Early Draft "Crush" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Draft "Crush"

finsfan4life

In Dawn We Trust!
Reaction score
Who is the one player (that the team could actually draft) that you really like, and want on the team? For me it's Ryan Shazier. Unfortunately, we spent a lot of money on linebackers last offseason, but I would like to draft him to take over Wheeler's spot. I think we can get offensive linemen in free agency and later in the draft. Who's your draft "crush?"

Telvin Smith to replace Wheeler

Two of my favorites - Jeremy Hill and Melvin Gordon - are going back. I think Sammy Watkins is somewhere between A. J. Green and Calvin Johnson as a WR prospect - not in terms of skill set as much as quality. Won't be within striking range of #19. Greg Robinson is a weapon, and Jarvis Landry is a Bill Bellichick kind of WR (smart, tough, willing to block, sure-handed - can work the slot or the boundary) but with more physical talent. Best comparison I can think of is a young Hines Ward. He's actually make a lot of sense at #19. He gives us a young, dynamic slot WR who knows how to act as a security blanked for a QB; he's a great target. He'd also help bring a toughness to a group that could use more physical presence. Depending on the available OT's and WR's, I think Landry is a winning football player and an underrated talent - worthy of a top 20 pick.

i really like Ryan Shazier too. just put him in wheelers spot. if wheeler makes it past june 1 the new gm needs to be fired

Greg Robinson, Eric Ebron, Sammy Watkins, Marquise Lee, Carlos Hyde, Khalil Mack ... Yeah, I know that's more than one name, but I like them all.

Greg Robinson, Eric Ebron, Sammy Watkins, Marquise Lee, Carlos Hyde, Khalil Mack ... Yeah, I know that's more than one name, but I like them all.
Highly unlikely that any of the players in bold will be there at #19...and I'm still iffy on Marquise Lee being there. Hyde will be around in the 2nd round.

shazier is light in the pants and tackles high...plays more a strong safeties game as a tackler...not a top 20 pick worth guy imo the more i look...

not the athlete alec ogletree was last year but more instinctual imo...

Two of my favorites - Jeremy Hill and Melvin Gordon - are going back. I think Sammy Watkins is somewhere between A. J. Green and Calvin Johnson as a WR prospect - not in terms of skill set as much as quality. Won't be within striking range of #19. Greg Robinson is a weapon, and Jarvis Landry is a Bill Bellichick kind of WR (smart, tough, willing to block, sure-handed - can work the slot or the boundary) but with more physical talent. Best comparison I can think of is a young Hines Ward. He's actually make a lot of sense at #19. He gives us a young, dynamic slot WR who knows how to act as a security blanked for a QB; he's a great target. He'd also help bring a toughness to a group that could use more physical presence. Depending on the available OT's and WR's, I think Landry is a winning football player and an underrated talent - worthy of a top 20 pick.

Hill is coming out now. And you are right...he is a terrific back and is pretty much exactly what we need. Him and Seastrunk are my top two backs out.

shazier is light in the pants and tackles high...plays more a strong safeties game as a tackler...not a top 20 pick worth guy imo the more i look...

not the athlete alec ogletree was last year but more instinctual imo...

Hoops have you seen much of Borland play? Slimm pointed me towards him a while back and I still only got around to a few games. Still...looked like the instinctual backer we need. Played fast but not sure he will test great...seemed smart though, read keys and used his hands well to shed. Not to mention I always take into account leadership especially at the LB position and that kid was the heart of the team.

Hoops have you seen much of Borland play? Slimm pointed me towards him a while back and I still only got around to a few games. Still...looked like the instinctual backer we need. Played fast but not sure he will test great...seemed smart though, read keys and used his hands well to shed. Not to mention I always take into account leadership especially at the LB position and that kid was the heart of the team.

not much yet...only bits and pieces...i have 3 games of his to look at

Back
Top Bottom