Eagles Qbs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles Qbs

3rd rounder AND 25 million a year for Foles? No thanks.

3rd rounder AND 25 million a year for Foles? No thanks.
I'll pass on that too.

Aside from the QB position, this team is two years away from fielding a complete, well coached team.

Next year will be installing completely new systems with, in many cases, young, unproven players. A throw away year, to be honest. The new staff has to come in, and evaluate what we have, how to best utilize their skills, and coach up cohesive line units.

It is already very hard to have a veteran QB making a very good contract and then rest of the team in normal situation. We need to get our cap in order and the best way to do that is get through this year, get cap healthy and away from depending on FA with the big signings, and sign the best QB in the next year or two. We have other holes to fill as well. Over the cap has had a couple of articles on this in the last year.

Two years in a row he gets injured and misses significant time. Do we really want to go down that road? Especially given the fact we don't have an all pro line like the Eagles to keep him upright and clean.
Call me crazy, but if I’m the Eagles I’m trading Wentz, not Foles for that reason + you can probably get someone to cough up 3 number 1s or 2 number 1s and 2 number 2s or heck, you might get someone’s entire draft ala Mike Ditka / Ricky Williams. Foles won you a SB and saved your season after. Heck you can use some of that capital to draft another stud prospect at QB if you want.

Why is that a scary proposition? We could get a proven QB who is better than the garbage that we have had. Look at the QBs who have started for Miami since Marino retired.... That is a scary proposition.

-Jay Fiedler
-Damon Huard
-Ray Lucas
-Brian Griese
-A.J. Feeley
-Sage Rosenfels
-Gus Frerotte
-Daunte Culpepper (Saban you suck! We could have had Drew Brees)
-Joey Harrington
-Cleo Lemon (Seriously the name says it all)
-Trent Green
-John Beck
-Chad Pennington
-Chad Henne
-Tyler Thigpen
-Matt Moore
-Ryan Tannehill
-Brock Osweiler
If you go by QBR, we have 3 guys on the roster who are better than everyone listed - Wilson, Amendola and Stills all have perfect 153.8s. Start one of them at QB.

a couple of articles about Wentz and his behavior.
https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-...agles-quarterback-as-selfish-not-team-player/

The counterpoint article.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-eagles-defend-carson-wentz-report-selfish-qb

When a guy as talented as Wentz ends up at a small school, I gotta raise an eyebrow atleast.

Wentz was recruited as a DE because of his size. He was injured his senior year in HS and wasn't highly recruited, period. His arm talent showed up later and shocked Coach Klieman. Klieman is not quick to move a defensive player to offense, especially QB. Klieman was and is a defense first coach, then the run game.

Eagles expected to franchise, then trade Nick Foles

The Eagles are expected to use their franchise tag this offseason on quarterback Nick Foles in an effort to then try to trade him, according to sources on other NFL teams who have been in touch with Philadelphia.

Eagles' options with Nick Foles: Tag and trade could be in play

Foles is unlikely to return to Philly, leaving the only questions being where will he end up and by which method.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25908384/philadelphia-eagles-expected-franchise-trade-nick-foles-sources-say

Last edited:
I'm only interested in Nick Foles if he comes packaged with the Eagles offensive roster, scheme, HC, OC and QB coach.

I'd trade for Wentz.

Easy call.

Not me, I'd take Foles.

I'm worried about Wentz's durablity. That recent injury was lingering since his college days.

I like Wentz but after Ryan going down 2 times in 3 years, no Bridgwater and no Wentz.

Dude lead the Eagles to and through the playoffs, and to the SB. That's the whole point. I don't know how you tell that locker room that won the SB with Foles, that's their guy, that he is not the guy. What argument do you present for something so stupid as a FO?

And then what happens if he goes to the Giants, or the Redskins, or anyone else, and they are in the playoffs and competing with Foles, and the Eagles are sitting at home at 7-9,8-8?
That FO would look like a bunch of fkn monkeys!

Last edited:
This is so useless. The FO isn't keeping any secrets this year, they have already told us what their focus is and what they are going to do.

Prioritize the lines, and I couldn't agree more. It is actually shocking to me that the brass are actually saying something I agree with.

Will they actually do what they have said?? That is the big, wait and see.

The reason the Dolphins aren't even considering a veteran QB is obvious; the support for such an investment just isn't there. It is the right approach.

If there are free agent signings, and there may very well be a few, even a top tier signing if the player is 28 or younger, they will indeed be young.

If Frank Clark somehow becomes available, you overpay to get that talent. He is the next Khalil Mack.

There are no top tier young centers or guards on the market. Those positions have to be drafted, and it is a good year for 2nd and 3rd round interior linemen.

Not me, I'd take Foles.

I'm worried about Wentz's durablity. That recent injury was lingering since his college days.

I like Wentz but after Ryan going down 2 times in 3 years, no Bridgwater and no Wentz.

Ya man, Wentz has always loved contact. He would run right into would be tacklers in college like he was channeling his Larry Csonka.

He will become a slider like the rest of the running QB's, or he will become a backup. Wentz is a genius, he will master his inner full back and learn to be safe rather than sorry.

It is highly likely he gets a few more Super Bowl rings.

Back
Top Bottom