do like Foles...in the system that works for him.

As I have not seen the current regime's ability to implement said system, or watched their rebuild plan, I can't suggest the Fins trade for a QB of his acumen, and essentially pay $32.5 million on the QB position while they rebuild.

And Miami hasn't yet rebuilt its OL. I agree, he needs a GOOD system

The most important thing is availability and Carson Wentz has proven that he is injury prone. He has missed games due to injury 3 of the past 4 years (including his last year in college).

What good is having a great QB if he can't finish a season? If the Eagles didn't have a competant backup in Foles they'd be screwed.

That’s right, and didn’t he break his back last year? One of his vertebrae fractured?

We could sit back here, 5 years later and look at this as a Culpeper vs Brees situation. We could get a top QB here, instead we decide to tank for an unproven. That would be so Dolphins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom