Earl Thomas spotted with Dolphin Coaches | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Earl Thomas spotted with Dolphin Coaches

Excellent mock, though I see the Fins picking either Jeff Owens from Georgia as NT in round 4 or going with a TE in that round.
I acually forgot all about Jeff Owens untill you mentioned him IMO when i look at a pick of Owens his body size reminds me of Ferguson

I seem to remember players we've drafted in the past two years saying after being picked that they hadn't heard much from Miami leading up to the draft. We really need to take these meetings with a grain of salt. To me, the fact that we haven't spoken with Dan Williams since the Senior Bowl makes me go "hmmm...". The only visits that mean much are the official visits, since each team has a limited amount and wouldn't waste them on smokescreens. Just something to keep in mind when trying to make sense of who we are eating dinner with and the pro days that our senior personnel people and coaches are attending.

I agree with you 110%.

And with more rule changes coming to benefit the passing game, a great safety with awesome range, athleticism, and instincts in coverage, WILL BE A PREMIUM position.

don't listen to the lies when Draftniks say safety isn't a primary position.. They're total idiots.

Because it's total BULLSHYT !!!

I can take it one step further from your post.

Not only was Polamalu a loss to their team from #1 defense to #8 when he got hurt, but their pass defense was a TOTAL SIEVE after he got hurt. Their defense was garbage.. And they still had their all world linebacking corps of Woodley-Farrior-Timmons-Harrison --- but that didn't help any..

Bob Sanders was out for most of the season a few years ago.. Their defense was ranked in the mid 20's and their run D was ranked DEAD LAST in the NFL... And then Sanders comes back for the playoffs, and their D plays LIGHTS OUT and were Awesome = they win the super bowl !!

Darren Sharper gets added to that Saints defense.. and they go from one of the worst pass defenses in the league to a Super Bowl title.. I know Gregg Williams the D-coordinator was a big addition, as was Greer last year... but if you listened to the Saints players on the radio before they played us, they ALL gleamed and glowed about what a difference Darren Sharper made to their defense..... all the players on that team talked about was Darren Sharper Darren Sharper Darren Sharper... and some more Darren Sharper.

Some of you may be a bit too young to know who Ronnie Lott is, but let me tell you he was an awesome safety for the 49ers when they were winning super bowls.. Ronnie Lott was an 8-time All-Pro, and was one of only 4 players who were on all those FOUR 49er super bowl teams..

The guy was a HUGE difference maker.. they talk about Montana and Jerry Rice, and the west coast offense... but people forget they had a great defense..... and it was led by Ronnie Lott.

I can go on and on.. Having an Elite level safety with great range is a HUGE difference maker to a team.. Just ask QB's how they feel going into a stadium to face Ed Reed..... TRUST ME, they have him in the back of their mind.. and all it takes is a split second hesitation on a throw, and ED REED Owns you, and owns your team.

Eric Berry and Earl Thomas are #1 and #2 on my Dolphins draft board... these 2 guys are generational type safeties that don't come along very often. My dream is to have one of those guys manning our secondary over the next decade.

Oh please let this dream come true.... for once

Been saying this for months. If you covet E. Berry, you have to want E. Thomas at #12. D. Bryant is the wildcard. But, if it's not E. Thomas - assuming Berry is gone - at 12, it had better be D. Bryant. They are the three biggest game-changers that we'll have a shot at with the 12th pick. You also have to throw Spiller into the mix, but I don't think our FO is interested in Spiller.

I have and most likely still am leaning more towards SOLB over FS with the #12 preferably not Morgan.

But this is definately one of the best arguments why FS might just be the pick at #12, it all comes down to, can you find that stud in the 2nd round to play FS.
Chubbs

I don't think any of the OLB prospects are rare talents in the way that Berry and Thomas are.

Earl Thomas just seems too little for my liking, imagine how he would fare against the brandon marshalls, and the TO's. I havent seen enough on him to make a decision. Would anyone tell me whats so great about Thomas?

Earl Thomas just seems too little for my liking, imagine how he would fare against the brandon marshalls, and the TO's. I havent seen enough on him to make a decision. Would anyone tell me whats so great about Thomas?
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...than-once-with-texas-free-safety-earl-thomas/ heat here is a good breakdown on each.they are not that far apart.thomas from what i have seen closes better.but can miss a couple of tackles because he is flying in there so fast.berry is a better tackler,and could play down in the box. nolans defensive style will predict the player they choose when it comes to safety.

Ed Reed = 5 ft 11 in 200 lb
Troy Polamalu = 5 ft 10 in 207 lb
Earl Thomas = 5 ft 10 1/4 in 208 lb

Does he still seem to small for you?

Ed Reed = 5 ft 11 in 200 lb
Troy Polamalu = 5 ft 10 in 207 lb
Earl Thomas = 5 ft 10 1/4 in 208 lb

Does he still seem to small for you?

could you show me a pic where he is 208, because the max i have seen him is at 197.

wow i didnt know thomas benched more than berry. This guy looks great now that i see some articles about him.

Look at Pitts defense with Troy and without...with Troy ranked #1, without ranked #8. Name 1 other defender that can impact a team taht much.

Look at Reed with the Ravens...they lose Thomas their LB but still tops in the NFL, Pitts loses their LB Foote but still tops till Troy went out.

FS is the QB of a defense basically if not hte ILB...this way you have Dansby AND Thomas, 2 QBs..any day over a SOLB.

I agree with you 110%.

And with more rule changes coming to benefit the passing game, a great safety with awesome range, athleticism, and instincts in coverage, WILL BE A PREMIUM position.

don't listen to the lies when Draftniks say safety isn't a primary position.. They're total idiots.

Because it's total BULLSHYT !!!

I can take it one step further from your post.

Not only was Polamalu a loss to their team from #1 defense to #8 when he got hurt, but their pass defense was a TOTAL SIEVE after he got hurt. Their defense was garbage.. And they still had their all world linebacking corps of Woodley-Farrior-Timmons-Harrison --- but that didn't help any..

Bob Sanders was out for most of the season a few years ago.. Their defense was ranked in the mid 20's and their run D was ranked DEAD LAST in the NFL... And then Sanders comes back for the playoffs, and their D plays LIGHTS OUT and were Awesome = they win the super bowl !!

Darren Sharper gets added to that Saints defense.. and they go from one of the worst pass defenses in the league to a Super Bowl title.. I know Gregg Williams the D-coordinator was a big addition, as was Greer last year... but if you listened to the Saints players on the radio before they played us, they ALL gleamed and glowed about what a difference Darren Sharper made to their defense..... all the players on that team talked about was Darren Sharper Darren Sharper Darren Sharper... and some more Darren Sharper.

Some of you may be a bit too young to know who Ronnie Lott is, but let me tell you he was an awesome safety for the 49ers when they were winning super bowls.. Ronnie Lott was an 8-time All-Pro, and was one of only 4 players who were on all those FOUR 49er super bowl teams..

The guy was a HUGE difference maker.. they talk about Montana and Jerry Rice, and the west coast offense... but people forget they had a great defense..... and it was led by Ronnie Lott.

I can go on and on.. Having an Elite level safety with great range is a HUGE difference maker to a team.. Just ask QB's how they feel going into a stadium to face Ed Reed..... TRUST ME, they have him in the back of their mind.. and all it takes is a split second hesitation on a throw, and ED REED Owns you, and owns your team.

Eric Berry and Earl Thomas are #1 and #2 on my Dolphins draft board... these 2 guys are generational type safeties that don't come along very often. My dream is to have one of those guys manning our secondary over the next decade.

Oh please let this dream come true.... for once

Its between Dez or Thomas for me. Just too much talent and on field influence to pass up.

Look at Pitts defense with Troy and without...with Troy ranked #1, without ranked #8. Name 1 other defender that can impact a team taht much.

Look at Reed with the Ravens...they lose Thomas their LB but still tops in the NFL, Pitts loses their LB Foote but still tops till Troy went out.

FS is the QB of a defense basically if not hte ILB...this way you have Dansby AND Thomas, 2 QBs..any day over a SOLB.
I have and most likely still am leaning more towards SOLB over FS with the #12 preferably not Morgan.

But this is definately one of the best arguments why FS might just be the pick at #12, it all comes down to, can you find that stud in the 2nd round to play FS.
Chubbs

So he would be one on one with these guys all day?

NO.

He would be fast in the backfield covering Moss deep without getting burnt. Imagine a Safety that actually is fast enough to stay with anyone all while seeing the entire field.

If anyone watches any football games from the last few years, you would come to the conclusion we need a safety bigtime. I think Clemons will be good but he is more project. Thomas would step right in and eventually lead.

I just would love to be a bug on Nolan's wall.

Back
Top Bottom