Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins. | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins.

I'll tell ya what is going to be some good ****.. I dont know if anyone has thought of this or pointed it out and i just didnt read it.... but imagine this scenario...

Houston sends Watson to Carolina for 8, 39, and some picks in the future.....

We trade houston, their #3 back so they can draft a QB to replace Watson, and we get picks 8 and 39 from them, and then a throw in next year. I know it'd be like we were actually trading down with the Panthers, but itd be us getting even more good **** from them

Would you draft Tyreke Hill at 3 if he was in the draft in April?
The guy that was drafted in the 5th round> Coming out of college no I would not have drafted him at #3. Just like I would not have drafted Tom Brady at #3. It's easy to draft in hindsight. Play the other way, would you have drafted Leaf at #1?

It’s interesting to me that the consensus seems to be Justin Fields isn’t a great prospect yet we seem so confident teams are going to trade the farm for #3 to draft the QB who isn’t a great prospect.
A lot of this "speculation" is akin to the lottery. Ppl like to dream "what ifs" but they don't really believe it's likely unless, of course, they are irrationally deluded.

In the specific case of Fields, while I may see him as questionable as a top tier prospect, some scouts/GMs may feel differently.

I do think there is a lot of misguided confidence in a lot of different scenarios. Anything is possible, but most of it is driven by agenda, rather than sound reasoning.

A lot of this "speculation" is akin to the lottery. Ppl like to dream "what ifs" but they don't really believe it's likely unless, of course, they are irrationally deluded.

In the specific case of Fields, while I may see him as questionable as a top tier prospect, some scouts/GMs may feel differently.

I do think there is a lot of misguided confidence in a lot of different scenarios. Anything is possible, but most of it is driven by agenda, rather than sound reasoning.

Correct. The opinions of the guys making the picks are the only ones that matter

Correct. The opinions of the guys making the picks are the only ones that matter
They are the ones getting fired we are not. But with the way some teams have picked at certain times it begs the question to the capacity of the people that hired the staff to begin with to allow them to make extremely questionable pics so it evens out.

Anyone talking down Justin Fields is tying to lower the price. It’s draft talk strategy. He’s good, can probably do anything Patrick Mahomes can do.

They are the ones getting fired we are not. But with the way some teams have picked at certain times it begs the question to the capacity of the people that hired the staff to begin with to allow them to make extremely questionable pics so it evens out.

Agree, as long as "people" is current. I grow tired of these 'Miami has had poor drafts for 20 years' as if the FO hasn't changed.

Agree, as long as "people" is current. I grow tired of these 'Miami has had poor drafts for 20 years' as if the FO hasn't changed.
That is another topic but is better to talk about this upcoming draft, and perhaps the 2021 season. This team has a history of poorly developing quarterbacks, and we have a poor history in the last 20 years doing many things. With that said I am preaching to the choir.

The guy that was drafted in the 5th round> Coming out of college no I would not have drafted him at #3. Just like I would not have drafted Tom Brady at #3. It's easy to draft in hindsight. Play the other way, would you have drafted Leaf at #1?
I dont think that you understand what he is saying. He is referring to drafting a small receiver at #3. Forget where Hill was drafted. If you knew who Hill was and knew what he would be in the NFL would he be worth the #3 pick? Or a better question is would you give the #3 pick to trade for Hill?

Let swing it back around and say that you can't just say a guy is too small to be worh that pick because you never know what he is going to be. He may be good and may not be but even the prototypical size shape and speed guys may not translate and turn out to be a bust.

the Jets are in the driver seat. Until the Jets do something all this Miami trade out stuff is just pissing in tbe wind.
i don't see it like that, as long as some teams go nuts over three QBs.

if Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson are hot properties, the Jets can suck on both my nootz with whatever they end up doing or not doing.

for that matter, jets can always suck on both my nootz.

individually or simultaneously.

Anyone talking down Justin Fields is tying to lower the price. It’s draft talk strategy. He’s good, can probably do anything Patrick Mahomes can do.
That's a huge stretch there.

If you tell me, physically he is equal, that's one thing. Being an MVP level QB is quite a lot more than that.

Back
Top Bottom