Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins.

if what @hoops posted earlier is correct, the Eagles are eating a record 33mil in future dead cap money.

That doesn't sound like an exceptionally good deal to me.
$33.8 million to be exact. Must be nice to be able to afford to eat nearly $34 million dollars just to get rid of a player you don’t want. Of course Billionaires look at $34 million the same way the average guy looks at $1000 dollars. Of course they just raise tickets prices, parking, and stadium food prices to make up that money.

The average guy just eats the $1000 and hopes he can work overtime to make up for having to spend it.

Per Adam Shafter

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.
I hope so, but the pessimist in me doesn't see it. There taken a $30 million hit this year, and not even a first for Wenzt? I guess the lesson is you better be sure if you're given that second contract out because it's gonna cost you.

$33.8 million to be exact. Must be nice to be able to afford to eat nearly $34 million dollars just to get rid of a player you don’t want. Of course Billionaires look at $34 million the same way the average guy looks at $1000 dollars. Of course they just raise tickets prices, parking, and stadium food prices to make up that money.

The average guy just eats the $1000 and hopes he can work overtime to make up for having to spend it.
True to a point, but it does affect the salary cap, and therefore their competitiveness.

Some owners don't really care about winning though, as long as the franchise is a lucrative business.

The Lion's ownership (not the current one) was like that back in the Silverdome days.

The owner was overheard by reporters saying something to the effect that it didn't really matter to him if they were competitive. They
were highly profitable.

Indy is rolling the dice here.Wentz had alot of bad going on for him.WR are horrible,Oline Horrendous and then Coach and him were at odds.
Sportrac shows $25.4 dead but then clear after this season but damn.Phillys dead caps numbers are INSANE.
There is no way Philly is good with Hurts at QB.That is my imo.They are stuck with him for atleast a year unless they use those picks plus theres to get 1 in this draft.
Philly may love Sewell or Chase or Wilson or Fields.I can see them wanting up.How much love does Brotherly Love have for these players is the Question

I think you're going a bit overboard. This has nothing to do with the owner. The team has a cap so it's not like they "eat" the 33mill and still have another 180mill to use under the cap. All this does is they'll have to make do with less than 150mill for the whole team this coming season.

True to a point, but it does affect the salary cap, and therefore their competitiveness.

Some owners don't really care about winning though, as long as the franchise is a lucrative business.

The Lion's ownership (not the current one) was like that back in the Silverdome days.

The owner was overheard by reporters saying something to the effect that it didn't really matter to him if they were competitive. They
were highly profitable.
Not sure I agree that owners don't want to win and only care about money. These owners already have tons and tons of money before they even buy the team so the reason they buy the team is to try to win a SB. I get it that to some of them the team is like a toy but they didn't need to spend what they spent to buy the team. They could just keep the money they have and not buy a team at all.

I asked a simple question and you responded with verbiage I never uttered. It was a simple questions to your statement that implied undersized receivers aren’t worthy of a top pick.
So few of them work out, citing one particular example who defies the reality when placed in a perfect situation with a deep team... does not imply much.

So... my response was on point.

I was dealing w the same thing in my anti 1st round RB thread.

You wouldn't take Derrick Henry at 18?
You wouldn't take Nick Chubb 1st round?

We dealing w prospects. Enjoy ur hindsight if u can't understand the faulty logic here.
They really can't.

What they want to do is take a low percentage chance that hit, and imply that it is more common that it actually is.

Just because Fred Schmoo hit the lottery last week... means that he should play again.

They fail a basic logic question.

were highly profitable.
Guess Ross doesn't care.

I think you're going a bit overboard. This has nothing to do with the owner. The team has a cap so it's not like they "eat" the 33mill and still have another 180mill to use under the cap. All this does is they'll have to make do with less than 150mill for the whole team this coming season.
Yea a lil bit lmao

Not sure I agree that owners don't want to win and only care about money. These owners already have tons and tons of money before they even buy the team so the reason they buy the team is to try to win a SB. I get it that to some of them the team is like a toy but they didn't need to spend what they spent to buy the team. They could just keep the money they have and not buy a team at all.
I certainly don't believe that is true of all owners, and the example I gave was in the 70s when I was a young boy, before franchises were worth billions, when many players worked actual jobs in the offseason. No huge TV money, etc.

I have no doubt that most owners are passionate about winning, and like us all enjoy bragging rights.

I certainly don't believe that is true of all owners, and the example I gave was in the 70s when I was a young boy, before franchises were worth billions, when many players worked actual jobs in the offseason. No huge TV money, etc.

I have no doubt that most owners are passionate about winning, and like us all enjoy bragging rights.
yeah back in the day things were different for sure. Now everything is different and I'd say some of them don't care as much about winning as other do. My point is they don't get it to try to make money cause they were worth Billions already.

Back
Top Bottom