Early Hopes for 2021 Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Hopes for 2021 Draft

If there is a Reduction in the Cap for 2021, there is a good chance a lot of teams will be scurrying to cut players to get under the cap, including Miami. There are a lot of rumors the Covid 19 pandemic is going to hurt the NFL's and all sports franchises bottom lines. The rumors have the NFL reducing the cap by as much as $70m. If that's becomes Factual, Miami may need to cut Howard and McCain as well as others inorder to get compliant? Making CB a potential priority for the 2021 draft.
There's no way I see a 70M reduction. That's an immense number. What the NFL doesn't publicly discuss is they and the PU have reseverses.
Edit, I would also bet money the NFL has some force majeure insurance policy that covers this type of situation.

I really hope we get a RB and WR early next draft.
I have a feeling Miami is going to continue to bargain shop for RB's. I could be wrong. I'm with you, though. I'd love to add the electric talents of Waddle and Etienne to this offense. Both are likely top 15 candidates and that's probably around where the Dolphins will be drafting.

For me, Hunt's play is huge this year in determining the direction of the draft. If he can play RT at a high level, then that really opens up the first round. If he's best at guard, then RT becomes the highest priority IMO. Have to protect Tua's blindside.

Me too.

Right now my big targets would be Parson, Rousseau and Sewell but I don't think Miami will be drafting early enough for any of them.
I think Rousseau and Sewell are likely top 5 picks. Because he's a linebacker Parsons could sneak outside of the top 10. I think Miami picks in the middle of the pack.

I think Rousseau and Sewell are likely top 5 picks. Because he's a linebacker Parsons could sneak outside of the top 10. I think Miami picks in the middle of the pack.
I’m with ya here... another good time to have multiple first rounders

Really hoping we can snag one of these electric wr’s. After that you could go so many different ways.

I’m with ya here... another good time to have multiple first rounders

Really hoping we can snag one of these electric wr’s. After that you could go so many different ways.
Could be a better group of receivers than last year. Chase, Smith and Waddle are probably the three best. I'd love any of them. Chase and Smith are probably better overall players, but Waddle has that rare speed that just really makes things tough on a defense. Like those KC receivers.

I haven't seen Moore from Purdue, or Bateman from Minnesota but both are talked about as first rounders. I like Ross, but he may be too much like Parker and Williams. That's six who probably go in the first round.

I would still not take a WR early in round 1.

Houston's pick might end up being in a good spot for WR, but if Miami earns a pick in the 8-14 range I am going defensive front 7 or OT.

But we have to wait to see just what the board might look like before we know where best to spend those picks.

At least we are not talking about RB in round 1.

Houston's pick might end up being in a good spot for WR, but if Miami earns a pick in the 8-14 range I am going defensive front 7 or OT.

But we have to wait to see just what the board might look like before we know where best to spend those picks.

Who are the defensive front seven players to watch this year? At first glance, it doesn't seem like a very good group although players can always emerge.

In a way, I think Hunt is the key to next years' draft. If he can lock down that right tackle position, then that really opens things up for Miami. If he can't, then RT should be a priority. There appear to be four really good tackles in Sewell, Leatherwood, LIttle and Cosmi.

Jordan Davis from Georgia is a true 3-4 nose tackle to watch. Barmore from Bama is another. Parsons from Penn St is an ILB. Georgia and Bama are loaded on defense. I am hoping for more offense skill guys next year.

If we have to draft another OL next yr after FA then Grier has failed in the draft again. It’s been stated Hunt is projected as a RT. Picking at 39 for a G? Just another whiff. I want any position in the 1st but DT or OL. BPA, WR, DE front and center with LB and yes RB in the conversation.

If we have to draft another OL next yr after FA then Grier has failed in the draft again. It’s been stated Hunt is projected as a RT. Picking at 39 for a G? Just another whiff. I want any position in the 1st but DT or OL. BPA, WR, DE front and center with LB and yes RB in the conversation.
Unless Hunt is a pro-bowl caliber guard, I tend to agree. Especially considering the talent that was there at #39.

If I can add an exceptional OT next year and have Hunt play RG I would be fine with that.

I want to build as strong an OL as possible, to protect Tua and also to allow productive offense without relying on elite skill position players.

If you can run block and pass block at a high level your WR's will have an easier time getting open and your RB's will have big holes to run through.

The BEST way to get the most out of an elite QB is too block for him.

Give me an A+ OL and a bunch of B- "skill" positions to go with my big time QB and I will win a lot more than I will if I am investing premium picks and big money on WR's and RB's.

Back
Top Bottom